All other college sports!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

NCAA FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS

Post by dal4018 »

Just heard about this on ESPN Sports Radio the selection committee has just decided to expand to 12 teams starting in '26
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: NCAA FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS

Post by SuperHornet »

It's still not a playoff because not every conference gets an auto-bid. The top six "rated" conferences (rating system unspecified) get auto-bids, which they'll probably skew to limit G5 to one bid. They said nothing about how they'll divvy up the six at-large bids, which says to me that most if not all will go to upper-tier P5 (read: Big Ten and SEC) conferences, unless a lower-tier P5 or a G5 is somehow in the Top 5 in the poll. They'll probably find a way to screw a G5 ranked worse than 5th unless they're the "lucky" conference champ that will be grudgingly "allowed" as an auto-bid.

I still say that it's not a true playoff until they have 16 teams with ALL FBS conferences getting an auto-bid. I'm sick to death of their wriggling around to find a way to define out the upset....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:24 pm It's still not a playoff because not every conference gets an auto-bid. The top six "rated" conferences (rating system unspecified) get auto-bids, which they'll probably skew to limit G5 to one bid. They said nothing about how they'll divvy up the six at-large bids, which says to me that most if not all will go to upper-tier P5 (read: Big Ten and SEC) conferences, unless a lower-tier P5 or a G5 is somehow in the Top 5 in the poll. They'll probably find a way to screw a G5 ranked worse than 5th unless they're the "lucky" conference champ that will be grudgingly "allowed" as an auto-bid.

I still say that it's not a true playoff until they have 16 teams with ALL FBS conferences getting an auto-bid. I'm sick to death of their wriggling around to find a way to define out the upset....
They were talking about possibly going that route of having 16 teams in the playoffs.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I’m surprised they went from 4 straight to 12. Thought they would go to 8, then maybe in 2030s 16. Hopefully in 2030s le they still go to 16..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.