Delaware fires O-Coordinator

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Delaware fires O-Coordinator

Post by bluehenbillk »

It's being reported/speculated today that Jim Hofher will not be back next season as UD's OC.

Now Keeler needs to make sure he goes outside the current staff to replace him.

kevintresolini ‏@kevintresolini
Heard Jim Hofher out as #BlueHens offensive coordinator. KCKeeler said not so last nite. Reached on phone, Hofher referred to Keeler. #CAAFB
Make Delaware Football Great Again
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Delaware fires O-Coordinator

Post by dal4018 »

bluehenbillk wrote:It's being reported/speculated today that Jim Hofher will not be back next season as UD's OC.

Heard Jim Hofher out as #BlueHens offensive coordinator. KCKeeler said not so last nite. Reached on phone, Hofher referred to Keeler. #CAAFB
Who would you replace this guy with????
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

dal4018 wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:It's being reported/speculated today that Jim Hofher will not be back next season as UD's OC.

Who would you replace this guy with????
I think any Blue Hen fan on this site would agree with me in saying you replace him with NOBODY on UD's current staff. That's been done before & was a disaster. Not only does UD need to go outside (keep in mind Hofher was an outside hire), they need to give the keys to the new hire & let him implement a new system. Look at UD's run game this year - 3.5 yds per carry, only URI was worse in CAA play. That's inexcusable & set up because of our offensive schemes or lack thereof.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Rank (out of 10)

Good
Fumbles Recovered - 1
Fumbles Lost - 1 (t)
Kickoff Returns - 2
Rushing Defense - 2
Tackle for Loss - 2

Bad
Pass Offense - 6
Scoring Defense - 6
Total Defense - 6
Sacks - 6
Turnover Margin - 7 (zero margin keeps this from being ugly)

Ugly
Passes Intercepted - 7
Scoring Offense - 7
Passing Efficiency - 8
Total Offense - 9
Rushing Offense - 9
Punt Returns - 9
Pass Defense - 9
Net Punting - 10

Odd that they have no statistical rankings that puts them 3-5 in the CAA. :|
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

bluehenbillk wrote:Not only does UD need to go outside (keep in mind Hofher was an outside hire), they need to give the keys to the new hire & let him implement a new system.
:thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

We have one of your own on our staff. Keita Malloy. He was on the offensive side of the ball and switched to the defensive side this year. But he did not play for Keeler though.
State Line Liquors
Level2
Level2

Post by State Line Liquors »

Keeler's press conference today features some real pearls of wisdom.

One tweet featured a quote from Keeler stating that his biggest concern going into the offseason was player complacency since we return so many starters. I would love to know how you can go from being a 5-6 team with one of the worst records in program history, to having a major concern that your squad is fat, happy and complacent.

Coach, do you think you might have a communication dilemma with your team if they're having trouble finding motivation for next season after serving as a conference glory hole for the last 7 weeks of the season?
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

State Line Liquors wrote:Keeler's press conference today features some real pearls of wisdom.

One tweet featured a quote from Keeler stating that his biggest concern going into the offseason was player complacency since we return so many starters. I would love to know how you can go from being a 5-6 team with one of the worst records in program history, to having a major concern that your squad is fat, happy and complacent.
I take that as an indication that Keeler feels he has lost this team and is uncertain of his ability to reconnect and motivate.
State Line Liquors
Level2
Level2

SunCoastBlueHen wrote:
State Line Liquors wrote:Keeler's press conference today features some real pearls of wisdom.

I take that as an indication that Keeler feels he has lost this team and is uncertain of his ability to reconnect and motivate.
Whatever the coach 'feels', the implication that a team as bad as we were is feeling complacent going into next year says a lot about where we are as a program.

Unfortunately, I think it's time for everyone to go. It's not working, and Keeler obviously doesn't have any answers.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

State Line Liquors wrote: Coach, do you think you might have a communication dilemma with your team if they're having trouble finding motivation for next season after serving as a conference glory hole for the last 7 weeks of the season?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

State Line Liquors wrote: Unfortunately, I think it's time for everyone to go. It's not working, and Keeler obviously doesn't have any answers.
:nod:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
State Line Liquors wrote: Coach, do you think you might have a communication dilemma with your team if they're having trouble finding motivation for next season after serving as a conference glory hole for the last 7 weeks of the season?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
x 6.93! :mrgreen:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Blue Hen Fanatic
I am a fan of: University of Delaware
A.K.A.: UD Blue Hens

Post by Blue Hen Fanatic »

