Post by NDSUFREAK »

WOW! Nice stadium you guys will have in the future
MrTitleist
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Future Home of the Akron Zips

Post by MrTitleist »

At least... it doesn't have a track around it. I like it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ronbo
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: montana

Post by ronbo »

Thanks for coming by zipnation. I enjoy talking with you Mid Major fans and find there is much more repect for the top FCS schools with you guys than we get from the BCS schools. Wish your Conferences would start allowing home and homes. The SoCon, Big Sky, CAA, Gateway, Great West, Southland, and OVC should all be getting home and homes with the MAC, WAC, C-USA, and Sun Belt. Even if they are 2 for 1's. With Montana, we can't afford to play you guys without a home and home deal, we can only play a large BCS school and make the money we get for a home game.

Should I mention this would have been relegated to other sports at the other board in less than two minutes? :roll:
"Your life is an occasion, rise to it."
Carpe Diem! Go Griz!
http://oilnexus.com 25,000 mile oil changes. Engine warranty. Eliminate sludge.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Very nice stadium!
:thumb:
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Post by BigApp »

very nice Zip!

are those dorms, offices and/or a hotel next to the new stadium?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Post by BigApp »

what happened to the image here?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
guinzone
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Youngstown State
A.K.A.: Let's Go Guins

Post by guinzone »

BigApp wrote:what happened to the image here?
I fixed the link for you guys. That is a very nice stadium, but it just goes to show how bad their attendance really is.. A 27,500 stadium; when you see most new stadiums 35k-40k.
Proud Youngstown State Fan
putter
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by putter »

Great stadium! That will add a great atmosphere to the campus! :clap:
‎"Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Hugh White, 1801
GeauxColonels
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Nicholls State

Post by GeauxColonels »

Looks good. I think it has a "vintage" feel to it and will blend in well with the surrounding buildings!
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

It looks classy. Hope to see it built for you guys soon!
Bow Chicka Bow Wow
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Personally, I'd prefer a bowl-type stadium. However, as far as an overall athletic complex goes, that's world class. Everything right next to each other. The only issue would be parking. Perhaps one of those buildings could be relocated and replaced with a decent-sized parking garage.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
guinzone
Level2
Level2

Post by guinzone »

I'd like to congratulate the Akron Zips on their announcement of a brand new stadium today that will open in September of 2009 vs. the Kentucky Wildcats!!!

STADIUM LINK: http://www.uakron.edu/stadium/index.php
GoGuins
I am a fan of: YSU

Post by GoGuins »

guinzone wrote:I'd like to congratulate the Akron Zips on their announcement of a brand new stadium today that will open in September of 2009 vs. the Kentucky Wildcats!!!

Why do you bash it on your website then?
http://guinzone.com/component/option,co ... opic,36.0/
guinzone
Level2
Level2

Post by guinzone »

GoGuins wrote:
guinzone wrote:I'd like to congratulate the Akron Zips on their announcement of a brand new stadium today that will open in September of 2009 vs. the Kentucky Wildcats!!!

Why do you bash it on your website then?
First off can you get off my ass sometime or another? We are both YSU fans and the main reason you don't like me is because I called the other board a site that looked to be created in the 1980s; unless you can prove me wrong there, I won't say otherwise. It is a great place to talk YSU sports, but c-mon now, it's appeal to the casual fan and the fans of other teams just isn't there, and the FORUMS ARE BACKWARDS!!!! The guy in charge has done nothing, and I mean NOTHING, to make that site look nicer. To me and many other YSU fans, he lacks the dedication to his site, that I and the other web guy at my place have. I want to make the best team fan site in the FCS, but I also want more people talking about YSU sports. I think we need 2 message boards; I mean I've seen like 5 OSU forums, 2 Akron ones, and the list goes on and on. I'm sorry if me and you don't agree on pretty much anything besides that we are both YSU fans, but can you lay off, it's getting real old! :) :) :)

Secondly, it's all fun and games with the Zips fans. I just post some of their comments they say because I think they are funny, I am very happy for them and I think that stadium will be the 2nd best in Ohio and the best by far in the MAC. I wish them all the luck, but I still want to play them!

Finally, this is what you have to say about the new stadium:
BoGuin wrote:Looks like a FCS stadium though. Maybe they forsee the drop to FCS
Sly Fox
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty

Post by Sly Fox »

I think its wise to do a first class smaller stadium as opposed to a cheesy larger one for the same money.

Much like we realize that most I-A middies aren't keen on coming to our I-AA/FCS houses they get the same deal from the BCS boys. So building an appropriate stadium makes great sense.

It does look like it fits in with the Akron motif that the Railyard worked so well.
GoGuins
I am a fan of: YSU

Post by GoGuins »

guinzone wrote:
GoGuins wrote: Why do you bash it on your website then?
First off can you get off my ass sometime or another? We are both YSU fans and the main reason you don't like me is because I called the other board a site that looked to be created in the 1980s; unless you can prove me wrong there, I won't say otherwise. It is a great place to talk YSU sports, but c-mon now, it's appeal to the casual fan and the fans of other teams just isn't there, and the FORUMS ARE BACKWARDS!!!! The guy in charge has done nothing, and I mean NOTHING, to make that site look nicer. To me and many other YSU fans, he lacks the dedication to his site, that I and the other web guy at my place have. I want to make the best team fan site in the FCS, but I also want more people talking about YSU sports. I think we need 2 message boards; I mean I've seen like 5 OSU forums, 2 Akron ones, and the list goes on and on. I'm sorry if me and you don't agree on pretty much anything besides that we are both YSU fans, but can you lay off, it's getting real old! :) :) :)

Secondly, it's all fun and games with the Zips fans. I just post some of their comments they say because I think they are funny, I am very happy for them and I think that stadium will be the 2nd best in Ohio and the best by far in the MAC. I wish them all the luck, but I still want to play them!

Finally, this is what you have to say about the new stadium:
BoGuin wrote:Looks like a FCS stadium though. Maybe they forsee the drop to FCS
Take a prozac, calm down. BTW I'm "GoGuins" not "BoGuin"