FCS Baseball 2012

All other college sports!
bonarae
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Harvard, ETSU, St. Thomas

FCS Baseball 2012

Post by bonarae »

College baseball season is now 16 days away.... is your team now ready for it? (i.e. playing exhibition games against alumni, setting lineups and rotations, etc.)

Fullerton is playing with their third head coach in six years (the first one bolted to restart the Oregon program in 2007, the second one was hired by Tennessee last summer, however, the latter two coaches were assistant coaches of the first one at one time) and will start the season in 16 days in Gainesville, at #1 ranked Florida. The Titans are coming off a disappointing Regionals performance last season.

Harvard, meanwhile, starts their season in March with a month on the road. The Crimson are usually disappointing in baseball (last Road to Omaha appearance was in 2005, when Frank Herrmann was on the team) and I don't write much about them.
Top two wishes of Ivy football fans everywhere: Playoff participation by the Ivy champion and the diversification of opponents in scheduling games.
MSUDuo
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Missouri State University

Re: FCS Baseball 2012

Post by MSUDuo »

Missouri State was picked to win The Missouri Valley ahead of Creighton at 2nd and Wichita State at 3rd.

The Bears haven't received a national tournament berth since crashing the College World Series party in 2003. We need to get it done this year. We return a lot of hitting and pitching and have no excuse this year
bonarae
Level2
Level2

2012 Softball Thread

Post by bonarae »

Fullerton is currently in Austin, Texas. We were shutout by the Lady Longhorns 23-0 in five innings yesterday, then today we beat Colorado State 13-10. The Titans have been struggling in recent years...

Harvard will open the season in March with trips to Florida and California. First home game doubleheader is on March 22 against Quinnipiac.
Top two wishes of Ivy football fans everywhere: Playoff participation by the Ivy champion and the diversification of opponents in scheduling games.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

2012 FCS Baseball

Post by Ibanez »

Hopefully the other CCU fans will help keep this current. Baseball began yesterday and #35 Coastal Carolina finished thier first game with a 7-1 win over James Madison.

Today, CCU and Virginia will square off at 2pm in Conway.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Coastal Carolina Baseball

Post by Ibanez »

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-bas ... l-mtt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The CCU Roster

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-bas ... sched.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The CCU Schedule

Good luck this season. :thumb:
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: StonyBrook
A.K.A.: SBU

Re: 2012 Softball Thread

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook is 2-2 on the young season. They played in the Charlotte Classic this weeknd beating UNC- Charlotte and Middle Tennesse St. They lost to Charlotte and Kansas. SBU was to play Kansas today for the tourney championship but it was rained out. Next Tourney is 3/2-3/4 at George Washington Univ.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook opens this Friday 2/24 against Alabama St in the Nichols St Tourney. BCS teams we face this year are East Carolina, Kansas, Minnesota and Virginia. We play a 22 game home schedule on our new field with our home opener on 3/14 against Iona.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

FCS Baseball 2012

Post by Ibanez »

Coastal Carolina is scheduled to return to action Wednesday, Mar. 7, hosting UNC Wilmington at 4 pm

Current 4-4, last win came with a 5-4 win over Indiana.
MSUDuo
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Missouri State University

Post by MSUDuo »

Missouri State and junior pitcher Clay Murphy beat Oklahoma State for a 5th straight time, extending their overall winning streak to 5 as well. The Bears are now 10-3
bonarae
Level2
Level2

Post by bonarae »

Harvard was swept by Arizona. Next up: Stetson.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook pounded Fairleigh Dickinson Univ today 17-5. The Seawolves had a two run and grand slam home run to cap the day. This weekend StonyBrook travels to Minneapolis , Minn to play in the Dairy Queen Classic in the Metro Dome. We play Minnesota twice and Kansas twice. The Seawolves are now 5-3 on the season.
Darell1976
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: THE Univ. of North Dakota
A.K.A.: darell1976

Post by Darell1976 »

