bucs90
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern

Re: On behalf of Charleston Southern, apologies to Citadel f

Post by bucs90 »

Ibanez wrote:
bucs90 wrote:
Exactly right. CSU never intended for its football team to be THIS. They started it as a D3 team along with the name change from Baptist College to boost enrollment. NCAA rule forced the jump to D1 in 92. School never cared to make big investments....and still doesnt..

The problem is......CSU can win. It's a very easy place to recruit to being in this area. The program has been on a steady incline since 1999 and 3 different HCs have taken it to the respectful "next level" from where it was, from early 90s 1-11 seasons to mid 2000 5-6 wins and competitive, to 2005 BSC chamsp....to now THIS.

As I said....CSU football is the most over achieving scholarship FCS program in the South. Even if the host school doesn't give a crap.
You guys better not get too successful. You'll be cut like your tennis program.
And men's soccer haha. They won't drop the program. CSU football has given that school more exposure than all the advertising money they've spent over the past 50 years (which is almost none).

I hate that Chadwell is being seen as an arrogant loudmouth. I know him. He's a good man. But he's fighting against his own administration for funds and support. He knows the ONLY way to get it is by stirring the pot vs The Citadel and getting exposure that way and by hosting this game forcing the school to maybe invest.

If we keep just moving the big games or not hosting them....they'll never invest.
[img] http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2 ... 325380900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

CID1990 wrote:
bucs90 wrote:
The problem is......CSU can win. It's a very easy place to recruit to being in this area.
Let's be honest here... Chadwell is a good recruiter, but he has the advantage of being able to take literally anybody.

Wofford, Furman, The Citadel, heck - even WCU can't touch half the players on CSU's roster. The APR at CSU is lower than the equivalent of a 50% graduation rate- the lowest in the Big South.

If CSU had decent facilities a coach like Chadwell could produce a national champion- but the million dollar question is if the Big South was to fold, where would CSU go? FBS?
Oh you're exactly right. I've never argued our academic entrance standards are what Citadel or Furman are , they aren't. That US News report has us ranked 93rd which is right around where Jacksonville State and McNeese State are.....two of the top FCS seeds in this playoff. Add to that being at the beach and the #1 tourist city in the country flooded with beautiful women....it's an easy sell.

You're correct about facilities and recruiting . CSU has always played good defense and had good skill position guys. We have always struggled on the OL because all coaches will say that O linemen are won with nice facilities. They don't get any other glory. If we had....say....Kennesaw States stadium- we'd be a yearly top 25 program easily. We just can't get full admin support....and it sucks but that is why Chadwell has to be how he is. He has to fight and claw for every article in the news and every dime from the admin. I fully see how it appears to outsiders. But anyone close to that program knows the challenge the HC of CSU is gonna have, and this is his answer to it. And....it resulted in 15,000 people wanting to see CSU hosting Citadel in a 2nd round playoff game. Houston and Chadwell have both obviously done incredible jobs for their teams. Admit it....this is way more fun than if either of us was playing Northern Iowa.

I don't see the Big South folding at all. There's talks of Jacksonville going full scholarship and joining in 2017 and Campbell is already in and playing non scholly football....heard they're joining as football in 2017 or 2018 maybe. And...Kennesaw State is gonna be a monster. They'll be the next Coastal Carolina caliber power in the BSC in 4 or 5 years.
[img] http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2 ... 325380900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

bucs90 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Let's be honest here... Chadwell is a good recruiter, but he has the advantage of being able to take literally anybody.

Wofford, Furman, The Citadel, heck - even WCU can't touch half the players on CSU's roster. The APR at CSU is lower than the equivalent of a 50% graduation rate- the lowest in the Big South.

If CSU had decent facilities a coach like Chadwell could produce a national champion- but the million dollar question is if the Big South was to fold, where would CSU go? FBS?
Oh you're exactly right. I've never argued our academic entrance standards are what Citadel or Furman are , they aren't. That US News report has us ranked 93rd which is right around where Jacksonville State and McNeese State are.....two of the top FCS seeds in this playoff. Add to that being at the beach and the #1 tourist city in the country flooded with beautiful women....it's an easy sell.

You're correct about facilities and recruiting . CSU has always played good defense and had good skill position guys. We have always struggled on the OL because all coaches will say that O linemen are won with nice facilities. They don't get any other glory. If we had....say....Kennesaw States stadium- we'd be a yearly top 25 program easily. We just can't get full admin support....and it sucks but that is why Chadwell has to be how he is. He has to fight and claw for every article in the news and every dime from the admin. I fully see how it appears to outsiders. But anyone close to that program knows the challenge the HC of CSU is gonna have, and this is his answer to it. And....it resulted in 15,000 people wanting to see CSU hosting Citadel in a 2nd round playoff game. Houston and Chadwell have both obviously done incredible jobs for their teams. Admit it....this is way more fun than if either of us was playing Northern Iowa.

I don't see the Big South folding at all. There's talks of Jacksonville going full scholarship and joining in 2017 and Campbell is already in and playing non scholly football....heard they're joining as football in 2017 or 2018 maybe. And...Kennesaw State is gonna be a monster. They'll be the next Coastal Carolina caliber power in the BSC in 4 or 5 years.
Kennesaw State is going FBS.

Campbell will migrate the second they get the chance because (see above) they aren't going to want to recruit against Big South schools. Jacksonville would be in the same boat.

VMI learned that lesson the hard way. It is what it is - conferences have identities and the idea is to play with other schools that are like-minded in terms of athletics and academics. The BSC has an identity too - but for schools like KSU, JU and Campbell it will be a waypoint to something else. The BSC would be better served trying to coax Valdosta State and North Greenville into FCS.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

What you need to do, when you are always selling out, is find a way to drive off the fanbase. Suggestions:

1. Institute mandatory seat donations, with the highest going to your longest-attending, most loyal fans.
2. Don't touch the stadium for 40 years.
3. Go 20 years with a scoreboard that looks like a light brite.
4. Leave your high school size press box in place for 50 years so that ESPN crews can remark what a shithole it is.
5. Put out drawings of your expansion to a 35k seat horseshoe stadium with a completely revamped athletic campus... ...and then put in handrails and stadium posters instead and give yourself a pat on the back.
6. Hire a security team to come in and eject fans who make loud noise and also have them beat up old people for good measure.
7. Build a new student recreation center, expand the basketball arena, build a new soccer stadium, renovate the baseball stadium, and keep doing nothing with that football stadium.
8. Bring in a no-talent ass clown for an AD.
9. Let said AD buyout coach who won national championship and had three championship appearances and 11-3 record in playoffs.
10. Let said AD hire his buddy, with a resume of nonperformance, to be head coach.
11. Watch said head coach make the team progressively worse each new year.

Yep, that'll get your attendance cut in half quickly.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
rokamortis wrote:All of this discussion about seats is why I was a little surprised that they gave CSU a seed. The Citadel could have easily been seeded with their record and beating SC. But this is all part of the growing pains of trying to build a program from little investment. This is hard now but at least should serve as motivation for CSU to build the proper facilities for FCS football.

Coastal baseball actually went through this as well, hosted regionals but our stadium was small and didn't have the proper facilities. We brought in temp seats one year and in others we hosted at an off-site minor league stadium. Now we have a pretty nice baseball stadium after enduring through those issues.
This. Saturday was my first time seeing the "Sports Complex" and I was impressed. It's an incredible complex of stadiums and quite frankly, long overdue.
Yep. In order to be a seed which is a guarantee of hosting at least 1 game there ought to be some sort of minimum facilities/seating recquirement. Something like around 8k, which could include temp seating. I imagine that would cover 80-90% of the schools from the 7 full scholly AQ conferences and most of the Patriot as well. Literally anyone who was short of 8k could get to 8k with temp seating. If that were the case this year CSU would have had to have pledged to have 4k in temp seating in place to get capacity to 8k by 12/5, or they would have been removed from seeding consideration, which would then likely have gone to UTC or the Citadel, both beautiful 21k facilities.

