Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky predictions 9-10

Post by JALMOND »

After the first week, I am sitting at 11-1 with the lone blemish due to Northern Colorado's game. The games are a bit more difficult this weekend but still non-conference, and all on Saturday. Sacramento State is sitting out this weekend but everyone else is playing.

San Diego (Pioneer) at CP---The Mustangs didn't look too bad in stepping up a level last week and now get to return to the FCS with a game against a non-scholly school who has given them problems in the past. But not this year...CP 28, San Diego 24.

ISU at San Diego State (FBS Mtn West)---The Bengals get to stay with Mountain West competition but they had two weeks to prepare for this game against one of the better Mountain West teams, and one looking to make a statement...San Diego State 45, ISU 21.

Morehead State (Pioneer) at MSU---Rolling, rolling rolling, the Bobcat team just keeps rolling along. Last week the Southland in a ho-hum game. This week the Pioneer in a ho-hum game. They need them as next week is not ho-hum...MSU 45, Morehead State 7.

South Dakota (Missouri Valley) at UM---The Grizzlies are hoping to continue their dominance on both sides of the ball as things do get more difficult with a Missouri Valley team coming to town. But nothing they can't handle...UM 34, South Dakota 10.

PSU at Washington (FBS Pac-12)---Last week was the easy FBS game for the Vikings as they controlled the game for the most part, except on the scoreboard. They may not get that luxury this weekend with their trip to the Pac-12...Washington 27, PSU 16.

UNC at Wyoming (FBS Mtn West)---After their perplexing loss to the Southland doormat, the Bears non-conference trip gets much tougher with a step up to the FBS and on the road. Not much chance to make up for their loss...Wyoming 34, UNC 10.

NAU at Sam Houston (WCA)---By the time they got to Phoenix last week, the Lumberjacks were blown out to a good Pac-12 team. A return to the FCS awaits them this week, but the outcome does not look to be any different...Sam Houston 34, NAU 14.

UCD at South Dakota State (Missouri Valley)---Fresh off their opportunity last week against one of their Pac-12 brethren, the Aggies make a much longer trip to the Midwest for a game against a hungry (and great) FCS team...South Dakota State 31, UCD 10.

WSU at Utah State (FBS Mtn West)---The Wildcats showed last week that they can quickly put away a less inferior opponent. And, based on the scores last week, the Mountain West may be a bit down. Chance for an upset? Close...Utah State 27, WSU 24.

UI at Indiana (FBS Big 10)---The Vandals put together a good showing and game plan against a Power 5 opponent last week. They get another Power 5 opponent this week, but a longer trip and an opponent with more talent...Indiana 27, UI 17.

EWU at Oregon (FBS Pac-12)---In years past, this would be a good chance for the Eagles to get a big win. But after a close win at home last week and facing a bigger school who got embarrassed nationally, things may not be good here...Oregon 45, EWU 17.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky predictions 9-10

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU 20-47 OreganoEastern's D has to play better than it did last week if they want any shot at upsetting a decent FBS

Portland St. 10-31 UDubAre the Huskies better than San Jose? I would think so… I guess? :?

San Diego 14-38 Cal PolyEven last year's Cal Poly team was able to beat the Toreros

Davis 17-42 SoDak StateI doubt this meeting will go much better for the Aggies than the last one did

Idaho 24-45 IndianaWhy is Indiana playing Idaho two years in a row? :?

Idaho St. 6-30 San Diego St.The rape scandal seems to be affecting the Aztecs, but I really doubt that's enough for them to fall to the Bungles

Weber 13-27 Utah St.The Aggies won the three recent meetings by a combined score of 169-29

NAU 17-34 Sam HoustonBoth teams coming off FBS smotherings…

SoDak 13-27 MontanaThe Coyotes should be a good team, but they're probably not good enough to win a non-conference game in WaGriz

Morehead 10-55 Montana St.Can the 'Cats beat Mercer's 50-point margin?

