Delaware, can you please take her back?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Re: Delaware, can you please take her back?

Post by CatMom »

:flash:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CatMom wrote: :flash:
:thumb:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

This post in the comments by Greenland nailed her pretty good in my opinion. The post is actually much longer, but I just quoted the part in which he researched the actual usage of the C word on eGriz.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/griz-s ... f887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greenland - 6 hours ago
It really does appear overall to simply be an effort to "out" the board owner, by publicizing his name and linking him to his employer, creating a link to the University that it was likely very few knew. Florio knew what she was doing here, and it wasn't "news," it was "outing" a source of criticism by attacking the guy who runs the hardware.

I went to the egriz site and did a sample search.

The C word brought up 36 references. I looked at the specific references.

The threads, with numbers of posts of the total (36) generating the search responses:

(15 hits) a thread entitled "Incredible story." That was a link to a May 25, 2012 LA Times article: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 2200.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The story was about a black man who served 10 years in prison for a rape conviction that the "victim" finally admitted she had fabricated, in part to get a $1.2 million settlement from a school district. The outrage on egriz was that the "victim's" primary concern in coming clean was that she might have to give the money back. One poster posted that the alleged victim was the veritable "definition" of the C word. The majority of the repeat searches on the link were simply repeats of the original post, and in which several posters objected to the original use of the term.

(5 hits) "Jealous." The main thread using the word was an extended criticism of the fact that someone had used the term at a basketball game to describe a player's Mom while the player was shooting free throws, the Mom happened to be at the game, and most posters wondered why the ref's didn't impose a penalty for the outrageous conduct. Misogynistic? The thread was a CRITICISM of the fact that the word was used at a game, how inappropriate it was, and whether or not penalties should have been imposed. Four of the references simply were quoting the original post describing the play action and the word used.

(4 hits) "Big Sky announces Future Football Schedules." The four references to the "C" word were in a name-calling of a well-known Bobcat troll. No women involved in thread. Three references were simply in "quoting" the original post.

(3 hits) Rob Ash's MSU Record." -- again, someone used the "C" reference to a male Bobcat fan. Two references were simply in quoting the original post.

(2 hits) "Goodbye Giz/Cat Game?" The search engine picked up the following post: "not sure if exhibition games C-word against the 1 team limit - the Griz normally play 2 NAIA games that count and 2 that are exhibition." The poster had apparently misspelled "count" and the forum software made a deletion and change. Nothing in the thread was about women. The two hits were typos.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

SeattleGriz wrote:This post in the comments by Greenland nailed her pretty good in my opinion. The post is actually much longer, but I just quoted the part in which he researched the actual usage of the C word on eGriz.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/griz-s ... f887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greenland - 6 hours ago
It really does appear overall to simply be an effort to "out" the board owner, by publicizing his name and linking him to his employer, creating a link to the University that it was likely very few knew. Florio knew what she was doing here, and it wasn't "news," it was "outing" a source of criticism by attacking the guy who runs the hardware.

The threads, with numbers of posts of the total (36) generating the search responses:

(15 hits) a thread entitled "Incredible story." That was a link to a May 25, 2012 LA Times article: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 2200.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The story was about a black man who served 10 years in prison for a rape conviction that the "victim" finally admitted she had fabricated, in part to get a $1.2 million settlement from a school district. The outrage on egriz was that the "victim's" primary concern in coming clean was that she might have to give the money back. One poster posted that the alleged victim was the veritable "definition" of the C word. The majority of the repeat searches on the link were simply repeats of the original post, and in which several posters objected to the original use of the term.

(5 hits) "Jealous." The main thread using the word was an extended criticism of the fact that someone had used the term at a basketball game to describe a player's Mom while the player was shooting free throws, the Mom happened to be at the game, and most posters wondered why the ref's didn't impose a penalty for the outrageous conduct. Misogynistic? The thread was a CRITICISM of the fact that the word was used at a game, how inappropriate it was, and whether or not penalties should have been imposed. Four of the references simply were quoting the original post describing the play action and the word used.

