Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: FCS PLAYOFFS RND 2

Post by SuperHornet »

Never mind. A DL just got a TD....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Just looked that dude up. I assumed he was a DL because he has #90. I forgot that the NCAA doesn't have the NFL's firmer numbering rules. Dude's a TE....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

59-21 now. Monmouth looked the part for a while but by half JMU was in charge, now they are steamrolling. JMU is much stronger than Monmouth.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

It's now 66-21. JMU apparently copped a pick 6....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

The first Elite Eight ticket has been punched. #2 JMU 66, Monmouth 21. The Dukes await the UNI-SDSU winner....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

My time at the library is almost done. Time for lunchy-lunch and then a trip to Hornet Land!

Get your stingers up!

JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

SuperHornet wrote:The first Elite Eight ticket has been punched. #2 JMU 66, Monmouth 21. The Dukes await the UNI-SDSU winner....
Its UNI!
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Bison are in victory formation!
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

cats2506 wrote:
JBB wrote:Nothing from 5 dimes yet.

The GAM has NDSU a 14 point favorite. The Bison can cover 14. This could be a great game for Trey Lance and the Bison receivers. For the Bison this could be what's called a Garrison Finish. Start slow and easy, play hard, finish going away.

ILS @ Cent Ark is a good match-up. Cent Ark comes in almost exclusively a passing team averaging 301 yds/game. The rushing game musters only 92 yds/game. If IlS stops the air attack and musters their own passing game taking advantage of the 278 yds the Bears give away each week through the air ILS should cover the GAM spread of 3.

Montana State is a slight favorite, -3, over Albany. The game promises to be a good one. Both teams may air it out. With the GAM forecasting an O/U of 54 this game may surprise with the over. Looking forward to it. Did the Bobcats launch with the route of Montana or did we see their grand finale?

As far as the spread goes Austin Peay @ Sac State is game of the day with the GAM forecasting Austin a 1 point favorite. Its even but AP does have a slight edge on defense, especially the rushing D. If they shut MSU down on the ground, which is likely, winning by more than 1 is possible for Austin Peay.

Monmouth looked good Saturday. Strong, competitive and well coached they looked prepared for JMU. Both JMU and Monmouth bring stellar offenses that can run, pass and score. JMU only allows 63 yds rushing/game. If that steel wall holds Monmouth will have to pass. In the mean time JMU will control the clock and game.

A clash of MVFC heavyweights will see underdog UNI try and knock-off the Jackrabbits in Brookings. Great town, great stadium, good game between 2 good teams. The Jacks are the better team on paper by a nose. Their typical game is 31-17. A typical game for UNI 23-18. That "over-view" metric clearly shows the SDSU advantages mostly built up earlier in the season. Details show the SDSU running game contributing a lot to the offensive advantage. UNI is getting hot. Maybe the week off will steady the Jacks and they will return to the type of football they played in Minnesota on opening weekend?

SE La @ Montana is forecast by the GAM to be a barn-burner, that is if the elevation doesn't sink South East Louisiana. These 2 teams are as equally matched as any 2 on Saturdays slate of games. Montana has an edge on both sides of the ball. Its slight but its there. If SE LA tires because of the thin air that edge will grow. Montana stands an excellent chance of covering the GAMs 2 pt spread with the win.

Everybody's team to hate, the KSU owls, are in the second round! The match-up could be epic with the Owls 346 yds/game rushing meeting the Weber defense which allows only 107. It could be the pass the elevates the Owls to victory. They don't pass much but if they have to Weber is a good place to do it. They give up 237 yds/game.
MSU gonna "air it out", I don't know what your on, but you should stop
Montana State finishes with 281 yards passing and 3 TDs.
cats2506
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: MSU Bobcats

Post by cats2506 »

JBB wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Well you didn't say they were gonna put 11 in the box and leave our receivers all alone :thumb:

Cats still ran for over 200 :roll:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

I chuckled too when I saw that stat. :D

If I'm reading the stats correctly most of the passing yards came in the second half. It looks like almost 200 yds! They were at 82 well into the second quarter.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

The big one behind door #1 for the cruise and new appliances was a bust. Monmouth came out strong but in the end were not really competitive. We were certain 28 was enough which would cover the 100 at risk against 2000 for the outright Monmouth upset which nobody - GAM, 5 Dimes Sagarin - predicted.

Austin Peay was forecast by the GAM as the favorite and this insight allowed us to pick up 450, saving the day.

KSU also contributed by preventing Weber from covering the spread as forecast by the GAM.

In the end we saw an entry in our account increasing our balance 235 to 2,445. Thank you GAM. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Grizzlies1982
Level1
Level1

Post by Grizzlies1982 »

cats2506 wrote:
JBB wrote:
Well you didn't say they were gonna put 11 in the box and leave our receivers all alone :thumb:

Have to give it to JBB.
A bet that MSU would win and have more passing than running yards would have been about 100 to 1 (or worse). I know I'd never take that bet. :clap:
cats2506
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: MSU Bobcats

Post by cats2506 »

Grizzlies1982 wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

Have to give it to JBB.
A bet that MSU would win and have more passing than running yards would have been about 100 to 1 (or worse). I know I'd never take that bet. :clap:
Yeah, a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

:lol:

MSU covers the spread, has more yards and TDS passing than rushing, and the game goes over the over/under.

Before the game

JBB says
Montana State is a slight favorite, -3, over Albany. The game promises to be a good one. Both teams may air it out. With the GAM forecasting an O/U of 54 this game may surprise with the over. Looking forward to it. Did the Bobcats launch with the route of Montana or did we see their grand finale?
:clap: :clap:

Kalm says this:
MSU May air it out? The 106th ranked passing offense in FCS averaging
165 ypg?
WRONG!

Cats2596 says this:
:dunce:

:lol: