BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Wofford @ #1 James Madison

Post by BigApp »

Discuss
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
pantherrob82
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: UNI, Montana, UNH, McNees

Re: Wofford @ #1 James Madison

Post by pantherrob82 »

Tough draw for JMU. Seems like they should've gotten Colgate or EKU
godukes
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: James Madison Dukes

Post by godukes »

The committee must really dislike JMU and Wofford. #1 vs. #8 in the first round. That should be definitely 2nd round. I believe JMU is the best team out there, but seriously first round! At least it should be a good game.
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

I agree.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JMU by 10
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

So you got Villanova, JMU, Wofford, Cal Poly, and Montana all in the same side of the bracket. Should be some interesting games.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

godukes wrote:The committee must really dislike JMU and Wofford. #1 vs. #8 in the first round. That should be definitely 2nd round. I believe JMU is the best team out there, but seriously first round! At least it should be a good game.
How about Wofford's luck? Last year they draw Montana--AT Montana. This year, they draw #1 JMU AT JMU.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

haha yea I know.....that's why I said Wofford too. Do you know if Wofford fans travel well....Wofford is in South Carolina and JMU is up in VA plus it's Thanksgiving weekend.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JMU got the 1-seed, but they also drew the toughest opponent of any seed. I think the Dukes will win because of a better defense.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

godukes wrote:So you got Villanova, JMU, Wofford, Cal Poly, and Montana all in the same side of the bracket. Should be some interesting games.

One side:

JMU (#1)
Cal Poly (#3)
Montana (#5)
Villanova (#6)
Wofford (#8)
Weber (#12)
Colgate (#16)
Texas State (#23)

Other Bracket:

ASU (#2)
UNI (#4)
Richmond (#7)
SIU (#9)
UNH (#10)
SCSU (#13)
Maine (#20)
EKU (#21)

Bolded teams were conference winners. Does this look as lopsided to anyone else as it does to me? 5 of the top 8 teams in ONE bracket? JMU could potentially have to go through Wofford, Villanova and Montana/CP/Weber JUST to get to the title game. ASU, on the other hand has SCSU, Richmond and SIU/UNH. Those are HARDLY evenly distributed brackets.

ASU administrators either should be BLOWING or must have BLOWN the committee members for this draw for them. They have literally paved the way for a 4th straight ASU championship.

Do the committee members realize they lose any semblance of legitimacy when they do this?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

AZGrizFan wrote:
godukes wrote:So you got Villanova, JMU, Wofford, Cal Poly, and Montana all in the same side of the bracket. Should be some interesting games.

One side:

JMU (#1)
Cal Poly (#3)
Montana (#5)
Villanova (#6)
Wofford (#8)
Weber (#12)
Colgate (#16)
Texas State (#23)

Other Bracket:

ASU (#2)
UNI (#4)
Richmond (#7)
SIU (#9)
UNH (#10)
SCSU (#13)
Maine (#20)
EKU (#21)

Bolded teams were conference winners. Does this look as lopsided to anyone else as it does to me? 5 of the top 8 teams in ONE bracket? JMU could potentially have to go through Wofford, Villanova and Montana/CP/Weber JUST to get to the title game. ASU, on the other hand has SCSU, Richmond and SIU/UNH. Those are HARDLY evenly distributed brackets.

ASU administrators either should be BLOWING or must have BLOWN the committee members for this draw for them. They have literally paved the way for a 4th straight ASU championship.

Do the committee members realize they lose any semblance of legitimacy when they do this?

Live with it, Brutus.

What, you gonna go postal at the champy game over it???

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:mrgreen:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cap'n Cat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
One side:

JMU (#1)
Cal Poly (#3)
Montana (#5)
Villanova (#6)
Wofford (#8)
Weber (#12)
Colgate (#16)
Texas State (#23)

Other Bracket:

ASU (#2)
UNI (#4)
Richmond (#7)
SIU (#9)
UNH (#10)
SCSU (#13)
Maine (#20)
EKU (#21)

Live with it, Brutus.

Well, I don't have any choice but to live with it, Popeye. But it doesn't mean I have to be happy with it. Just glad the idiots on the committee didn't let me down. All three good Western teams will have played each other by round two. ASU gets a pass to the finals. True to form, all the way. Stand by for yet another year of 89Hen and GannonFan's sniping about how "no western team besides Montana has made a deep run in the playoffs...." :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Well, I don't have any choice but to live with it, Popeye. But it doesn't mean I have to be happy with it. Just glad the idiots on the committee didn't let me down. All three good Western teams will have played each other by round two. ASU gets a pass to the finals. True to form, all the way. Stand by for yet another year of 89Hen and GannonFan's sniping about how "no western team besides Montana has made a deep run in the playoffs...." :roll: :roll: :roll:

You let those two khundts get to you?