I know in the CAA by next year only 1 falls under Albany''s 8k is URI at 5200 permanent (and we all might die before they ever we a seed lol). UNH's new stadium will open next season. Their current one lists only a 6500 capacity. But they had temp endzone in both endzones that I believe brought it to around 10-12k, which is what their new stadium will hold.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

We could sell CSU our east side. That's 10,000 seats if they can get a moving truck up here stat.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

CID1990 wrote:
bucs90 wrote:

Kennesaw State is going FBS.

Campbell will migrate the second they get the chance because (see above) they aren't going to want to recruit against Big South schools. Jacksonville would be in the same boat.

VMI learned that lesson the hard way. It is what it is - conferences have identities and the idea is to play with other schools that are like-minded in terms of athletics and academics. The BSC has an identity too - but for schools like KSU, JU and Campbell it will be a waypoint to something else. The BSC would be better served trying to coax Valdosta State and North Greenville into FCS.
Haven't heard that about Kennesaw but may be true, not sure. I think Valdosta and NGU would be good additions. Haven't heard them mentioned but who knows.

You're right about a conference having an identity. The Big South isn't a conference of big public schools like the Big Sky or Colonial. It's not the Pioneer League either. It's an odd mix somewhere in between. The SoCon obviously has its own historical identity.

A lot of people don't realize CSU is the founding institution of the Big South. Former AD Howard Bagwell founded the conference. Kinda ironic the founding member has the worst facilities in it. But I know CSU will do whatever is necessary to keep the BSC afloat. Losing Coastal hurts. Losing Liberty would too. But...the SoCon lost Marshall, App, GSU and is doing fine, so we'll see. I think the BSC will be fine in the long run.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2 ... su-ad-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

93henfan wrote:What you need to do, when you are always selling out, is find a way to drive off the fanbase. Suggestions:

1. Institute mandatory seat donations, with the highest going to your longest-attending, most loyal fans.
2. Don't touch the stadium for 40 years.
3. Go 20 years with a scoreboard that looks like a light brite.
4. Leave your high school size press box in place for 50 years so that ESPN crews can remark what a shithole it is.
5. Put out drawings of your expansion to a 35k seat horseshoe stadium with a completely revamped athletic campus... ...and then put in handrails and stadium posters instead and give yourself a pat on the back.
6. Hire a security team to come in and eject fans who make loud noise and also have them beat up old people for good measure.
7. Build a new student recreation center, expand the basketball arena, build a new soccer stadium, renovate the baseball stadium, and keep doing nothing with that football stadium.
8. Bring in a no-talent ass clown for an AD.
9. Let said AD buyout coach who won national championship and had three championship appearances and 11-3 record in playoffs.
10. Let said AD hire his buddy, with a resume of nonperformance, to be head coach.
11. Watch said head coach make the team progressively worse each new year.

Yep, that'll get your attendance cut in half quickly.
Ouch. Things sound rough up in Delaware man. Sorry.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Please post the article. I'm not paying to read from that Communist rag.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

It's truly mind boggling. Up the road the damn Ladson Fair Grounds has thousands of unused metal bleachers sitting there. He had 4 weeks to arrange something. Last year when Citadel came he added that extra set of green bleachers which held an extra 1000 I think. That was a regular season game without nearly as much hype.

I get using a HS field is a bit embarrassing.

We should've rented out Blackbaud Stadium, pro soccer field. https://www.google.com/search?q=blackba ... 8Q_AUICSgD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
. Put up temp FG posts. Brought in food vendors around the Lowcountry. Make it like the UGA VS UF game in Jacksonville...a huge outdoor party. Beautiful pro sports stadium. Central location. Ample parking and facilities. Would've been an incredible environment.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:We could sell CSU our east side. That's 10,000 seats if they can get a moving truck up here stat.
Your best buddy Cluck already made that offer.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:

:? The article for me was free- just popped right up...

"Citadel at Charleston Southern: ‘No one will be turned away,’ CSU AD says
Some local fans are calling Saturday’s second-round FCS playoff game between Charleston Southern and The Citadel the biggest college football game to be played in the Lowcountry.

Saturday’s meeting will be the 10th overall in the series. Charleston Southern has won the last three contests, including a 33-20 win earlier this season.

