All other college sports!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Division III: The Empire Strikes Back

Post by JohnStOnge »

Watched some of the game flipping back and forth between it and the FCS semi. Mount Union hoists another trophy.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/artic ... din-baylor

It was interesting because if you just did the "eyeball test" Mary Hardin Baylor looked like the team with the bigger, faster, better athletes. By a lot. But Mount Union did what Mount Union does more than any other NCAA college football program. It won.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Division III: The Empire Strikes Back

Post by dal4018 »

Wisconsin-Oshkosh missed out last yr they lost to Mary-Hardin in a defensive struggle 10-7!!!!! Oshkosh has D1 size DB AJ Plewa 6'4 205 clocked a 4.35(40)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

dal4018 wrote:Wisconsin-Oshkosh missed out last yr they lost to Mary-Hardin in a defensive struggle 10-7!!!!! Oshkosh has D1 size DB AJ Plewa 6'4 205 clocked a 4.35(40)
Oshkosh also snatched defeat from the jaws of victory this year in the semis against Mount Union. They had a big lead and went into a conservative defensive style while Mount Union went to the passing game to come back. I watched a lot of the game and was kind of pulling for Oshkosh. I kept thinking they should try to pressure the quarterback. But instead they would not blitz or anything and Mount Union's quarterback had oodles of time to throw the football. And he ate them up. Mount Union came back from a 35-10 third quarter deficit to win the game 43-40.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Wisconsin-Oshkosh missed out last yr they lost to Mary-Hardin in a defensive struggle 10-7!!!!! Oshkosh has D1 size DB AJ Plewa 6'4 205 clocked a 4.35(40)
Oshkosh also snatched defeat from the jaws of victory this year in the semis against Mount Union. They had a big lead and went into a conservative defensive style while Mount Union went to the passing game to come back. I watched a lot of the game and was kind of pulling for Oshkosh. I kept thinking they should try to pressure the quarterback. But instead they would not blitz or anything and Mount Union's quarterback had oodles of time to throw the football. And he ate them up. Mount Union came back from a 35-10 third quarter deficit to win the game 43-40.
As the old saying goes, the Prevent Defense does NOTHING except prevent you from winning....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.