UND wins its first game of the year 12-9 over......KANSAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go UND, a win over a Big 12 team.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...roup/homepage/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The win over the Jayhawks (6-6) was the first for the Sioux (1-6) in four previous meetings with KU and the first ever over a BCS Conference school since transitioning to the Division I level in 2009
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
2011 GWFC Co-Champs!!!!
Now Playoff Eligible!!
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook spilt a double header today with the Kansas Jayhawks,
Game 1 Stonybrook 4 KU 0
Game 2 KU3 StonyBrook 1.
StonyBrook is palying in the Dairy Queen Tournament at the Metro Dome. StonyBrook faces Minnesote tomorrow.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook lost to Minnesota today 7-1 at the Dairy Queen Tournament. We will play Minnesota again tomorow .
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook defeated Minnesota this afternoon 5-4 splitting it's second double header. Stonybrook has its home opener Wednesday at Joe Nathan Field against Iona.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook topped Iona today 12-7. Next up a four game series against Yale this weekend. First two games on Friday are at StonyBrook and Saturday two games at Yale. I think it will be agood series.
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

Theres is no such animal as FCS Baseball :ohno:

It's all D1 baseball

Now

TXST has started the year out well with the #3 OOC (Boyd's) (13 overall per Nolan's,) SOS....
swept Houston & Notre Dame
Have beaten TCU and Rice - midweek, with losses to UT and Baylor (we'll get them next game)
@ 12-5 the Bobcats are currently ranked
Nolan's RPI - 11
Boyd's RPI - 10
NCAA #30
CBN # 30
Coaches poll #39
NCBWRA - NR (idiots) just ORV
Mid-Major Poll - #1

Pitching staff leads D1 in ERA - 1.63
Had a 57.2 inning scoreless streak (Rice ended it) with 5 SO's in the process.
8 game win streak broken by UTA last Sunday.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook split a doubleheader today with Yale. Game 1 SBU 2 Yale 1 and Game 2 Yale 1 SBU 0. Both Teams play tomorrow at Joe Nathan Field i another double header. StonyBrook is 9-6 on the season.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook swept their double header with Yale yesterday. Final Game 1 Seawolves 13 Yale 2, Game 2 Seawolves 10 Yale 1. StonyBrook is now 11-6 and travels to Da Bronx Wednesday to face Fordham.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook topped Fordham today 11-2 to improve to 12-6. The Seawolves play a double header at Columbia Friday.
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

# 23/30/39 (choose a poll) TXST took out #19/23/24 TCU tonight, 8-4. Their second win over the Horned Frogs this season and also broke their 9 game win streak.
lakesbison
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: lakesbison

Post by lakesbison »

NDSU pounded MINNESOTA 7-0 last night. great win, they are 13-5 and 7 game winning streak.

ESPN baseball BLOG even gave them some pub:

Bison strong: Who is that team ranked at No. 13 in the Nolan Power Index? Yes, it's the Bison of North Dakota State. They went 4-0 this past week, beating Bucknell, Lafayette, Chicago State and Akron to improve to 12-5 on the season. If you recall, NDSU also took down #5 Arizona & Minnesota
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

While it is good to see so many mid-majors having a great start to the 2012 season, don't get all giggly just yet.

The RPIs will shake out later in the season and if you aren't playing and beating top traditonal powerhouses in your OOC, don't look forward to the post season unless you win your conference championship. Mid-Majors will sit out the "Road to Omaha" if they aren't getting those big wins routinely.

Playing 3 top 50 RPI games is not going to get much of a look, especially with an SOS of 188.
They also take rankings into consideration (polls)

Mid-Majors really have to schedule tough to get an at-large. And they have to win those tough games. 1 won't get a blink from the committee come selection time.

I'm not trying to put down any team. I am speaking from experience. If you don't think so, check TXST's SOS and final record from 2010 when we won the SLC but lost the conference championshoip and got left out of the NCAA's because we didn't win enough of the tough OOC's, even though we had a top 20 OOC schedule.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook took both ends of a double header today at Columbia. Game 1 SBU 6 Columbia 5 , Game 2 SBU 11 Columbia 10. The 14-6 Seawolves travel to Holy Cross on Sunday for another double header.
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2

Post by Seawolf97 »

StonyBrook dropped both ends of it's double header with Holy Cross today . Game 1 HC 3 SBU 1 , Game 2 HC 5 SBU 3. The Seawolves are now 14-8.