Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Re: A Molestation Victim's Take on JoPa's Passing

Post by CitadelGrad »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
I'm not defending any of them, you fucking idiot. I wrote that you can't be informed about what happened if you don't know these names without looking them up. You can throw Spanier in there as well.
I know all I need to know to know that JoPa ain't the fucking saint the Penn State faithful are making him out to be. As a human being you are obligated to take information like he got from McQuery and investigate TO THE FULLEST. No matter WHO was involved. His lame ass attempt to claim "I didn't know what it meant" or "I'd never heard of anything like that" and to wait 48 hours to tell his superiors and then just fucking FORGET about it tells me all I need to know. And your blathering on and on and ON about "being informed" ain't gonna change ANY of the facts in this case.

JoPa fucked up. BIG TIME. And in doing so, a child rapist was left to do his work for ANOTHER NINE YEARS. Let that sink in for just a minute. NINE FUCKING YEARS. He's lucky though....he died and gets to avoid all this crap. McQuery has to live with his actions (or LACK of action) for another 50+years.
Joe had an obligation to report it and he did. He didn't have the authority to investigate the matter, so he didn't.

As I said before, if you don't know who the people are on that list, then you can't possibly know all of the details of this matter and have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

CitadelGrad wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Even though he's gone I still can't forget that weak excuse he gave as to why he didn't contact the AD and the School President saying he didn't wish to interfere with their vacations plans after being told that somebody was a pedophile on his staff.
Sandusky had been retired (at Joe's insistence) for over three years at that time. He wasn't on staff.

Paterno was notified by McQueary on a Saturday. Paterno reported it on a Monday.
Paterno should have had Sandusky incarcerated instead of being terminated!!!!!!!!!!
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

dal4018 wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
Sandusky had been retired (at Joe's insistence) for over three years at that time. He wasn't on staff.

Paterno was notified by McQueary on a Saturday. Paterno reported it on a Monday.
Paterno should have had Sandusky incarcerated instead of being terminated!!!!!!!!!!
Let me guess, you were an SC State valedictorian. Right?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CitadelGrad wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I know all I need to know to know that JoPa ain't the fucking saint the Penn State faithful are making him out to be. As a human being you are obligated to take information like he got from McQuery and investigate TO THE FULLEST. No matter WHO was involved. His lame ass attempt to claim "I didn't know what it meant" or "I'd never heard of anything like that" and to wait 48 hours to tell his superiors and then just fucking FORGET about it tells me all I need to know. And your blathering on and on and ON about "being informed" ain't gonna change ANY of the facts in this case.

JoPa fucked up. BIG TIME. And in doing so, a child rapist was left to do his work for ANOTHER NINE YEARS. Let that sink in for just a minute. NINE FUCKING YEARS. He's lucky though....he died and gets to avoid all this crap. McQuery has to live with his actions (or LACK of action) for another 50+years.
Joe had an obligation to report it and he did. He didn't have the authority to investigate the matter, so he didn't.

As I said before, if you don't know who the people are on that list, then you can't possibly know all of the details of this matter and have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
Oh, well nevermind then. Citadelgrad has spoken. So it is written, so it shall be done.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

These were EVERYWHERE in Columbus when I was there in November for the PSU vs OSU game.

Might have to buy the hoody.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
rkwittem
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Post by rkwittem »

CitadelGrad wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Image

There's a reason here in PA yesterday that tens of thousands came out for Joe Pa's funeral procession to pay their resects:
http://www.statecollege.com/news/local- ... on-990307/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And there's a reason Phil Knight said what he said in his eulogy today.

[youtube][/youtube]
Yeah, it's called money + ego. Add the two up and you get a guy who says whatever he wants to when given a massive public forum. Could've gone the Blackledge route, but took the low road. Maybe he's right, maybe he's not. Fact of the matter is he's not a Penn State trustee, never will be and can't truly put himself into their shoes.
rkwittem
Level2
Level2

Post by rkwittem »

CitadelGrad wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I know all I need to know to know that JoPa ain't the **** saint the Penn State faithful are making him out to be. As a human being you are obligated to take information like he got from McQuery and investigate TO THE FULLEST. No matter WHO was involved. His lame ass attempt to claim "I didn't know what it meant" or "I'd never heard of anything like that" and to wait 48 hours to tell his superiors and then just **** FORGET about it tells me all I need to know. And your blathering on and on and ON about "being informed" ain't gonna change ANY of the facts in this case.

JoPa **** up. BIG TIME. And in doing so, a child rapist was left to do his work for ANOTHER NINE YEARS. Let that sink in for just a minute. NINE **** YEARS. He's lucky though....he died and gets to avoid all this crap. McQuery has to live with his actions (or LACK of action) for another 50+years.

