Central Methodist Signs Female Free Safety!

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Central Methodist Signs Female Free Safety!

Post by SuperHornet »

Central Methodist University just inked East Los Angeles College sophomore free safety Toni Harris to a scholarship offer. She is the first woman to earn a scholarship at a non-kicking position. Harris had three other scholarship offers, too.

Congratulations, Toni!

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/spor ... QhJpnVT5oo

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Re: Central Methodist Signs Female Free Safety!

Post by andy7171 »

Publicity move.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

You go Girl!!
:thumb:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

That's fine. It reminds me of a NPR story I heard on the rant the Baylor Women's basketball coach went on. The female NPR reporter talked about how the USA women's soccer team had done better than the USA men's soccer team, etc.

To me, it's all a glaring example of how we don't really mean "equal opportunity" when we say "equal opportunity." Suppose the USA women's soccer team played the USA men's soccer team. Who do you think would win? How many of the players on the USA women's soccer team do you think could make the USA men's soccer team? I think zero is a pretty good bet.

True equal opportunity in athletics would be the elimination of the distinction between men's and women's athletics. Just have a football team and let both men and women compete for positions. Just have a soccer team and have men and women compete for positions. Just have a basketball team and have men and women compete for positions. Just have a track and field team and let men and women compete for positions. So on and so forth.

Live with the results. And we all know what the results would be. As populations, men and women are not equal in terms of athletic ability. It's the reality.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came