It was less than two years ago the Hens were in the Championship game. Last year they were one win away from being in the playoffs. This year they had the most injuries in recent memory. Stop the 'Sky is Falling' Whining. The Program is not dying :roll:
On December 12, 1775 the Continental Congress created a Battalion of minuteman from the three counties in Delaware. Kent county militia were fans and owners of Game Cocks; Fight'n Blue Hens as they were called. The Fight'n Blue Hens became known far and wide as the very best Fighting Game Cocks around. Thus, the Blue Hen was established.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Blue Hen Fanatic wrote:It was less than two years ago the Hens were in the Championship game. Last year they were one win away from being in the playoffs. This year they had the most injuries in recent memory. Stop the 'Sky is Falling' Whining. The Program is not dying :roll:
No playoffs in six of the last eight seasons.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I wouldn't be surprised if JMU fired their OC.

-About 2/3 of the JMU board wants MM to be go.
-Almost everyone wants the OC to go.
-Bitching about not making the playoffs 3 of 4 seasons.
-Bitching about attendance declining this yr from last when opened the new stadium, and saying it will decline more next yr.
-A lot of people saying they are fed up and won't renew season tics/give any more $$.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if JMU fired their OC.

-Bitching about attendance declining this yr from last when opened the new stadium, and saying it will decline more next yr.
-A lot of people saying they are fed up and won't renew season tics/give any more $$.
Sounds familiar. At least you guys sunk some money into football facilities.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if JMU fired their OC.

Just be grateful that your guys' woes aren't making national headlines. :ohno: :ohno:
State Line Liquors
Level2
Level2

Blue Hen Fanatic wrote:It was less than two years ago the Hens were in the Championship game. Last year they were one win away from being in the playoffs. This year they had the most injuries in recent memory. Stop the 'Sky is Falling' Whining. The Program is not dying :roll:
You're entitled to your opinion.

5-6 (2-6) is a disgrace. The coach is completely overpaid and his staff is bad. That's my opinion.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Sac State could use a new special teams/wide receivers coach. Any ideas?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SDHornet wrote:Sac State could use a new special teams/wide receivers coach. Any ideas?
Terrell Owens is unemployed right now. :twocents:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Meh. This happens to everyone. Can't be good every year.
We have won 37 games (and counting) in 4 years. I am preparing myself to accept the fact that we will never see that many wins in a 4 year period ever again.

Coaches don't forget how to coach. Maybe their style becomes less sexy because there is a fad that is having some success. But they don't forget how to coach. What you have to figure out is whether Keeler knew how to coach in the first place, or did the talent carry the team to victory? Can Keeler recruit or did he simply get lucky or gifted from the previous coach?

Similar situation with the Eagles. Andy Reid knows how to coach. He just has a mess of a mix of players right now.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

93henfan wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Sac State could use a new special teams/wide receivers coach. Any ideas?
Terrell Owens is unemployed right now. :twocents:
I'd take him over what we have.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

bluehenbillk wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Who would you replace this guy with????
I think any Blue Hen fan on this site would agree with me in saying you replace him with NOBODY on UD's current staff. That's been done before & was a disaster. Not only does UD need to go outside (keep in mind Hofher was an outside hire), they need to give the keys to the new hire & let him implement a new system. Look at UD's run game this year - 3.5 yds per carry, only URI was worse in CAA play. That's inexcusable & set up because of our offensive schemes or lack thereof.
If Hofher was a outside hire why would you do the exact same thing if he isn't working out?????
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Grizalltheway wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Just be grateful that your guys' woes aren't making national headlines. :ohno: :ohno:
You must be Jets fan lol????
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

CAA Flagship wrote:Meh. This happens to everyone. Can't be good every year.
We have won 37 games (and counting) in 4 years. I am preparing myself to accept the fact that we will never see that many wins in a 4 year period ever again.

Coaches don't forget how to coach. Maybe their style becomes less sexy because there is a fad that is having some success. But they don't forget how to coach. What you have to figure out is whether Keeler knew how to coach in the first place, or did the talent carry the team to victory? Can Keeler recruit or did he simply get lucky or gifted from the previous coach?

Similar situation with the Eagles. Andy Reid knows how to coach. He just has a mess of a mix of players right now.
I'm beginning to think that the bulk of the Eagles success was due to Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson and not Andy Reid. The Eagles have been a mess since Johnson passed away.

Meanwhile, Reid still can't manage the clock, or run the football (unless they are trailing by 25 with 3 minutes left).