Chants at 20

All other college sports!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Chants at 20

Post by Ibanez »

This weekend was supposed to be a return to a fun rivalry - Coastal vs Liberty. ESPN's College GameDay is set to broadcast Saturday from the Coastal Carolina campus. Several Liberty players (including their QB) either tested positive for COVID or are in quarantine. So they are out.

Now, it's turned into a Coastal vs BYU, both teams are 9-0. #13 vs #18. BYU Cougars are Independents. They've done well, but they have beaten people that are 0-4 or 1-6. They haven't played anyone (and I guess you can say the same for CCU). Still, Coastal appears to be the underdog - but not by much.

It'll be an interesting game to watch.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:26 am This weekend was supposed to be a return to a fun rivalry - Coastal vs Liberty. ESPN's College GameDay is set to broadcast Saturday from the Coastal Carolina campus. Several Liberty players (including their QB) either tested positive for COVID or are in quarantine. So they are out.

Now, it's turned into a Coastal vs BYU, both teams are 9-0. #13 vs #18. BYU Cougars are Independents. They've done well, but they have beaten people that are 0-4 or 1-6. They haven't played anyone (and I guess you can say the same for CCU). Still, Coastal appears to be the underdog - but not by much.

It's cool that both teams were able to put this together on such short notice. They were discussing the game on the radio this morning and they said that the BYU Equipment guys had 6 hours from the deal being done to get the truck loaded before it had to be on the road to Conway to make sure it would get there on time.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:30 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:26 am This weekend was supposed to be a return to a fun rivalry - Coastal vs Liberty. ESPN's College GameDay is set to broadcast Saturday from the Coastal Carolina campus. Several Liberty players (including their QB) either tested positive for COVID or are in quarantine. So they are out.

It's cool that both teams were able to put this together on such short notice. They were discussing the game on the radio this morning and they said that the BYU Equipment guys had 6 hours from the deal being done to get the truck loaded before it had to be on the road to Conway to make sure it would get there on time.
I'm excited for the game but have NO clue how it's going to be. Is BYU any good?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:55 am
I'm excited for the game but have NO clue how it's going to be. Is BYU any good?
I think BYU is very good but it's hard to be sure based on their competition. They pounded Boise State.

It would be good to see the winner of this game play Cincinnati before bowl selection.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

I'd guess that BYU is a pretty solid favorite. But it looks like a great opportunity for Coastal to open some eyes. I hope you win. And again, please beat the piss out of ULL in the Sun Belt Championship game. :nod:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AshevilleApp wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:08 pm I'd guess that BYU is a pretty solid favorite. But it looks like a great opportunity for Coastal to open some eyes. I hope you win. And again, please beat the piss out of ULL, again, in the Sun Belt Championship game. :nod:
FIFY
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Wait, this is for realz? CCU v BYU?! :notworthy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is must watch TV. Not joking.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AshevilleApp wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:08 pm I'd guess that BYU is a pretty solid favorite. But it looks like a great opportunity for Coastal to open some eyes. I hope you win. And again, please beat the piss out of ULL in the Sun Belt Championship game. :nod:
Didn't ULL beat Iowa State?
Isn't Iowa State one of the top teams that Coastal wouldn't have a chance against?
The transitive property indicates that Coastal doesn't stand a chance against ULL.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:07 pm
AshevilleApp wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:08 pm I'd guess that BYU is a pretty solid favorite. But it looks like a great opportunity for Coastal to open some eyes. I hope you win. And again, please beat the piss out of ULL in the Sun Belt Championship game. :nod:
Isn't Iowa State one of the top teams that Coastal wouldn't have a chance against?
The transitive property indicates that Coastal doesn't stand a chance against ULL.
Makes sense to me! I guess if App were to beat ULL tonight, then we could beat Texas and Oklahoma as well. Sweet!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:16 pm Wait, this is for realz? CCU v BYU?! :notworthy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is must watch TV. Not joking.
Yessir. ESPN College GameDay arrived yesterday. I'm secretly hoping it gets moved to ESPN from ESPNU. The game was moved to 5:30
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:07 pm
But we already beat ULL. 30-27. It was a close game, i'll give you that. I think UL started the game with a 70% chance of winning.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

https://www.si.com/college/2020/12/03/b ... l-schedule
With ESPN College GameDay expected to originate from Conway, Liberty and Coastal Carolina were all set for their showdown. And then COVID intervened. Results from Sunday testing produced some positive cases with the Flames. As is protocol, they retested Wednesday and notified Coastal Carolina, which on Wednesday morning began furiously pursuing another opponent.

At the same time, ESPN College GameDay pursued other site options, too, including heading up the road to Virginia Tech for the Hokies' game against Clemson, says Drew Gallagher, GameDay coordinating producer.

