Total votes: 22

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: FBS Playoffs (Poll)

Post by BDKJMU »

bluehenbillk wrote:Clemson beating Oklahoma in the chip.
LOL..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Oklahoma‘s problem was a mediocre defense.

Scoring Defense:
1. Alabama
2. Clempson
5. UGA
68. OKlahoma

Total Defense
1. Alabama
4. Clempson
6. UGA
67.OKlahoma
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

All-SEC final. :sleep:

My heart says Jawjuh but my head says Bammer. Sabans will take care of Smarts, 24-13.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Clemson, Oklahoma, and 16 of 22 voters in this poll bow out early.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:All-SEC final. :sleep:

My heart says Jawjuh but my head says Bammer. Sabans will take care of Smarts, 24-13.
:lol: This will be on of the few times when I'll root for Alabama. Roll Damn Tide!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

NDSU > 'Bama....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Well the committee's decision to select Bama was justified...hopefully this means the SEC always gets 2 teams in. Not an SEC fanboy, but that conference is head and shoulders above the other "Power" conferences with the occasional exception.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote:
CID1990 wrote:There's noise being made for 8 teams.

This thing will be 16 teams in just a few years - I called this years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It won't be 16 in a few years. Will be at least a decade. Current contract for 4 runs from 2014-2025 season. IF this 2018 offseason they decide to re do the contract it won't be 8 until likely 2020. That would be after 6 seasons of 4, which started 2014 season. Would be at least another 1/2 doz seasons at 8. Won't see 16 until the late 2020s at the earliest. NCAA moves at a slow pace, and the P5s will fight tooth and nail to not have to share with the G5s. 16 would likely mean every conference getting a bid, including all 5 G5.
The FBS "playoff" is not NCAA sanctioned so they have no input on how/if/when it is ever expanded beyond 4 teams. It will only expand if the P5 wants it to expand...and they won't demand that because each P5 conference gets a base payout from the CFB whether or not it has a team in the field.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote:Well the committee's decision to select Bama was justified...hopefully this means the SEC always gets 2 teams in. Not an SEC fanboy, but that conference is head and shoulders above the other "Power" conferences with the occasional exception.
:suspicious: UGA (7-1) wins in 2OT, Auburn (7-1) loses, LSU (6-2) loses, MissSt (4-4) gets taken to the wire by a 4-4 ACC team... I would say the SEC was if anything marginally better. Head and shoulders? :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Well the committee's decision to select Bama was justified...hopefully this means the SEC always gets 2 teams in. Not an SEC fanboy, but that conference is head and shoulders above the other "Power" conferences with the occasional exception.
:suspicious: UGA (7-1) wins in 2OT, Auburn (7-1) loses, LSU (6-2) loses, MissSt (4-4) gets taken to the wire by a 4-4 ACC team... I would say the SEC was if anything marginally better. Head and shoulders? :ohno:
You realize that only 3 bowl games matter right? And you serious included MSU in that list? :? :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
1 loss Ohio St and Wisconsin miss the playoffs, while 1 loss Alabama and Georgia get bids. Ohio St actually lost to a team in the final 4. Georgia got a mulligan with Auburn, Bama got the SEC lifetime achievement selection.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote: :suspicious: UGA (7-1) wins in 2OT, Auburn (7-1) loses, LSU (6-2) loses, MissSt (4-4) gets taken to the wire by a 4-4 ACC team... I would say the SEC was if anything marginally better. Head and shoulders? :ohno:
1 loss Ohio St and Wisconsin miss the playoffs, while 1 loss Alabama and Georgia get bids. Ohio St actually lost to a team in the final 4. Georgia got a mulligan with Auburn, Bama got the SEC lifetime achievement selection.
And got shat on by a garbage Iowa team...so there's that.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

BDKJMU wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:Clemson beating Oklahoma in the chip.
LOL..
Yeah LOL Alabama beat the brakes off Clemson!!!!! I hate to say it but TheTide will take home another national title.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote:
89Hen wrote: :suspicious: UGA (7-1) wins in 2OT, Auburn (7-1) loses, LSU (6-2) loses, MissSt (4-4) gets taken to the wire by a 4-4 ACC team... I would say the SEC was if anything marginally better. Head and shoulders? :ohno:
You realize that only 3 bowl games matter right? And you serious included MSU in that list? :? :lol:
Wrong and yes, they are in the SEC.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote:
SDHornet wrote: You realize that only 3 bowl games matter right? And you serious included MSU in that list? :? :lol:
Wrong and yes, they are in the SEC.
:lol: I'd love to see the spin on how any bowls outside of the CFP matter. Please share. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote:
89Hen wrote: Wrong and yes, they are in the SEC.
:lol: I'd love to see the spin on how any bowls outside of the CFP matter. Please share. :lol:
No other bowls "matter" when it comes to the national championship. But that's not what we're talking about. If it were, you're ready to admit that the ACC was head and shoulders above the other conferences in 2016? :dunce: :tothehand:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote:
93henfan wrote:Alabama edging out Ohio State was the right call. I'm glad the committee didn't screw that up.

Alabama wins it all. :nod:
Yep.
JohnStOnge wrote:I picked Alabama...
What do we win?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ivytalk wrote:All-SEC final. :sleep:

Well, crap.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Looks a football game broke out after halftime. Congrats to ‘Bama. After the first half I was hoping they’d rally.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Yep.
JohnStOnge wrote:I picked Alabama...
What do we win?
The satisfaction of a job well done.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
93henfan wrote:

What do we win?
The satisfaction of a job well done.
Gee, thanks Dad! That’s swell.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote:
SDHornet wrote: :lol: I'd love to see the spin on how any bowls outside of the CFP matter. Please share. :lol:
No other bowls "matter" when it comes to the national championship. But that's not what we're talking about. If it were, you're ready to admit that the ACC was head and shoulders above the other conferences in 2016? :dunce: :tothehand:
Just watch Bama, "3rd best" team in the SEC, pull off another title...yeah SEC really sucks. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote:
89Hen wrote: No other bowls "matter" when it comes to the national championship. But that's not what we're talking about. If it were, you're ready to admit that the ACC was head and shoulders above the other conferences in 2016? :dunce: :tothehand:
Just watch Bama, "3rd best" team in the SEC, pull off another title...yeah SEC really sucks. :lol:
Who said they suck? You guys crack me up.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote:Looks a football game broke out after halftime. Congrats to ‘Bama. After the first half I was hoping they’d rally.

Going with the FR backup QB that had limited experience was a boss move. Amazing finish.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

That WAS a great game but since I was pulling for Georgia I am really disappointed that they had SO many chances to put that game away and did not. You know. Make a play. Like getting the interception in the third quarter and being in position to put the stake in the heart and instead having the quarterback bounce the ball of of a defensive lineman's helmet to give the ball right back. Having Alabama's freshman quarterback dead to rights for a sack on third down during Alabama's first scoring drive and letting him get away to scramble for a first down. Having a shot at an interception in the end zone right before Alabama got the tying score but bobbling the ball while going out of bounds. Getting the sack in overtime to put Alabama out of field goal range then having the corner get beat deep of all things. Also a DB missed getting his hand on Alabama's game tying pass late by millimeters. Just a lot of ALMOST plays missed when making just one of them would've gotten Georgia the win.

Of course if Alabama lost they'd be able to point to stuff like that too. Like the missed field goals especially. But, really, Georgia had Alabama on the ropes and should not have lost that game.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came