Football Championship Subdivision discussions
BigDawgPop
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Gardner Webb
A.K.A.: drm7336

Liberty's Leading Rusher Off Team

Post by BigDawgPop »

How bad is this going to hurt the Flames?

http://www2.neweraprogress.com/sports/2 ... ar-355178/

JayJ79
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: myself

Re: Liberty's Leading Rusher Off Team

Post by JayJ79 »

Did he get caught watching an R-rated movie?
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

He didn't vote for Liberty in the Elimination game and instead voted for ODU.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

grizzaholic wrote:He didn't vote for Liberty in the Elimination game and instead voted for ODU.
:ohno:
SuperJon
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty
A.K.A.: awesome

Post by SuperJon »

BigDawgPop wrote:How bad is this going to hurt the Flames?

Not very bad. He had troubles staying healthy and towards the end of last season SirChauncey Holloway was probably playing better. We also get Korrey Davis eligible this season so it's likely that Al could've been pushed back to the third running back. He just did something that was against Liberty's rules and is out of school for a year. He'll be able to come back for 2011 if he wants and this will be like his redshirt year.
LynchburgFlamesFan
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty University
A.K.A.: Flamerbob

Post by LynchburgFlamesFan »

I think its safe to safe we have great depth at the RB position. I really hope Aldreakis understands he has a second chance and comes back next year. I've talked to him quite a few times and he seems like a very nice young man.
JMU DJ
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Leeeeeeroy Jeeeenkins

Post by JMU DJ »

SuperJon wrote:

Not very bad. He had troubles staying healthy and towards the end of last season SirChauncey Holloway was probably playing better. We also get Korrey Davis eligible this season so it's likely that Al could've been pushed back to the third running back. He just did something that was against Liberty's rules and is out of school for a year. He'll be able to come back for 2011 if he wants and this will be like his redshirt year.

Ohhh the Liberty Way... :lol:

Yeah, I think Liberty will be fine. They pretty much had a RB platoon ready to go this year. What you lose is the "big bruising" back. Allen is well over 220 lbs, you lose about 30 lbs to your next running back. Gonna be a little tougher on the goal line and 4th and short IMO.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

SuperJon wrote:

I don't think it'll hurt you guys a great deal from a numbers standpoint unless that 530 yds. gained was primarily gained in 3rd down situations. The fact the kid was a freshman and got it while learning on the fly may hurt more if he was continuing to improve and that may not be the case if you had another guy coming in the late stages.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JayJ79 wrote:Did he get caught watching an R-rated movie?
:lol: :lol:
jcmanson
Level2
Level2

Post by jcmanson »

The "other guy coming in in late stages" was also a True Freshman and more heavily recruited - SirChauncey Holloway. Gotta love that name, huh?

Also, as mentioned Korey Davis, transfer from UMass, had earned the #1 spot coming out of spring ball. He's a redshirt Soph.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

jcmanson wrote:The "other guy coming in in late stages" was also a True Freshman and more heavily recruited - SirChauncey Holloway. Gotta love that name, huh?

Also, as mentioned Korey Davis, transfer from UMass, had earned the #1 spot coming out of spring ball. He's a redshirt Soph.
Yeah man that's a great name. With some youngsters still there to pound it out and making waves it will have even less effect.

What style backs are these guys? Slasher, bruisers, etc...
SuperJon
Level1
Level1
A.K.A.: awesome

Post by SuperJon »

Davis is just a very fluid, solid running back.

Holloway, even though he's short and shifty, will run someone over in a heartbeat. That kid pops a ton of punch for someone as small as he is.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

SuperJon wrote:Davis is just a very fluid, solid running back.

Holloway, even though he's short and shifty, will run someone over in a heartbeat. That kid pops a ton of punch for someone as small as he is.
Don't know how big he is but that is not uncommon at all. Some of the most well built, sturdy, shifty, sloid RB's the Griz have ever had go about 5"8", 5'10" and 190-210 lbs. and I've see the same stats from very many other great RB's out of the Big Sky. Slip by the DL, side step a LB, and then knock a CB/Safety on their ass is the traditional recipe.
jcmanson
Level2
Level2

Post by jcmanson »

Here's our roster - http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... 1&TeamID=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chauncey is listed at 5'8" 195