MVFC Week 11 Thread

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: MVFC Week 11 Thread

Post by clenz »

It gets interesting if ISUb beats YSU....and everything else goes chalk, then we'd see

NDSU 7-1 (10-1)
SDSU 6-2 (8-3)
ISUb 6-2 (8-3)
ISUr 5-3 (8-3)

SDSU beat ISUb so they have that tie break...ISUb also lost to ISUr so we could see ISUr in over ISUb

We could see 4 if that happens, but I'd doubt it.
skinny_uncle
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: SIU

Post by skinny_uncle »

clenz wrote:
guinzone wrote:Clenz... I will listen to the experts over your biased anti-YSU opinion any day...

Stranger things have happened.
YSU isn't getting...that isn't bias that is fact right now.

That would mean 4 or 5 teams are getting in....with YSU being behind all of them in the standings.... including behind a team that won't be eligible for the playoffs due to tie breakers.

If "chalk" wins out this week, minus the YSU game that puts the standings at

NDSU 7-1 (10-1)
SDSU 6-2 (8-3)
ISUr 5-3 (8-3)
ISUb 5-3 (7-4)
SIU 5-3 (6-5)
YSU 4-4 (7-4)

Say what you want about me being "biased"...even though you are clearly more biased than I am in this whole thing (and in general when it comes to FCS football)....They aren't going to take a 7-4 team that finished 6th in their conference. ESPECIALLY now that Stony Brook and Lehigh lost their AQ spots in their conferences and are likely still to get ALs at 8-3 and 10-1 respectively.
Finishing sixth in the league is probably the killer. Honestly, the Patriot doesn't deserve more than one bid. It is a weak conference with the autobid going to a team that lost to the worst team in the Valley. I'm not sure how the committee will look at that. The best teams don't always get in. Middle of the pack Valley teams could probably beat several teams who will make the playoffs.
"You know you are getting old when time flies whether you are having fun or not."

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

skinny_uncle wrote:
clenz wrote: YSU isn't getting...that isn't bias that is fact right now.

That would mean 4 or 5 teams are getting in....with YSU being behind all of them in the standings.... including behind a team that won't be eligible for the playoffs due to tie breakers.

If "chalk" wins out this week, minus the YSU game that puts the standings at

NDSU 7-1 (10-1)
SDSU 6-2 (8-3)
ISUr 5-3 (8-3)
ISUb 5-3 (7-4)
SIU 5-3 (6-5)
YSU 4-4 (7-4)

Say what you want about me being "biased"...even though you are clearly more biased than I am in this whole thing (and in general when it comes to FCS football)....They aren't going to take a 7-4 team that finished 6th in their conference. ESPECIALLY now that Stony Brook and Lehigh lost their AQ spots in their conferences and are likely still to get ALs at 8-3 and 10-1 respectively.
Finishing sixth in the league is probably the killer. Honestly, the Patriot doesn't deserve more than one bid. It is a weak conference with the autobid going to a team that lost to the worst team in the Valley. I'm not sure how the committee will look at that. The best teams don't always get in. Middle of the pack Valley teams could probably beat several teams who will make the playoffs.
At 10-1 (presumably), ranked in the top 25 (presumably), and wins at the conference champion of the MVFC (even though it was the worst champion in conference history most likely) and CAA champion the last two years they are in....

If they should be or not is up for debate with us, likely not the committee.
skinny_uncle
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: SIU

Post by skinny_uncle »

clenz wrote:It gets interesting if ISUb beats YSU....and everything else goes chalk, then we'd see

NDSU 7-1 (10-1)
SDSU 6-2 (8-3)
ISUb 6-2 (8-3)
ISUr 5-3 (8-3)

SDSU beat ISUb so they have that tie break...ISUb also lost to ISUr so we could see ISUr in over ISUb

Indy State would be looked at as a 7-3 team since they played Quincy this year. That game could come back to haunt them.
"You know you are getting old when time flies whether you are having fun or not."

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

skinny_uncle wrote:
clenz wrote:It gets interesting if ISUb beats YSU....and everything else goes chalk, then we'd see

NDSU 7-1 (10-1)
SDSU 6-2 (8-3)
ISUb 6-2 (8-3)
ISUr 5-3 (8-3)

Indy State would be looked at as a 7-3 team since they played Quincy this year. That game could come back to haunt them.
I forgot about that as well...

ISUb is in real trouble and need a convincing win this week to get in.
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: bisoninnwmn

Post by Bison Fan in NW MN »

skinny_uncle wrote:

NDSU 7-1 (10-1)
SDSU 6-2 (8-3)
ISUb 6-2 (8-3)
ISUr 5-3 (8-3)

What is Quincy....D2?

They should have never scheduled that game.
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: bisoninnwmn

Post by Bison Fan in NW MN »

NDSU 7-1 (10-1)
SDSU 6-2 (8-3)
ISUb 6-2 (8-3)
ISUr 5-3 (8-3)

I agree with you on this.

An 8-3 Indiana State team will probably be left home this year. Never know though.