Thousands of fans will want to see the history-making affair between the two programs, which are quickly developing quite a rivalry. Most of the early talk surrounding the game, however, does not center on the matchup but more so on how CSU will handle what should be the biggest crowd in school history.

For the record, the largest crowd to witness a CSU home football game came last September when The Citadel made its first-ever trek down I-26 to 4,000-seat Buccaneer Field. The listed attendance for that game was 7,934. That included about 3,000 fans who were left to stand or sit in lawn chairs around the end zone or along the fences in the corners.

Early projections are that Saturday’s game, which has much bigger implications and interest, will exceed that record crowd. CSU athletic director Hank Small realizes the logistics involved but feels comfortable in saying his stadium can handle the crowd.

“I’m not concerned because of the quality of people involved in the two institutions,” Small said on Monday. “I have been at CSU for 14 years and I know the quality of our people and I know the quality of those fans and alumni of The Citadel. I don’t anticipate any major issues.

“Sure, it’s going to be a lot of people. We understand the numbers involved. We will have the full complement of security and safety personnel available and we are doing everything we can to make this hosting of a national playoff game go as smoothly as possible. There will be a lot of people standing. But we are doing all we can to accommodate anyone who wants to see this historic game. No one will be turned away.”

Small said the NCAA mandates that CSU provide 500 tickets to The Citadel. He, however, allotted 885 tickets to the school on Monday. That is the total number of original seats provided on the visitor’s side of CSU stadium — sections D, E and F.

“They requested as many tickets as they could get and we gave them all that we had for those three sections on their side of the field,” Small said. “We then started selling standing room only (SRO) tickets to any other fans who wanted to have a ticket to get in to see the game. My advice would be to arrive early, whether you have your ticket already or if you ordered online and have to pick them up at will call.”

A CSU spokesman said Monday there are about 2,000 seats on the visitors’ side, and that an “unlimited” number of SRO tickets will be sold. Citadel fans who went on-line at 10 a.m. Monday when tickets went on sale found only SRO tickets available.

Small also said a new restroom and concession facility on the visitor’s side of the field, under construction since August, is now complete and available for fans. When The Citadel played at CSU last season, there were limited portable restroom facilities provided with a small concession wagon.

Charleston Southern, 9-2 and the Big South champion, was awarded a top eight national seed, which gave it a first-round bye last week. The school had to place a minimum bid of $40,000 in order to host a second-round game. Had CSU chosen not to bid, the game might have been played at The Citadel’s 21,000-seat Johnson Hagood Stadium.

“This is our first playoff berth and certainly once we were selected as a national seed, it was our intention to host a game here at CSU,” Small said.

The FCS playoff committee brackets the 24-team field by region as much as possible, to cut down on travel expenses and time. That’s why Coastal Carolina, The Citadel and Charleston Southern were grouped together.

An NCAA spokesman said Monday there is no minimum size requirement for stadiums to host a playoff game. Attendance in first-round games last week ranged from 14,575 fans at Montana to 997 at Dayton. A total of 6,751 attended The Citadel’s 41-38 win at Coastal Carolina on Saturday."
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

Ibanez wrote:

Hey scam the Post&Commie like I do. When you click on a story....as soon as it loads keep your finger pressure on the screen as if you are saving a picture. As you scroll use both fingers to keep constant finger pressure on the screen. It's a glitch....their "pay for this shit" box never loads and you get to read all the articles that way for free. I hate that rag of a paper but their sports page is ok so that's a cell phone trick that works. At least on Samsung phones it does.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

bucs90 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Hey scam the Post&Commie like I do. When you click on a story....as soon as it loads keep your finger pressure on the screen as if you are saving a picture. As you scroll use both fingers to keep constant finger pressure on the screen. It's a glitch....their "pay for this shit" box never loads and you get to read all the articles that way for free. I hate that rag of a paper but their sports page is ok so that's a cell phone trick that works. At least on Samsung phones it does.
I'm at a computer...so.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

:? The article for me was free- just popped right up...