NoCo 7-31 WyomingWyoming's last three FCS games have been decided by only one score… I don't see that happening this time :lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I love your "Oregano" smack, Venus. ROFL....

Oregon 42, EWU 37
Portland State 21, Washington 13
San Diego 42, Cal Poly 10
SD State 49, UC Davis 27
"Indinia" 38, Idaho 3
San Diego State 27, ID State 6
Weber State 45, UT State 31
Sam Houston 35, N. Arizona 31
Montana 56, South Dakota 14
MT State 49, Morehead State 10
Wyoming 28, N. Colorado 0
Sac State BYE (Who the heck decided a Week 2 BYE was a good idea?!? SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Will any of these games be within two scores?

CP
SDSU (FBS)
MSU
UM
UDub
Wyo
SHSU
SDSU (FCS)
USU
Inidana
Oregon
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:41 pm I love your "Oregano" smack, Venus. ROFL....

phpBB [video]
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:17 pm After the first week, I am sitting at 11-1 with the lone blemish due to Northern Colorado's game. The games are a bit more difficult this weekend but still non-conference, and all on Saturday. Sacramento State is sitting out this weekend but everyone else is playing.

San Diego (Pioneer) at CP---The Mustangs didn't look too bad in stepping up a level last week and now get to return to the FCS with a game against a non-scholly school who has given them problems in the past. But not this year...CP 28, San Diego 24.

ISU at San Diego State (FBS Mtn West)---The Bengals get to stay with Mountain West competition but they had two weeks to prepare for this game against one of the better Mountain West teams, and one looking to make a statement...San Diego State 45, ISU 21.

Morehead State (Pioneer) at MSU---Rolling, rolling rolling, the Bobcat team just keeps rolling along. Last week the Southland in a ho-hum game. This week the Pioneer in a ho-hum game. They need them as next week is not ho-hum...MSU 45, Morehead State 7.

South Dakota (Missouri Valley) at UM---The Grizzlies are hoping to continue their dominance on both sides of the ball as things do get more difficult with a Missouri Valley team coming to town. But nothing they can't handle...UM 34, South Dakota 10.

PSU at Washington (FBS Pac-12)---Last week was the easy FBS game for the Vikings as they controlled the game for the most part, except on the scoreboard. They may not get that luxury this weekend with their trip to the Pac-12...Washington 27, PSU 16.

UNC at Wyoming (FBS Mtn West)---After their perplexing loss to the Southland doormat, the Bears non-conference trip gets much tougher with a step up to the FBS and on the road. Not much chance to make up for their loss...Wyoming 34, UNC 10.

NAU at Sam Houston (WCA)---By the time they got to Phoenix last week, the Lumberjacks were blown out to a good Pac-12 team. A return to the FCS awaits them this week, but the outcome does not look to be any different...Sam Houston 34, NAU 14.

UCD at South Dakota State (Missouri Valley)---Fresh off their opportunity last week against one of their Pac-12 brethren, the Aggies make a much longer trip to the Midwest for a game against a hungry (and great) FCS team...South Dakota State 31, UCD 10.

WSU at Utah State (FBS Mtn West)---The Wildcats showed last week that they can quickly put away a less inferior opponent. And, based on the scores last week, the Mountain West may be a bit down. Chance for an upset? Close...Utah State 27, WSU 24.

UI at Indiana (FBS Big 10)---The Vandals put together a good showing and game plan against a Power 5 opponent last week. They get another Power 5 opponent this week, but a longer trip and an opponent with more talent...Indiana 27, UI 17.

EWU at Oregon (FBS Pac-12)---In years past, this would be a good chance for the Eagles to get a big win. But after a close win at home last week and facing a bigger school who got embarrassed nationally, things may not be good here...Oregon 45, EWU 17.
Weber got a scalp and Northern Arizona got a win. 9-2 for the week, 20-3 overall.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Montana giving up the touchdown they did was very disappointing.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:06 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team