2021 FBS Rivalry Games

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

2021 FBS Rivalry Games

Post by SuperHornet »

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 2021 FBS Rivalry Games

Post by 89Hen »

I prefer the other rivalry games going on this week.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

89Hen wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:24 am I prefer the other rivalry games going on this week.
I'm not seeing any other rivalry games this week, except maybe Mary Hardin-Baylor and WI-Whitewater. Unless you mean Cowboys-Redskins? Yes, I like that one, too, seeing as how I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan (though I'd love to dump Jerry Jones)....

Or is this another of those "jokes" that I seem to have a penchant for not "getting?"

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:34 am
89Hen wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:24 am I prefer the other rivalry games going on this week.
I'm not seeing any other rivalry games this week, except maybe Mary Hardin-Baylor and WI-Whitewater. Unless you mean Cowboys-Redskins? Yes, I like that one, too, seeing as how I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan (though I'd love to dump Jerry Jones)....

Or is this another of those "jokes" that I seem to have a penchant for not "getting?"
The latter. You started a thread for one game under FBS Rivalry Games. I doubt anyone wants to talk Michigan/Ohio State two weeks after it happened.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Ah. Good point. I was hoping to consolidate all of that and cut down on the "useless" threads. I guess I'm just a day late and a dollar short, once again....

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

But since you went to the trouble. Navy wins the uniform battle this year IMO. I love that they keep trying new things. Some years they work, others not so much.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:40 am But since you went to the trouble. Navy wins the uniform battle this year IMO. I love that they keep trying new things. Some years they work, others not so much.

:nod: :nod: Navy uni's are sharp this year.

Can we talk about the Rivalry Games from 2 weeks ago...? Auburn holding Alabama off all game and then through 4OT is still quite something. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:35 am
89Hen wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:40 am But since you went to the trouble. Navy wins the uniform battle this year IMO. I love that they keep trying new things. Some years they work, others not so much.

Can we talk about the Rivalry Games from 2 weeks ago...? Auburn holding Alabama off all game and then through 4OT is still quite something. :coffee:
Until Auburn's defense on that last drive just choked. Didn't really guard the sidelines at all, I think every play 'Bama had with positive yardage got out of bounds, often with little to no resistance. All they had to do was stop them in bounds maybe twice and that drive doesn't finish in a TD. One of the worst executed defenses I've seen in some time.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I prefer Army’s and Navy’s uniforms from 2007 and prior.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:32 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:35 am

Until Auburn's defense on that last drive just choked. Didn't really guard the sidelines at all, I think every play 'Bama had with positive yardage got out of bounds, often with little to no resistance. All they had to do was stop them in bounds maybe twice and that drive doesn't finish in a TD. One of the worst executed defenses I've seen in some time.
Right on! Auburn either ran out of gas and/or decided that what was working for them all night wasn't good enough. Bama FINALLY showed up to play and boy did they.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17