Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: P5 conference realignment.

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:23 am
9 years of no TV revenue :suspicious:

The ACC Adding Stanford, Cal and SMU Makes Absolutely No Sense

...So this is where we are. An East Coast conference lured two West Coast schools by promising roughly half the money they were previously making, while getting a school in Texas, essentially for free. It's also worth noting, none of the three schools are any good at revenue-generating sports. They'll be bottom feeders in the ACC and provide very little value as far as ratings go….
https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/acc-st ... h994jvacgv
Amazing that these schools were willing to forgo millions of dollars in payouts to stay in a notable conference. 2 of these schools are private so if they have the donor backing, then meh. But CA is a public school, not sure how they are going to make up this money in the near term.

Also pretty funny seeing Calfurd get put into this situation as it was their arrogance/elitism that blocked pas Pac12 expansion efforts that could have staved off this whole situation. :lol:
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:03 am
dal4018 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:30 pm

Why didn't THE BIG XII go after SMU this school is in their backyard.
Already had a school in the DFW market- TCU. Promoting a G5 to P5/P4 in the same market you have the only P5/P4 school in makes no sense.
I thought in terms of competition it would be nice.They were once rivals years ago in the old SWC.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

This seems fair. GoCougs
Whitman County (Wash.) Superior Court Judge Gary Libey granted Oregon State and Washington State a temporary restraining order to prevent the Pac-12 from holding a board of directors meeting Wednesday. Here’s what you need to know:

The Pac-12 can conduct normal business following the decision but cannot meet as a board without court approval.
Oregon State and Washington State are seeking an injunction to block what they believe is an attempt by commissioner George Kliavkoff and the ten departing schools to make governance decisions that affect their futures. Both schools have said they want to explore ways in which they could rebuild the Pac-12 by taking control of their assets and the brand.
A lawyer representing Oregon State and Washington State argued at the hearing that eight schools — Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah, Oregon, Washington, Stanford and California — forfeited their right to be on the Pac-12 board when they announced their intentions to join other conferences next year. USC and UCLA were stripped of voting rights by the Pac-12 in the summer of 2022 when they decided to join the Big Ten. The two schools are arguing that their peers announcing they’re joining new conferences is equivalent to giving the Pac-12 its formal notice, a contention that has been disputed by the departing schools.
During Monday’s hearing, the Pac-12 asked for interim protections that would allow it to “keep its lights on and its critical employees in place” as well as an agreement among the parties about how money is spent for daily and monthly needs.
What they are saying
“We are very pleased with the court’s decision today,” Washington State President Kirk Schulz said in a statement. “It has always been our view that the future of the Pac-12 should be determined by the remaining members, not by those schools that are leaving the conference. This position is consistent with the action the Pac-12 Board of Directors took when the first two schools announced their departure from the conference more than a year ago.”

“We remain firmly committed to exploring all options to protect the interests of our student-athletes, coaches, and fans,” he added. “We look forward to the court putting the question of governance to rest so that Washington State University and Oregon State University can make reasonable and necessary decisions regarding the future of the Pac-12 Conference.”
https://theathletic.com/4853583/2023/09 ... er-pac-12/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Every FBS school ranked by how attractive they'd be in conference realignment
I found Altimore's model to overrate California schools -- there's no way UCLA is getting taken before LSU, or Cal before Oregon -- but at the very least it's an interesting conversation driver. Or a panic-inducing one, depending on where your school falls.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 am Image

Every FBS school ranked by how attractive they'd be in conference realignment
I found Altimore's model to overrate California schools -- there's no way UCLA is getting taken before LSU, or Cal before Oregon -- but at the very least it's an interesting conversation driver. Or a panic-inducing one, depending on where your school falls.
This guy's a nincompoop. Outside of Navy, Liberty, and Coastal, there ain't nothing "attractive" about ANY of those schools...ESPECIALLY the Big Ten and the SEC....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.