(4 hits) "Big Sky announces Future Football Schedules." The four references to the "C" word were in a name-calling of a well-known Bobcat troll. No women involved in thread. Three references were simply in "quoting" the original post.

(3 hits) Rob Ash's MSU Record." -- again, someone used the "C" reference to a male Bobcat fan. Two references were simply in quoting the original post.

(2 hits) "Goodbye Giz/Cat Game?" The search engine picked up the following post: "not sure if exhibition games C-word against the 1 team limit - the Griz normally play 2 NAIA games that count and 2 that are exhibition." The poster had apparently misspelled "count" and the forum software made a deletion and change. Nothing in the thread was about women. The two hits were typos.

What a cvnt. :coffee:
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

:yikes: :wtf:
GrizFan5
Level1
Level1

Post by GrizFan5 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
GrizFan5 wrote:Huh? Playerrep is one of the most knowledgeable and best posters on egriz.
He may be knowledgeable (in a spin-heavy sort of way), but he also picks pointless fights constantly. Most threads are derailed over there because he & Growler can't stop sniping at each other. Those two can't put their personal issues aside (with each other or anyone else) & there's no sign they ever will.
You must not read egriz. Growler snipes at alot of posters, including playerrep. Playerrep doesn't respond much to the snipes. Or, you're confusing him with other posters who come after him.
OptimusPrime
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The Fightin' Bobcats
A.K.A.: educated

Post by OptimusPrime »

GrizFan5 wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
He may be knowledgeable (in a spin-heavy sort of way), but he also picks pointless fights constantly. Most threads are derailed over there because he & Growler can't stop sniping at each other. Those two can't put their personal issues aside (with each other or anyone else) & there's no sign they ever will.
You must not read egriz. Growler snipes at alot of posters, including playerrep. Playerrep doesn't respond much to the snipes. Or, you're confusing him with other posters who come after him.
Either you are PR or you must not read egriz. If someone doesn't agree with his elitist point of views, which is common, they are regarded as "stupid, ignorant, an idiot, or can't read." It's embarrassing to read his posts and know who he is, what his job is, and what he thinks of himself.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

OptimusPrime wrote:
GrizFan5 wrote:
Either you are PR or you must not read egriz. If someone doesn't agree with his elitist point of views, which is common, they are regarded as "stupid, ignorant, an idiot, or can't read." It's embarrassing to read his posts and know who he is, what his job is, and what he thinks of himself.
Don't really keep track of the eGriz mellow drama, is he an attorney or something?
ChickenMan
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by ChickenMan »

93henfan wrote: Montanans: bunch of savages :ohno:
More than plenty of 'savages' right here in little old Delaware.. but hey apparently we are #1... :oops:

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/de/wilmington/crime/

"the closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program"... Ronald Reagan
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

ChickenMan? :shock:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SeattleGriz wrote:This post in the comments by Greenland nailed her pretty good in my opinion. The post is actually much longer, but I just quoted the part in which he researched the actual usage of the C word on eGriz.

Greenland - 6 hours ago

Gy did a great job cunting the times the c-word was used and the cuntext of each
:thumb:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Saw this on Egriz. It is from the article's comment section.
Bass Whacker - 22 minutes ago
Posted last week on Florio article about J. Johnson rumors. Only took Gwen a few days to prove my point.

Bass Whacker - May 30, 2012 7:00 am
It’s no surprise Gwen's writing is agenda driven, rumor-based, dramatic to the extreme, and reckless without regard to truth or who is damaged. What drives Gwen, in her own words, is breaking a story, not getting the facts right or considering the damage a false story might wreak: “What Florio enjoys is breaking news–it surprises her, but she still gets a thrill whenever she is the first reporter on a story.” Kimberly Mollo interview, April 4, 2012 http://kimmollo.wordpress.com/2012/04/1 ... en-florio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Gwen’s history speaks volumes: Reporter Philadelphia Bulletin, folded. Reporter News America, folded. Bailed on Philly to start over in Denver. Reporter Denver Post, left shortly after missing out on being the reporter to break the Colorado University football program sex scandal in 2004. Went to Rocky Mountain News, folded. Bailed on Denver to Great Falls Tribune, barely there and fled to Missoula. Finally making up for missing out on Colorado University football sex scandal by creating (breaking) a football program sex scandal at UM. Gwen certainly hasn’t let’s the facts get in the way of her mission: bring down another football program, maybe get a journalistic award. Perhaps history will continue repeating itself and Gwen will bail on Missoula or the Missoulian will cease, as every paper Gwen touches turns to fold.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UM, MSU, GSU, ASU
A.K.A.: A true ICON/HOF'er

Post by Grizo406 »

grizzaholic wrote:Saw this on Egriz. It is from the article's comment section.
Bass Whacker - 22 minutes ago
Posted last week on Florio article about J. Johnson rumors. Only took Gwen a few days to prove my point.

Bass Whacker - May 30, 2012 7:00 am
It’s no surprise Gwen's writing is agenda driven, rumor-based, dramatic to the extreme, and reckless without regard to truth or who is damaged. What drives Gwen, in her own words, is breaking a story, not getting the facts right or considering the damage a false story might wreak: “What Florio enjoys is breaking news–it surprises her, but she still gets a thrill whenever she is the first reporter on a story.” Kimberly Mollo interview, April 4, 2012 http://kimmollo.wordpress.com/2012/04/1 ... en-florio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Gwen’s history speaks volumes: Reporter Philadelphia Bulletin, folded. Reporter News America, folded. Bailed on Philly to start over in Denver. Reporter Denver Post, left shortly after missing out on being the reporter to break the Colorado University football program sex scandal in 2004. Went to Rocky Mountain News, folded. Bailed on Denver to Great Falls Tribune, barely there and fled to Missoula. Finally making up for missing out on Colorado University football sex scandal by creating (breaking) a football program sex scandal at UM. Gwen certainly hasn’t let’s the facts get in the way of her mission: bring down another football program, maybe get a journalistic award. Perhaps history will continue repeating itself and Gwen will bail on Missoula or the Missoulian will cease, as every paper Gwen touches turns to fold.
I thought Bass Whacker's piece was superb! :nod: :clap: :thumb:

After reading certain parts of her interview, I couldn't help but think of the word "hypocrite"...“I think I have become way more sensitive to the feelings of the people I write about.”.

She musta' forgot that part when she threw Chris under the bus, huh?!!?

"...more sensitive to the feelings of the people I write about.” Indeed...
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Grizo406 wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:Saw this on Egriz. It is from the article's comment section.

After reading certain parts of her interview, I couldn't help but think of the word "hypocrite"...“I think I have become way more sensitive to the feelings of the people I write about.”.

Brint had the best meme yet.

"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UM, MSU, GSU, ASU
A.K.A.: A true ICON/HOF'er

Post by Grizo406 »

grizzaholic wrote:
Grizo406 wrote:

There aren't very many people on the Grizo's "I Feel Sorry For" list, but she's most certainly on it. :coffee:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Grizo406 wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:

There aren't very many people on the Grizo's "I Feel Sorry For" list, but she's most certainly on it. :coffee:
Now Mr. ICON-HOF'er Sir,

This lady made her bed. She now has to deal with the backlash.

Keep on being you,

a lowly pee-on

Justin Halpern
griz37
Level2
Level2
A.K.A.: unwrittengriz

Post by griz37 »

OptimusPrime wrote:
GrizFan5 wrote:

:thumb: I think you summed up that arrogant bastard pretty nicely Optimus.
GrizFan5
Level1
Level1

Post by GrizFan5 »

griz37 wrote:
OptimusPrime wrote: Either you are PR or you must not read egriz. If someone doesn't agree with his elitist point of views, which is common, they are regarded as "stupid, ignorant, an idiot, or can't read." It's embarrassing to read his posts and know who he is, what his job is, and what he thinks of himself.

Says the UM fan with the rape tolerant avatar. How cute.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

GrizFan5 wrote:
griz37 wrote:
Says the UM fan with the rape tolerant avatar. How cute.
:suspicious:

Justin Halpern
OptimusPrime
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The Fightin' Bobcats
A.K.A.: educated

Post by OptimusPrime »

GrizFan5 wrote:Says the UM fan with the rape tolerant avatar. How cute.
First off, what... :dunce:
Secondly, don't ever talk down about JLH, those are national, and I believe natural, treasures. For shame sir(?), for shame.... :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

OptimusPrime wrote:
GrizFan5 wrote:Says the UM fan with the rape tolerant avatar. How cute.
First off, what... :dunce:
Secondly, don't ever talk down about JLH, those are national, and I believe natural, treasures. For shame sir(?), for shame.... :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
:lol:

During August camp, Pflugrad forced his players to watch Ghost Whisperer 24 hours a day. That molded them into Bobcat-smackin', women-rapin' machines of murderousness. It explains everything.
Longhorn
I am a fan of: JMU

Post by Longhorn »

bluehenbillk wrote:It seems like a good article. I wouldn't be surprised to see if the NCAA or local police as part of their investigation follow internet activity of suspects - email, sites visited, comments on Facebook, Twitter or in this case e-Griz....

The tone of the whole thing reminds me of the initial Penn State reactions last fall.

We've rarely agreed on anything, but I second your opinion that it is a good article. I don't read anything in it that appears to be one sided or unfair. There does seem to be a similarity between the way some MT fans are reacting to this situation and the PSU reactions to the Sandusky allegations. Both are deeply disturbing, and while embarrassing to both schools and their fans, they need to be investigated and dealt with regardless of who is upset. In short, the problem at MT is not one created by the article's author.
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

Longhorn wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:It seems like a good article. I wouldn't be surprised to see if the NCAA or local police as part of their investigation follow internet activity of suspects - email, sites visited, comments on Facebook, Twitter or in this case e-Griz....

The tone of the whole thing reminds me of the initial Penn State reactions last fall.

We've rarely agreed on anything, but I second your opinion that it is a good article. I don't read anything in it that appears to be one sided or unfair. There does seem to be a similarity between the way some MT fans are reacting to this situation and the PSU reactions to the Sandusky allegations. Both are deeply disturbing, and while embarrassing to both schools and their fans, they need to be investigated and dealt with regardless of who is upset. In short, the problem at MT is not one created by the article's author.
UT? really? :lame:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Longhorn wrote:

Here is a little less biased reporting of the "rape scene" and the U of Montana football team.

http://havredailynews.com/news/georgefe ... egriz.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The media, of which I’m a proud member, has, through rumor and misinformation, made the Grizzly football team the dark and sinister figure in this debacle when in fact, one Grizzly football has been charged with any type of a sex crime since Bobby Hauck took over for Joe Glenn in 2002.

That’s right, I’ll say it again. One Griz football player has been arrested or charged with a sex crime since Bobby Hauck took over for Joe Glenn in 2002.

That, ladies and gentleman is a fact that cannot be disputed.

Now, that does not mean Griz football players are innocent little angels, and it certainly doesn't mean that other Griz football players aren't guilty of all sorts of things. We've seen it in the past and I'm sure we'll see it in the future.

But what's so wrong with dealing in facts, things we know, things we can prove? And right now, all we know is that one Grizzly football player, who is now an ex-Griz football player has been charged with a sex crime — not 80, not 18, not eight, but one.
What Montana fans are angry about is that Gwen has a very bad habit of having very little facts and a ton of speculation. The post about eGriz is just one of many similar stories by this lady. She has been talking about the rape problems with the UM football team and has got everyone a little riled up over her crap.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Blue Hen Fanatic
I am a fan of: University of Delaware
A.K.A.: UD Blue Hens

Post by Blue Hen Fanatic »

We'll trade you Christine O'Donnell for her :nod:
On December 12, 1775 the Continental Congress created a Battalion of minuteman from the three counties in Delaware. Kent county militia were fans and owners of Game Cocks; Fight'n Blue Hens as they were called. The Fight'n Blue Hens became known far and wide as the very best Fighting Game Cocks around. Thus, the Blue Hen was established.