Meanwhile in Provo, BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe had struck out on scheduling an opponent to fill this off weekend (that includes a potential unreported game with undefeated Cincinnati that was nixed because of the Bearcats’ COVID problems). But then, on Wednesday morning, Holmoe got a tip that Coastal could be available.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Some interesting bits and pieces from the article Ibanez posted ...
Anyway, the two men are on the second leg of a cross-country, 40-hour, 2,200-mile journey.

The mission: deliver these prized goods to Conway, S.C., for the impromptu game Saturday between BYU and Coastal Carolina.

The deadline: 3 p.m. ET Friday.
They left Provo at 9:11 p.m. local time Wednesday, which is about 24 hours later than they’d usually depart for an East Coast trip (they’ve done this plenty of times before; in fact, they’ve been doing this together for nine years).
At liftoff, their GPS projected them to arrive in 34 hours at around 8 a.m. ET Friday morning. But it’s not that simple, says Hal.

The truck will stop at least three times to fuel. This baby isn’t your Toyota Camry. The big rig’s tank holds about 200 gallons of fuel. It takes nearly an hour to fill.

They change drivers about every 9-11 hours. Transportation regulations allow one single driver 11 hours of driving in a 24-hour period with a 30-minute break. Factoring in everything, it’s a 40-hour trip. That puts them in Conway with no more than three hours to spare of their deadline.
Two Men and a Truck: The Last-Minute, 2,200-Mile Journey to Get BYU on the Field at Coastal Carolina
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:22 pm Some interesting bits and pieces from the article Ibanez posted ...
Anyway, the two men are on the second leg of a cross-country, 40-hour, 2,200-mile journey.

The mission: deliver these prized goods to Conway, S.C., for the impromptu game Saturday between BYU and Coastal Carolina.

The deadline: 3 p.m. ET Friday.
They left Provo at 9:11 p.m. local time Wednesday, which is about 24 hours later than they’d usually depart for an East Coast trip (they’ve done this plenty of times before; in fact, they’ve been doing this together for nine years).
At liftoff, their GPS projected them to arrive in 34 hours at around 8 a.m. ET Friday morning. But it’s not that simple, says Hal.

The truck will stop at least three times to fuel. This baby isn’t your Toyota Camry. The big rig’s tank holds about 200 gallons of fuel. It takes nearly an hour to fill.

They change drivers about every 9-11 hours. Transportation regulations allow one single driver 11 hours of driving in a 24-hour period with a 30-minute break. Factoring in everything, it’s a 40-hour trip. That puts them in Conway with no more than three hours to spare of their deadline.
Two Men and a Truck: The Last-Minute, 2,200-Mile Journey to Get BYU on the Field at Coastal Carolina
How slow are the pumps where they go? Shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to fill a 200 gallon tank. I realize that's only 15 minutes difference, but 45 minutes versus an hour is difference enough. That gives them at least another 45 minutes to an hour for this trip.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:56 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:22 pm Some interesting bits and pieces from the article Ibanez posted ...

How slow are the pumps where they go? Shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to fill a 200 gallon tank. I realize that's only 15 minutes difference, but 45 minutes versus an hour is difference enough. That gives them at least another 45 minutes to an hour for this trip.
Probably Wawa. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Mormons vs. Mullets, good game so far.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

#94 for the Chants should have been ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the half.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Chickens are playing a bit dirty but dang - what a good game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Chickens are playing a bit dirty but dang - what a good game. The option is working for us.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Chants at 20

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:#94 for the Chants should have been ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the half.
Their QB just pushed a guy 2x in the face mask. Fully extended arm. Fucker

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:21 pm
UNI88 wrote:#94 for the Chants should have been ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the half.
Their QB just pushed a guy 2x in the face mask. Fully extended arm. Fucker

First shove was justified - the guy wasn't involved in the play but stood over the QB with his chest puffed out like he was cock of the walk. Could have been flagged for taunting himself. The second shove was too much. Refs need to get this game under control.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Great game. Don't play an option team on short notice

They dug up some film from #94's high school days ...
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I was pretty impressed with the CCU defensive effort on that last play. I was NOT impressed with what they did to BYU's quarterback earlier in the game, though.

If the polls do the right thing, however, CCU will move up. It won't mean much, though, unless Cincinnati loses, thereby allowing CCU into the NYD6. It wouldn't matter, though, if they had a legitimate playoff, because CCU would be in with an auto-bid anyway as Sun Belch champs....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Coastal took care of the business up front, now it's time for the party in the back! :D
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:00 pm Chickens are playing a bit dirty but dang - what a good game.

Don't feel sorry for those mormons one bit. Seeing them play San Diego State in a lot of MWC games back in the day, there are not many teams dirtier than the zoobs.

Awesome goal-line tackle, great win for CCU. :nod: :clap: