Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Re: Predict the Champions

Post by LDopaPDX »

EWURanger wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
Probably????
I definitely wouldn't say it's a "done deal". Adams has the same number of TD's (2 more passing for Garoppolo vs. 2 more rushing for Adams). Adams has a better passing efficiency rating, better completion percentage, and more rushing yards. Adams sure looks like the better all-around QB to me. :coffee:

1. QB Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois, Sr.
320-492, 4489 yards, 48 TDs, 8 INT, 65.0%, 170.6 pass eff., 374.1 yds/gm, 54 carries, 46 yards, 0.9ypc, 2 TDs in 12 games.

2. QB Vernon Adams, Eastern Washington, Soph.
261-393, 4059 yards, 46 TDs, 12 INT, 66.4%, 185.7 pass eff., 338.2 yds/gm, 105 carries, 491 yards, 4.7ypc, 4 TDs in 12 games.
I'd argue in favor of Garoppolo. Vernon Adams has a lot more to work with. Garoppolo is far more integral in the success of his team. If VA went down, I'd still suspect Eastern would have been a playoff team. Had Garoppolo gone down, Eastern Illinois might still have a winning record... but only because they play in such a shitty conference.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

LDopaPDX wrote:
EWURanger wrote:
I definitely wouldn't say it's a "done deal". Adams has the same number of TD's (2 more passing for Garoppolo vs. 2 more rushing for Adams). Adams has a better passing efficiency rating, better completion percentage, and more rushing yards. Adams sure looks like the better all-around QB to me. :coffee:

320-492, 4489 yards, 48 TDs, 8 INT, 65.0%, 170.6 pass eff., 374.1 yds/gm, 54 carries, 46 yards, 0.9ypc, 2 TDs in 12 games.

261-393, 4059 yards, 46 TDs, 12 INT, 66.4%, 185.7 pass eff., 338.2 yds/gm, 105 carries, 491 yards, 4.7ypc, 4 TDs in 12 games.
I'd argue in favor of Garoppolo. Vernon Adams has a lot more to work with. Garoppolo is far more integral in the success of his team. If VA went down, I'd still suspect Eastern would have been a playoff team. Had Garoppolo gone down, Eastern Illinois might still have a winning record... but only because they play in such a shitty conference.
Glad others feel like I do. :thumb: That Garoppolo lad will get to strut his stuff in the playoffs and will either be the real deal (hopefully) or will fall flat on his face.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Vernon Adams should win the trophy.

!. Vernon Adams EWU

2. Jimmy Garroppolo EIU

bank it. :coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

BlackFalkin wrote:Vernon Adams should win the trophy.

!. Vernon Adams EWU

2. Jimmy Garroppolo EIU

"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
jcfrancis
I am a fan of: EIU and Murray

Post by jcfrancis »

BlackFalkin wrote:Vernon Adams should win the trophy.

!. Vernon Adams EWU

2. Jimmy Garroppolo EIU

Garroppolo was the focal point of the team for the first several games until Shepherd Little became a threat to run. The last 4 or 5 games showed a more balanced attack for the Panthers. Part of that was the windy conditions at several of the games. Either candidate has a great shot, but I think Jimmy being a senior will help. Remember his team was 2-9 for two years before they won two straight OVC titles. Vernon has more time to shine on a team that was already successful.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

The only team the I feel can beat EWU besides NDSU is SELU. So it's a battle of the winners of the last 3 NC's for this years title. Going Central Coast Bias and picking NDSU.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:The only team the I feel can beat EWU besides NDSU is SELU. So it's a battle of the winners of the last 3 NC's for this years title. Going Central Coast Bias and picking NDSU.
This. :nod: It would be a terrific title game with a shit ton of story lines.

But I also think McNeese has the talent to get it done if they can keep Hyde in check.
BrokenEagle07
I am a fan of: Tennessee Tech

Post by BrokenEagle07 »

Well I know one thing about EIU's QB. . . when they played Tech this season and I watched. . . He has about a decade back there in the pocket, his OL has given him the chance to be what he is. . . (being a former OL, I'm sort of partial to them) . . . I know when I was playing/GA'ing at TTU, their OL was garbage, Im getting Dino brought in some Baylor guys or JUCOs and beefed them up. . . Ole Jimmy had enough time back there to go through his progressions progression :clap:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

LDopaPDX wrote:
EWURanger wrote:

A big difference between the two that could give VA the nod is yards per play... VA's is a yard more per play, which is huge considering the number of plays a team runs during a season.
grizinidaho
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: dupuyer griz

Post by grizinidaho »

when does voting wrap up, I remember them giving the trophy to Edwards in Chattanooga when I was there but is it after the season or after a couple playoff games
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

The winner of Maine/UNH/SELA.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

mainejeff wrote:The winner of Maine/UNH/SELA.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the chuckle.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:The winner of Maine/UNH/SELA.

Lot of people are picking SELU
mtgrizfankb
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: MONTANA

Post by mtgrizfankb »

Ndsu most likely walks through the playoffs Sela might challenge but idk. Ewu won't play well enough for three weeks to get to Frisco. I see them losing in the quarters or semi. Nauwill be lucky to escape the first round. Suu ...ha well suu gets an early exit. Um get beat by ndsu I think.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

mtgrizfankb wrote:Ndsu most likely walks through the playoffs Sela might challenge but idk. Ewu won't play well enough for three weeks to get to Frisco. I see them losing in the quarters or semi. Nauwill be lucky to escape the first round. Suu ...ha well suu gets an early exit. Um get beat by ndsu I think.
NDSU/UM winner takes it all. :nod:
craneac27
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: LSU & McNeese St
A.K.A.: Maurice Cheeks

Post by craneac27 »

God bless... If Alabama & Southeastern LA win the national championships I'm on suicide watch boys... There may not be a WORSER (is that a word?) case scenario for me than those 2 winning it all
Herd

Post by Herd »

The Bison are going to walk thru this years playoff with NO real challenges this year.
Last year thru all 4 games they allowed an average of ..what was it....like 11 points !
They are a better team this year and unlike last year have a real dual threat on offense.
Make my words.....they will win all 4 games by at least 2 TDs per game. They are playing at a very different lvl than the rest of the FCS this year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Herd wrote:The Bison are going to walk thru this years playoff with NO real challenges this year.
Last year thru all 4 games they allowed an average of ..what was it....like 11 points !
They are a better team this year and unlike last year have a real dual threat on offense.
Make my words.....they will win all 4 games by at least 2 TDs per game. They are playing at a very different lvl than the rest of the FCS this year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

"Make your words" ? Got it. Sit down and stfu. :coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS