All other college sports!
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Re: FCS Baseball 2012

Post by CatMom »

dbackjon wrote:Stony Brook goes to World Series!!
Congrats to Stony Brook. Love to see the "little guys" do well in these tourneys (in spite of some of the atrocious officiating I've seen at some of the Supers) :roll:

Sitting here watching the regionals and now the Supers just reminds me of a season that got away. We started out so well and ended so badly.

A few years ago we swept Kent State and Purdue (last year) and THIS YEAR we swept Oregon. :ohno:

We also took 2 from TCU, 2/3 from UTA, 1-1 vs Rice. :cry:
SeawolvesFan90
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Stony Brook University
A.K.A.: Seawolves

Post by SeawolvesFan90 »

Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!

I still can't believe it. So proud of that team. Lets make some noise in the CWS!
Stony Brook Fans, Join us at http://www.sbufan.createaforum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go Seawolves!!
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SeawolvesFan90 wrote:Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!

I still can't believe it. So proud of that team. Lets make some noise in the CWS!

This the biggest thing ever for Stony Brook Athletics?

Amazing season you guys are having!!

Keep it going!
:thumb:
SeawolvesFan90
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Stony Brook University
A.K.A.: Seawolves

Post by SeawolvesFan90 »

dbackjon wrote:
SeawolvesFan90 wrote:Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!Seawolves are in the College World Series!

Keep it going!
Yes

1) 2012 NCAA Baseball CWS
2) 2010 NCAA M Lacrosse Quarterfinal
3) 2011 NCAA Football 2nd Round
4) 2005 NCAA M Soccer 2nd Round
Stony Brook Fans, Join us at http://www.sbufan.createaforum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go Seawolves!!
danefan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by danefan »

As much as I hate to see SBU beat purple and gold......this is great for AEast and great for Northeastern baseball.

Congrats! Keep it going!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

SeawolvesFan90 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Keep it going!
Yes

Way to go Seawolves 22 yrs ago this school was division three now it's headed for Omaha courtesy of LSU losing 7-2!!!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

danefan wrote:As much as I hate to see SBU beat purple and gold......this is great for AEast and great for Northeastern baseball.

Congrats! Keep it going!
And good for recruiting for MLB as well!!!!
danefan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by danefan »

dal4018 wrote:
SeawolvesFan90 wrote:
Yes

Way to go Seawolves 22 yrs ago this school was division three now it's headed for Omaha courtesy of LSU losing 7-2!!!!!!!

12 years. Albany, Binghamton and SBU moved to Division I in 2000.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

danefan wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Way to go Seawolves 22 yrs ago this school was division three now it's headed for Omaha courtesy of LSU losing 7-2!!!!!!!

12 years. Albany, Binghamton and SBU moved to Division I in 2000.
Okay thanks was just listening to last night's interview with the coach from Stony Brook on ESPN this info was mentioned.I think they play UCLA in semi-finals!!
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Great job Stony Brook!!
Make Delaware Football Great Again
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Love to see the "little guys" do well in these tourneys
LOL! Those aren't "little guys" though. Stony Brook somehow assembled a team of ringers. I'm not a baseball expert by any means or even a hard core baseball fan. But I think they just had better players...more talent...than LSU. Like the thing where they had 7 guys drafted while LSU had 5. LSU did have the highest draft pick. He was like #4 or so. But from the quick flash of where guys went that I saw I think in general Stony Brook not only had more players drafted but they also went higher in the draft on average.

They had people like that Janokoski or however you spell it guy who is not only a +0.400 hitter but also was like 36 of 42 stealing bases this year (probably not exactly accurate but something like that). So he gets on base a lot then when he gets on base he's a huge distraction.

Schools with I-AA/FCS football programs have made it to the CWS before. Like I can remember Georgia Southern doing it and I think The Citadel has too. But I don't think any of them had the talent level relative to the time that Stony Brook does. This is like if a FCS football team had Alabama's talent level. I think they've got as much talent as anybody.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

One thing this does show is how off a NCAA selection committee can be. Seeding Stony Brook #4 in the regional was ridiculous. That's putting them rated no higher than 49th.

Of course the baseball selection committee picked Fresno State (I think) as a #4 regional seed a few years back and they wont he CWS. I don't think they had the talent Stony Brook has. But it still shows that the NCAA needs to examine its baseball selection committee process.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

JohnStOnge wrote:One thing this does show is how off a NCAA selection committee can be. Seeding Stony Brook #4 in the regional was ridiculous. That's putting them rated no higher than 49th.

Of course the baseball selection committee picked Fresno State (I think) as a #4 regional seed a few years back and they wont he CWS. I don't think they had the talent Stony Brook has. But it still shows that the NCAA needs to examine its baseball selection committee process.

Stony Brook had a low RPI, mainly due to the competition it played
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

FCS (since 1979) in CWS:

The Citadel - 1990
Georgia Southern - 1990