A Molestation Victim's Take on JoPa's Passing

All other college sports!
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: A Molestation Victim's Take on JoPa's Passing

Post by ∞∞∞ »

After reading the Penn State message boards, facebook posts by my Penn State friends, and reading their responses on various forums, I'm convinced they'd make a great study on how cult members think. Now I'm not saying they're a cult, but the the "group-think" that their fans are exhibiting has actually fascinated me. The fact that normal people can be so loyal to one man/institution that they've rationalized irrational thoughts is amazing.

Also, the excuse that "you don't understand because you're not part of the Penn State community" is terrible. Again, that's exactly what cult members say. Penn State fans need to open their eyes and realize that there's a reason why most everyone is against Joe Pa here...and it's not 'cause we all hated him and the school. Penn State fans (not all) seriously need to take the blue-colored glasses off and see how irrational they're being.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

I never gave Penn State nor JoPa a passing thought in 25 years. I had no hate, nor concern about the school (other than their ugly football unis) until this event.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

More from this same link from CitGrad. Yeah, this writer has NO agenda, right?
Responsible Penn Staters demand to know how allegations of possible sexual misconduct by Jerry Sandusky on 1 March 2002 could be responsibly reported up Penn State's chain of command by Mike McQueary and Joe Paterno, only to die before reaching the desk of President Graham Spanier--the official legally responsible for reporting possible child abuse to state authorities. Who dropped the ball? Why? And why did it remain of the ground for nearly nine years?

But our concern for getting to the bottom of that problem shouldn't prevent us from insisting that an investigation be undertaken that would account for the false assertions in the grand jury presentment that proved so harmful to our football legend and alma mater.
This dude obviously worships the ground JoPa walks on. Much like shitgrad, he doesn't have an objective bone in his body.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:This dude obviously worships the ground JoPa walks on. Much like shitgrad, he doesn't have an objective bone in his body.
Sounds like all the Obamatons we have here.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

A State Penn and Shitadel fan... rough. I'd be bitter too.

So to summarize everything:

:bananahump: :hide: :bananahump: :chair: :king: :bs: :question: :puke: :orly: :thefan: :protesst: :ban: :grizo1: :dead: :sleep:

:rule: :hater: :bad: :tantrum: :laugh: :blah: :nutkick: :blah: :loser: :loko: :agree: :blah: :hater: :fuel: :rant: :rock: :grenade: :dead:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

grizzaholic wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Fixed it for modern day relevance.
This is why you are probably, PROBABLY, a better poster than PR or Mr. T.
That's better. :)

Oh and this pretty much sums up Citgrads defense of JoePa:
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011 ... stlep1.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:So to summarize everything:
:lol: :notworthy:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

SDHornet wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
This is why you are probably, PROBABLY, a better poster than PR or Mr. T.
That's better. :)

Oh and this pretty much sums up Citgrads defense of JoePa:
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011 ... stlep1.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take your fancy link you got there and put some IMG's around it.

"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

∞∞∞ wrote:After reading the Penn State message boards, facebook posts by my Penn State friends, and reading their responses on various forums, I'm convinced they'd make a great study on how cult members think. Now I'm not saying they're a cult, but the the "group-think" that their fans are exhibiting has actually fascinated me. The fact that normal people can be so loyal to one man/institution that they've rationalized irrational thoughts is amazing.

Also, the excuse that "you don't understand because you're not part of the Penn State community" is terrible. Again, that's exactly what cult members say. Penn State fans need to open their eyes and realize that there's a reason why most everyone is against Joe Pa here...and it's not 'cause we all hated him and the school. Penn State fans (not all) seriously need to take the blue-colored glasses off and see how irrational they're being.
I routinely read the rivals.com and scout.com Penn State forums and several of the more prominent Penn State blogs. Not once have I even seen a poster suggest that, "you don't understand because you're not part of the Penn State community".

In truth, there are varying opinions on the matter, even on those boards and blogs. The group-think comes in when people who aren't close to Penn State get their news primarily from national news outlets, especially ESPN. They listen to a sports pundit's three-minute screed or read a couple of incomplete and poorly researched articles and think they know everything there is to know about the story. Those of us who are Penn Staters typically follow the story a lot more closely than the general public. We actually know how the 1998 investigation went down. We know about the discrepancies between the grand jury presentment and witness testimony. We know that the grand jury presentment was leaked and that no action has been taken to find the source. We know that Gov. Corbett has much to lose if details of the 1998 investigation are widely publicized. We know that many members of the Board of Trustess knew about Sandusky from 1998 and that many of them have connections to the Second Mile Foundation.

It isn't cult-like behavior or irrational group-think you are seeing from Penn State fans. It's a discussion among people who are far better informed about this story than you will ever be.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

In the past you've said you have no connection to PSU....

Which is it?

BTW, Sandusky gets plenty of flack and will rot in jail and hell....The reason he doesn't get as much media run as the others you've listed is because he has already been arrested and charged.....The others get the media run because the lack of charges for "criminal" acts.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

AZGrizFan wrote:More from this same link from CitGrad. Yeah, this writer has NO agenda, right?
Responsible Penn Staters demand to know how allegations of possible sexual misconduct by Jerry Sandusky on 1 March 2002 could be responsibly reported up Penn State's chain of command by Mike McQueary and Joe Paterno, only to die before reaching the desk of President Graham Spanier--the official legally responsible for reporting possible child abuse to state authorities. Who dropped the ball? Why? And why did it remain of the ground for nearly nine years?

But our concern for getting to the bottom of that problem shouldn't prevent us from insisting that an investigation be undertaken that would account for the false assertions in the grand jury presentment that proved so harmful to our football legend and alma mater.
This dude obviously worships the ground JoPa walks on. Much like shitgrad, he doesn't have an objective bone in his body.
Yeah, he's a Penn State and Paterno fan, but can you actually refute anything he wrote. The ad hominem is the first refuge of those who got 'nuthin.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CitadelGrad wrote: In truth, there are varying opinions on the matter, even on those boards and blogs. The group-think comes in when people who aren't close to Penn State get their news primarily from national news outlets, especially ESPN. They listen to a sports pundit's three-minute screed or read a couple of incomplete and poorly researched articles and think they know everything there is to know about the story. Those of us who are Penn Staters typically follow the story a lot more closely than the general public. We actually know how the 1998 investigation went down. We know about the discrepancies between the grand jury presentment and witness testimony. We know that the grand jury presentment was leaked and that no action has been taken to find the source. We know that Gov. Corbett has much to lose if details of the 1998 investigation are widely publicized. We know that many members of the Board of Trustess knew about Sandusky from 1998 and that many of them have connections to the Second Mile Foundation.

It isn't cult-like behavior or irrational group-think you are seeing from Penn State fans. It's a discussion among people who are far better informed about this story than you will ever be.
They're all just as guilty as JoPa and McQuery. Everybody trying to cover the institution's ass instead of covering the little boys asses (literally). Given what transpired there over the course of 12 years, they should ALL do time. JoPa's just happens to to be in eternal hell already.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote: In truth, there are varying opinions on the matter, even on those boards and blogs. The group-think comes in when people who aren't close to Penn State get their news primarily from national news outlets, especially ESPN. They listen to a sports pundit's three-minute screed or read a couple of incomplete and poorly researched articles and think they know everything there is to know about the story. Those of us who are Penn Staters typically follow the story a lot more closely than the general public. We actually know how the 1998 investigation went down. We know about the discrepancies between the grand jury presentment and witness testimony. We know that the grand jury presentment was leaked and that no action has been taken to find the source. We know that Gov. Corbett has much to lose if details of the 1998 investigation are widely publicized. We know that many members of the Board of Trustess knew about Sandusky from 1998 and that many of them have connections to the Second Mile Foundation.

They're all just as guilty as JoPa and McQuery. Everybody trying to cover the institution's ass instead of covering the little boys asses (literally). Given what transpired there over the course of 12 years, they should ALL do time. JoPa's just happens to to be in eternal hell already.
:clap:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

grizzaholic wrote: Take your fancy link you got there and put some IMG's around it.
I did but it just showed a link when I previewed it. Maybe work was blocking it or something...just when I thought I could climb out of the "probably" status... :ohno:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

SDHornet wrote:
grizzaholic wrote: Take your fancy link you got there and put some IMG's around it.
I did but it just showed a link when I previewed it. Maybe work was blocking it or something...just when I thought I could climb out of the "probably" status... :ohno:
Back down to the "could be".

Justin Halpern
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

grizzaholic wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I did but it just showed a link when I previewed it. Maybe work was blocking it or something...just when I thought I could climb out of the "probably" status... :ohno:
Back down to the "could be".
Ouch. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CitadelGrad wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:More from this same link from CitGrad. Yeah, this writer has NO agenda, right?

Yeah, he's a Penn State and Paterno fan, but can you actually refute anything he wrote. The ad hominem is the first refuge of those who got 'nuthin.
And wordsmithing is the last refuge of those who know they've lost the argument. If you want to get into semantics, have at it. But I know how I would react if someone told me they'd just caught one of my trusted employees "doing things of a sexual nature and fondling" a young boy. Judging from your comments in this thread, unfortunately I think I know how you'd respond as well. Sure hope you're never in a position to have to make that split second decision.
Uncle Paul
I am a fan of: The Lit'l Ones

Post by Uncle Paul »

Hey! Leave Mr. Sandusky alone. Damn tat'l tales.
Don't be such a tat'l tale!
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Uncle Paul wrote:Hey! Leave Mr. Sandusky alone. Damn tat'l tales.
:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
Fresno St. Alum
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: poontang
A.K.A.: Rainman

Post by Fresno St. Alum »

Willie wrote:Unless you, yourself, took a rod up the shitter...I will never listen to anything you say.
So you'll listen to dback and Travis?
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

They didn't rape anybody or support someone that did, so why wouldn't I?
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Willie wrote:They didn't rape anybody or support someone that did, so why wouldn't I?
Seruously bro:
[youtube][/youtube]
slycat
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas State

Post by slycat »

Sure are a lot of Big 10 t-shirt fans arguing around here. But to be clear JoePa should have done more and the media has a bias as well.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Heard on the Jimmy Dore show the other day that Sandusky's attorney sued for the emancipation of his 16 year old girlfriend who ended being pregnant with his kid.

Two pees in a pod. :ohno:
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

slycat wrote:Sure are a lot of Big 10 t-shirt fans arguing around here. But to be clear JoePa should have done more and the media has a bias as well.
I hope you aren't calling me a fucking t-shirt fan.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne