New World Record

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

New World Record

Post by SuperHornet »

USC just busted out a 3:00.77 in the mile relay to take down the world record.

Wow....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IdARBEi9Ag

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: New World Record

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote:USC just busted out a 3:00.77 in the mile relay to take down the world record.

Wow....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IdARBEi9Ag
Unfortunately its not a WR Raj Benjamin is from Antigua but he has DUAL CITIZENSHIP.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

•USC sophomore Michael Norman streaked to a world record in the men's 400 meters, clocking a blistering 44.52, breaking the 13-year-old record of Kerron Clement (44.57) and claiming his first individual NCAA title.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Norman wasn't finished. In the final event, USC — with Norman anchoring — lowered the world record in the 4x400 set a week earlier by Poland (3:01.77) in the world championships. USC finished in 3:00.77, followed by Texas A&M (3:01.39) and Florida (3:01.43). All three times were better than the existing WR.

Because USC's Rai Benjamin is from Antigua, the time does can not count as a world record. Texas A&M's quartet was all American, however, so the Aggies would be in line for the record.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

NAU Men finished in 15th place overall, the top non-P5 team
NAU's Andy Trouard won the 3000m race

Southern Utah was 26th, 2nd best FCS team

NAU women tied for 37th, third best FCS team (after Harvard and UNH)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:Norman wasn't finished. In the final event, USC — with Norman anchoring — lowered the world record in the 4x400 set a week earlier by Poland (3:01.77) in the world championships. USC finished in 3:00.77, followed by Texas A&M (3:01.39) and Florida (3:01.43). All three times were better than the existing WR.

Because USC's Rai Benjamin is from Antigua, the time does can not count as a world record. Texas A&M's quartet was all American, however, so the Aggies would be in line for the record.
Why do world records in a relay need to be country based? I thought golf had some really stupid rules, but that's a dumb rule too. Four guys run the best mile relay ever and it doesn't count because they're not all the same nationality? Dumb.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation