GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK SEVEN

Post by GannonFan »

Yeah, I went with Georgia as well.

Unlike Alabama, Georgia actually has a credible schedule this year, and now they're getting into the heart of it - at LSU, home against Florida after a bye, at resurgent Kentucky, and home against Auburn over the next 5 weeks, with a rivalry game against GA Tech and their triple option right after Thanksgiving. Compare that with Bama, who's only legit game so far has been a home tilt against Texas A&M, who is a much better home team. Their next real game is in November against LSU, who may be a beaten team by then anyway, and then Auburn to end the year and it could be a 3 or 4 loss Auburn team by then.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SEC(b)

But LSU’s loss to Florida took some of the luster off this game.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Temple @ Navy
Troy State @ Liberty

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

GannonFan wrote:Yeah, I went with Georgia as well.

Unlike Alabama, Georgia actually has a credible schedule this year, and now they're getting into the heart of it - at LSU, home against Florida after a bye, at resurgent Kentucky, and home against Auburn over the next 5 weeks, with a rivalry game against GA Tech and their triple option right after Thanksgiving. Compare that with Bama, who's only legit game so far has been a home tilt against Texas A&M, who is a much better home team. Their next real game is in November against LSU, who may be a beaten team by then anyway, and then Auburn to end the year and it could be a 3 or 4 loss Auburn team by then.
As I wrote in an e mail to a Texas A&M alum colleague today the thing that makes Alabama going to LSU interesting is that it'll be the one game during the regular season where the other team won't be just flat out manned by Alabama. LSU is an under achieving program given its talent level but as of this writing it's a program that has 51 players on NFL rosters to Alabama's 49. Most of LSU's defensive starters are going to be in the NFL. Alabama's quarterback has been great but he's nicked up and also he's been helped by having receivers none of the Tide's opponents have been able to handle. LSU has what is essentially a NFL secondary.

Obviously Alabama will and should be favored but I think that if you want to look for a spot where they could be beaten that is a spot. Of course if they do lose at LSU that might actually help them as they've won two national championships when they didn't even win the SEC West and got to skip the SEC championship game.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came