As I said before, if you don't know who the people are on that list, then you can't possibly know all of the details of this matter and have no idea what the **** you are talking about.
Legal obligation to report it and a moral obligation to ensure the defense of those kids. He did the bare minimum. But hey, it's legal so he's blameless. :suspicious:

Furthermore, your ridiculous obsession with random last names of people attached to this case shows how out of touch with the reality of this case you truly are. Everybody has the gist of this case down pat. To claim none of us don't know **** about **** because we don't know those guys is moronic and a weak argument. It's like saying none of us knew anything about the OJ trial because we can't name every lawyer, judge and witness in the case.

I have come to expect this from you and other Penn State knuckleheads who still have their heads in the sand. I don't even know why AZ, Willie or any of the others even waste our time trying to convince you that being proactive in cases of child sexual abuse is a good thing. You clearly think the law is the end-all-be-all in this case. :wall:

Even JOE PATERNO said he wishes he'd done more. But the bare minimum is good enough for Citadel. I hope you like it that way because bare minimum is going to status quo for Penn State football for a while. :clap:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

rkwittem wrote: Legal obligation to report it and a moral obligation to ensure the defense of those kids. He did the bare minimum. But hey, it's legal so he's blameless. :suspicious:
el. I hope you like it that way because bare minimum is going to status quo for Penn State football for a while. :clap:
WTF else was he supposed to do? He made an effort to limit the contact Sandusky had with kids and reported it to the PSU admin just as you should. Are there any heroes here that could say they'd honestly do more as people not involved with law enforcement when a long time colleague and friend is accused of doing something so serious? Get off your high horses.

And just for the record, I think Joe Pa was a highly overrated football coach and I hate the Big Ten also.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Pwns wrote:
rkwittem wrote: Legal obligation to report it and a moral obligation to ensure the defense of those kids. He did the bare minimum. But hey, it's legal so he's blameless. :suspicious:
el. I hope you like it that way because bare minimum is going to status quo for Penn State football for a while. :clap:
WTF else was he supposed to do? He made an effort to limit the contact Sandusky had with kids and reported it to the PSU admin just as you should. Are there any heroes here that could say they'd honestly do more as people not involved with law enforcement when a long time colleague and friend is accused of doing something so serious? Get off your high horses.

And just for the record, I think Joe Pa was a highly overrated football coach and I hate the Big Ten also.

How about call the police? Someone is stealing office supplies, just report it to the admin. Someone is raping kids in the showers, call the police AND the admin. :dunce:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

rkwittem wrote:
Even JOE PATERNO said he wishes he'd done more. But the bare minimum is good enough for Citadel. I hope you like it that way because bare minimum is going to status quo for Penn State football for a while. :clap:
I beg to differ. O'Brien doesn't have any HC experience, but he has been called one of the greatest offensive minds in the NFL. Of the 9 assistants he hired, he seems to have put together a pretty good staff, some with NFL experience He did keep 2 coaches from Paterno's staff who were very good recruiters.
http://www.examiner.com/penn-state-nitt ... s-official" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Penn State's 2012 recruit class looks good to renowned expert
http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ss ... class.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They lose about 1/2 their starters.
Toughest OOC is @ UVA.
They miss Michigan & Michigan St. From the Legends division get both Wisconsin & Ohio State at home. Toughest away game is @ Nebraska.
I think they win 8-9 games & finish in the top 2-3 in the Legends Div of the Big 10.

They'll still avg well over 100k attendance. If O'Brien proves to be a good HC they'll remain one of the top Big 10 programs.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote:
rkwittem wrote:
I beg to differ. O'Brien doesn't have any HC experience, but he has been called one of the greatest offensive minds in the NFL. Of the 9 assistants he hired, he seems to have put together a pretty good staff, some with NFL experience He did keep 2 coaches from Paterno's staff who were very good recruiters.
http://www.examiner.com/penn-state-nitt ... s-official" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ss ... class.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toughest OOC is @ UVA.
They miss Michigan & Michigan St. From the Legends division get both Wisconsin & Ohio State at home. Toughest away game is @ Nebraska.
I think they win 8-9 games & finish in the top 2-3 in the Legends Div of the Big 10.

They'll still avg well over 100k attendance. If O'Brien proves to be a good HC they'll remain one of the top Big 10 programs.
FWIW Bleacher Report predicts 10 wins:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Pwns wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is fucking comical. Seriously.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
rkwittem
Level2
Level2

Post by rkwittem »

BDKJMU wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

Toughest OOC is @ UVA.