"Citadel at Charleston Southern: ‘No one will be turned away,’ CSU AD says
Some local fans are calling Saturday’s second-round FCS playoff game between Charleston Southern and The Citadel the biggest college football game to be played in the Lowcountry.

Saturday’s meeting will be the 10th overall in the series. Charleston Southern has won the last three contests, including a 33-20 win earlier this season.

Thousands of fans will want to see the history-making affair between the two programs, which are quickly developing quite a rivalry. Most of the early talk surrounding the game, however, does not center on the matchup but more so on how CSU will handle what should be the biggest crowd in school history.

For the record, the largest crowd to witness a CSU home football game came last September when The Citadel made its first-ever trek down I-26 to 4,000-seat Buccaneer Field. The listed attendance for that game was 7,934. That included about 3,000 fans who were left to stand or sit in lawn chairs around the end zone or along the fences in the corners.

Early projections are that Saturday’s game, which has much bigger implications and interest, will exceed that record crowd. CSU athletic director Hank Small realizes the logistics involved but feels comfortable in saying his stadium can handle the crowd.

“I’m not concerned because of the quality of people involved in the two institutions,” Small said on Monday. “I have been at CSU for 14 years and I know the quality of our people and I know the quality of those fans and alumni of The Citadel. I don’t anticipate any major issues.

“Sure, it’s going to be a lot of people. We understand the numbers involved. We will have the full complement of security and safety personnel available and we are doing everything we can to make this hosting of a national playoff game go as smoothly as possible. There will be a lot of people standing. But we are doing all we can to accommodate anyone who wants to see this historic game. No one will be turned away.”

Small said the NCAA mandates that CSU provide 500 tickets to The Citadel. He, however, allotted 885 tickets to the school on Monday. That is the total number of original seats provided on the visitor’s side of CSU stadium — sections D, E and F.

“They requested as many tickets as they could get and we gave them all that we had for those three sections on their side of the field,” Small said. “We then started selling standing room only (SRO) tickets to any other fans who wanted to have a ticket to get in to see the game. My advice would be to arrive early, whether you have your ticket already or if you ordered online and have to pick them up at will call.”

A CSU spokesman said Monday there are about 2,000 seats on the visitors’ side, and that an “unlimited” number of SRO tickets will be sold. Citadel fans who went on-line at 10 a.m. Monday when tickets went on sale found only SRO tickets available.

Small also said a new restroom and concession facility on the visitor’s side of the field, under construction since August, is now complete and available for fans. When The Citadel played at CSU last season, there were limited portable restroom facilities provided with a small concession wagon.

Charleston Southern, 9-2 and the Big South champion, was awarded a top eight national seed, which gave it a first-round bye last week. The school had to place a minimum bid of $40,000 in order to host a second-round game. Had CSU chosen not to bid, the game might have been played at The Citadel’s 21,000-seat Johnson Hagood Stadium.

“This is our first playoff berth and certainly once we were selected as a national seed, it was our intention to host a game here at CSU,” Small said.

The FCS playoff committee brackets the 24-team field by region as much as possible, to cut down on travel expenses and time. That’s why Coastal Carolina, The Citadel and Charleston Southern were grouped together.

An NCAA spokesman said Monday there is no minimum size requirement for stadiums to host a playoff game. Attendance in first-round games last week ranged from 14,575 fans at Montana to 997 at Dayton. A total of 6,751 attended The Citadel’s 41-38 win at Coastal Carolina on Saturday."
:lol: I always get the "Pay for this unedited, poorly written, biased News Article" dialog box.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

Ibanez wrote:
bucs90 wrote:
Hey scam the Post&Commie like I do. When you click on a story....as soon as it loads keep your finger pressure on the screen as if you are saving a picture. As you scroll use both fingers to keep constant finger pressure on the screen. It's a glitch....their "pay for this ****" box never loads and you get to read all the articles that way for free. I hate that rag of a paper but their sports page is ok so that's a cell phone trick that works. At least on Samsung phones it does.
I'm at a computer...so.
Just rode by the stadium to pick up tickets. Yeah...they built new restrooms and concessions on visitor side. It's next to the locker rooms. Hard to see from road due to bleachers. It's ok. Modest and small but it's brick and mortar and looks ok. Better than Porta potties. Still inadequate.
BigSouthJunkie

Post by BigSouthJunkie »

Blackbaud Stadium seats little over 5k. No stadium in Charleston would be worth canceling out CSU's right to a home game off of their successful season but Johnson Hagood, which would be an outrage and a complete disservice to those kids down there at CSU that earned the right to be in their stadium, in their locker room, on their turf, around their people. Those players have no control over how much their stadium seats, or the money their school has. Don't try take an earned home field advantage from some 18-22 year olds that worked their butt off for their opportunity because it causes you, a small discomfort to stand and watch a football game.

Honestly from reading on here and AGS, Citadel folks sound extra whiny right now and it looks bad. This is coming from a FOOTBALL fan and not a fan of either team.

Who cares if the stadium had no seats, let the kids play a friggin' football game for Pete's sake. Watch it on TV if its such an issue.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

BigSouthJunkie wrote:Blackbaud Stadium seats little over 5k. No stadium in Charleston would be worth canceling out CSU's right to a home game off of their successful season but Johnson Hagood, which would be an outrage and a complete disservice to those kids down there at CSU that earned the right to be in their stadium, in their locker room, on their turf, around their people. Those players have no control over how much their stadium seats, or the money their school has. Don't try take an earned home field advantage from some 18-22 year olds that worked their butt off for their opportunity because it causes you, a small discomfort to stand and watch a football game.

Honestly from reading on here and AGS, Citadel folks sound extra whiny right now and it looks bad. This is coming from a FOOTBALL fan and not a fan of either team.

Who cares if the stadium had no seats, let the kids play a friggin' football game for Pete's sake. Watch it on TV if its such an issue.
I am an alumni and former player at CSU. I 100% agree the CSU player and coaches earned and deserve this home game. Moving it would be an embarrassment. I kinda think the Blackbaud idea should be for a regular season annual rivalry game similar to the UGA vs UF in Jax game. But that's off topic for now.

Citadel fans are not whining. Everyone knows how I feel about this rivalry. But...I'm also honest and fair. CSU deserves this home game. But what is it? It's a 2nd round National FCS Division 1 Football Playoff game. Citadel fans also DESERVE a frigging seat to sit on. CSUs players and coaches have no control over it.....and that's where I'm ashamed of my alma mater handling of this.

Bring in 4000 extra bleachers for God's sake.

It's not like Grambling vs Southern or Montana vs NDSU where 35000 are expected. The Citadel vs CSU could probably bring about 8 or 9 thousand total for a game at CSU. That shouldn't result in standing room only.

And it's NOT an old problem at CSU. 1998 SC State @ CSU drew 7000. Wofford in 2000 flooded it. Coastal does it every time they came. It's been a problem since that 1998 SC State game....and...notice SC State, a natural rival, stopped playing us?

Citadel fans aren't whining. They're stating the obvious....like many CSU fans are. That a Division 1 playoff game should be able to SEAT 8000 people.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BigSouthJunkie wrote:Blackbaud Stadium seats little over 5k. No stadium in Charleston would be worth canceling out CSU's right to a home game off of their successful season but Johnson Hagood, which would be an outrage and a complete disservice to those kids down there at CSU that earned the right to be in their stadium, in their locker room, on their turf, around their people. Those players have no control over how much their stadium seats, or the money their school has. Don't try take an earned home field advantage from some 18-22 year olds that worked their butt off for their opportunity because it causes you, a small discomfort to stand and watch a football game.

What El Cid fans are complaining about is the fact that those 850 tickets so generously reserved were all SRO. And the school president saying nobody will be turned away is a crock. Only 1000 of the people buying SRO tickets will be able to see the game, and that's from the corners, across a track. 2/3rds of the people attending the game had better bring their smartphones so they can stream ESPN3 because thats the only way they will see a single play.