:roll: :roll:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cap'n Cat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

You let those two khundts get to you?

:roll: :roll:

Well, not any more, since they're over THERE and I'm not going back. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Cap'n Cat wrote:

Live with it, Brutus.

Don't sweat it. GannonMod is a putz. I seek solace in the fact that the dude weight 700lbs., is addicted to YooHoo and lives in his grandmother's basement with his pet rat and Star Wars memoribilia. :lol:
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

D1B wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Well, I don't have any choice but to live with it, Popeye. But it doesn't mean I have to be happy with it. Just glad the idiots on the committee didn't let me down. All three good Western teams will have played each other by round two. ASU gets a pass to the finals. True to form, all the way. Stand by for yet another year of 89Hen and GannonFan's sniping about how "no western team besides Montana has made a deep run in the playoffs...." :roll: :roll: :roll:
Don't sweat it. GannonMod is a putz. I seek solace in the fact that the dude weight 700lbs., is addicted to YooHoo and lives in his grandmother's basement with his pet rat and Star Wars memoribilia. :lol:
Now THAT'S funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Cap'n Cat wrote:

Live with it, Brutus.

OK....so let's break this down.....there were 3 REALLY good consistenet teams this year....JMU, ASU & Cal Poly....you can argue Weber St all you want to, but the fact is they shared the conference title and finished outside the top10. So, yes, you have 5 in one bracket and 3 in the other....so, in restrospect:

1- yes, a case could have been made to put Villanove in the AppSt-SIU bracket to more evenly distribute the top 8 teams;
2- NO, this action by the committee is not comparable to the amount of whining being initiated by AZGriz.... :roll:

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

JMU 24 Wofford 17
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Post by BigApp »

godukes wrote: Do you know if Wofford fans travel well....Wofford is in South Carolina and JMU is up in VA plus it's Thanksgiving weekend.
Wofford only has an enrollment of 1100 (that's eleven hundred). I'd expect about 1% of that.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

Appaholic wrote:
D1B wrote: Don't sweat it. GannonMod is a putz. I seek solace in the fact that the dude weight 700lbs., is addicted to YooHoo and lives in his grandmother's basement with his pet rat and Star Wars memoribilia. :lol:
Now THAT'S funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's funny is that dork denying he's a mod. :lol:
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

D1B wrote:
Appaholic wrote: Now THAT'S funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's funny is that dork denying he's a mod. :lol:
Must be too much pressure.......

SUUTbird
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Southern Utah
A.K.A.: SUU T-Birds

Post by SUUTbird »

Im going to go with the Dukes over the Terriers in a very good game:
-JMU-37
-Wofford-34
in OT
Llamaguy
I am a fan of: JMU

Post by Llamaguy »

The brackets are the usual workings of the NCAA. For years in the Division 3 playoffs the match-ups are based on geography more than seed. Per the NCAA handbook, any teams <500 miles apart can be bused, more than that requires a flight paid for by the NCAA. There is a term called "The Texas Sub-bracket" in D3. They have a 32 team playoff with 4 groups of 8 teams seeded 1-8. It used to be 4 regions but those lines have blurred over the years to save money and get the most deserving at-large teams in the tourney. The South bracket always includes teams from Texas, Miss, Georgia, NC, VA, Tenn., Maryland, Deleware, PA. In order to save money the Texas teams always play each other in round one regardless of seed to save a plane flight. This year UMHB #2 seed played HSU #3 in round one. To further prove that the matchups are dictated by flight money:this year the NCAA actually sent a West bracket to the ESPN selection show that was rescinded 2 hours prior to it be unveiled. The actual version that was used ended up pairing the West #1 & #2 seeds against each other in week one because it eliminated 2 plane flights. I have not looked at both brackets in the D-1aa scenario but do know that first round match-ups usually try to match-up teams that can be bused. The only exception is that the NCAA usually tries not to match-up conference opponents in the first round if at all possible. ;)

As for the game Saturday, it should be a good one. JMU's offense is the real deal. The defense in my opinion is not as good at stopping the run since they lost their starting middle LB mid season. We know what Wofford does most of the time is run and run well. I see this as a high scoring game decided by the turnover battle. It may be the team that stops itself the most on the short end of this one!
godukes
Level1
Level1

Post by godukes »

Finally got another JMU fan on here.
AppStateFTW
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Post by AppStateFTW »

As I look through all of the boards, all I see EVERYWHERE is JMU fans complaining about the brackets. If you guys are SO GOOD, then it shouldn't matter WHO you have to beat... it's a cakewalk, right?

Wofford 52
JMU 23... yes, 3 TDs, 1 Safety