CSU has had a good 5 weeks to anticipate this- they could have had temp bleachers put in in

Nobody is begrudging their right to have a home game. But if the prez had had any foresight they would have at least 2000 more seats this weekend.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:

What El Cid fans are complaining about is the fact that those 850 tickets so generously reserved were all SRO. And the school president saying nobody will be turned away is a crock. Only 1000 of the people buying SRO tickets will be able to see the game, and that's from the corners, across a track. 2/3rds of the people attending the game had better bring their smartphones so they can stream ESPN3 because thats the only way they will see a single play.

CSU has had a good 5 weeks to anticipate this- they could have had temp bleachers put in in

Nobody is begrudging their right to have a home game. But if the prez had had any foresight they would have at least 2000 more seats this weekend.
This. It's poor planning.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

CID1990 wrote:

You are 100% right. I hope we kick yalls butt on the field...as I'm sure you do towards our team. But how Citadel fans have been treated, or hosted, it's straight bush league. It's completely out of the control of Chadwell or his team. But it's wrong.

As an alumni and former player I'm as proud as ever of our football team....and as embarrassed as ever of the administration at CSU. Our teams 20 year fight and climb to respectability is peaking with this massive FCS spotlight on our team....and the shitty stadium is dominating the converstaion. It's a blown opportunity if you ask me.

And ANY visiting teams fans deserve decent accomodations. Even you filthy mutts :) . And I can't say anything other than I'm sorry my favorite team's host university is being so JUCO about this game.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

bucs90 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

You are 100% right. I hope we kick yalls butt on the field...as I'm sure you do towards our team. But how Citadel fans have been treated, or hosted, it's straight bush league. It's completely out of the control of Chadwell or his team. But it's wrong.

As an alumni and former player I'm as proud as ever of our football team....and as embarrassed as ever of the administration at CSU. Our teams 20 year fight and climb to respectability is peaking with this massive FCS spotlight on our team....and the shitty stadium is dominating the converstaion. It's a blown opportunity if you ask me.

And ANY visiting teams fans deserve decent accomodations. Even you filthy mutts :) . And I can't say anything other than I'm sorry my favorite team's host university is being so JUCO about this game.
Are you remorseful enough to post the online promo code that CSU is using to ensure that there are no El Cid fans in the actual seats?

Word is that there are still unsold seats in the stands- the ones that were opened up for donor purchases.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

CID1990 wrote:
bucs90 wrote:

Are you remorseful enough to post the online promo code that CSU is using to ensure that there are no El Cid fans in the actual seats?

Word is that there are still unsold seats in the stands- the ones that were opened up for donor purchases.
Wish I knew it man, I'm not in the Buc Club. I heard they have a few dozen for former players if they drop by the AD office but haven't had a chance to drive out there. Odds are I'll be standing in the mud and grass too. It's bullshit. Trust me...lots of alumni and former players have expressed this to the admin. Our proudest moment as a football program is being tarnished by this COMPLETELY avoidable and easily fixable situation. It's the freaking Final 16 in the nation. Should be able to handle a crowd that our upstate high school teams draw weekly. Byrnes vs Dorman will out draw CSU vs Citadel and they won't have any seating issues.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

bucs90 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Wish I knew it man, I'm not in the Buc Club. I heard they have a few dozen for former players if they drop by the AD office but haven't had a chance to drive out there. Odds are I'll be standing in the mud and grass too. It's bullshit. Trust me...lots of alumni and former players have expressed this to the admin. Our proudest moment as a football program is being tarnished by this COMPLETELY avoidable and easily fixable situation. It's the freaking Final 16 in the nation. Should be able to handle a crowd that our upstate high school teams draw weekly. Byrnes vs Dorman will out draw CSU vs Citadel and they won't have any seating issues.
Actually I was being tongue in cheek. I know that the actual physical seats in the stands are being held for the Buc club people. The rumor is that not all of those seats have been sold, so it will be interesting to see how CSU opens them up for sale-

a guy who went to the campus to buy tickets said that he was told by the lady selling them (when she asked who they were pulling for) that they didn't want El Cid fans sitting among the CSU fans.

In reality it wouldn't surprise me if more El Cid fans buy tix than CSU fans, but only so many people can stand around that field and actually see the game. Once people are about three deep they will start standing on charis, and then nobody behind them will see.