FWIW, Bleacher Report is a bunch of fan-written articles. No credibility there whatsoever. Penn State football is going in the crapper for a while. Ohio State won't be down long. Michigan is getting back there (sadly), Wisconsin figures to stick around, Michigan State is solid. All of these programs now rank ahead of Penn State for the forseeable future.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

rkwittem wrote:
Furthermore, your ridiculous obsession with random last names of people attached to this case shows how out of touch with the reality of this case you truly are.
This is just the kind of idiocy I would expect from an Ohio $tate dumbass. If you don't know the names of the people involved and what role they played in all of this, their agendas and their relationships with each other, how could you possibly claim to know where the blame should lie? Shallow, stupid fucks like you listen to sensationalists on ESPN and other media outlets and assume that they are fully informed and have an interest in disseminating facts rather than fanning the ratings flames.

I suppose at one point you wanted to string the Duke lacrosse team up by their balls because they surely had to be guilty. Everyone in the media said so.

grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

CitadelGrad wrote:
rkwittem wrote:
Furthermore, your ridiculous obsession with random last names of people attached to this case shows how out of touch with the reality of this case you truly are.
This is just the kind of idiocy I would expect from an Ohio $tate dumbass. If you don't know the names of the people involved and what role they played in all of this, their agendas and their relationships with each other, how could you possibly claim to know where the blame should lie? Shallow, stupid fucks like you listen to sensationalists on ESPN and other media outlets and assume that they are fully informed and have an interest in disseminating facts rather than fanning the ratings flames.

I suppose at one point you wanted to string the Duke lacrosse team up by their balls because they surely had to be guilty. Everyone in the media said so.
So Sandusky is no guilty and Joe Pa is getting some shit he doesn't deserve. GOTCHA
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

rkwittem wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
FWIW, Bleacher Report is a bunch of fan-written articles. No credibility there whatsoever. Penn State football is going in the crapper for a while. Ohio State won't be down long. Michigan is getting back there (sadly), Wisconsin figures to stick around, Michigan State is solid. All of these programs now rank ahead of Penn State for the forseeable future.
Even IF you're correct for the forseeable future (say next 5 years) that would still leave PSU 5th-6th in the 12 team Big 10 hierarchy (also have to throw in Nebraska (I'll be working with a Nebraksa alum & huge Cornhusker fan the next 2 days & will be hearing a lot of Nebraska this & Nebraska that)).
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

grizzaholic wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:

So Sandusky is no guilty and Joe Pa is getting some shit he doesn't deserve. GOTCHA
Yeah, Joe has gotten a lot of shit he didn't deserve.

Where the fuck did I say anything about Sandusky?

CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

Willie wrote:These were EVERYWHERE in Columbus when I was there in November for the PSU vs OSU game.

This is just the sort of thing you'd expect from Columbus, OH trash, home of the $500 handshake.

grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

CitadelGrad wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
Yeah, Joe has gotten a lot of shit he didn't deserve.

Where the fuck did I say anything about Sandusky?
Since you defend Paterno so much you must have the same moral compass as him. Congrats on being a tool.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

CitadelGrad wrote:
Willie wrote:These were EVERYWHERE in Columbus when I was there in November for the PSU vs OSU game.

This is just the sort of thing you'd expect from Columbus, OH trash, home of the $500 handshake.
At least they aren't going around molesting little boys.

Justin Halpern
rkwittem
Level2
Level2

Post by rkwittem »

CitadelGrad wrote:
rkwittem wrote:
This is just the kind of idiocy I would expect from an Ohio $tate dumbass. If you don't know the names of the people involved and what role they played in all of this, their agendas and their relationships with each other, how could you possibly claim to know where the blame should lie? Shallow, stupid **** like you listen to sensationalists on ESPN and other media outlets and assume that they are fully informed and have an interest in disseminating facts rather than fanning the ratings flames.

The blame at Penn State lies with everyone who didn't go to the police and had an inkling about the behavior of Jerry Sandusky. Anyone who claims otherwise is kidding themselves. :wall:
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

grizzaholic wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
At least they aren't going around molesting little boys.
And like I've said before...my sister and I witnessed dozens of PSU fans walking around outside the stadium before game time with "Support Sandusky" shirts on. Team pride there.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

That's a disturbing story JBB wrote. I hope those sicks fucks get what's coming to them.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

You don't have to know a damn thing more than what's been reported to realize JoePa's guilt in this.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

kalm wrote:You don't have to know a damn thing more than what's been reported to realize JoePa's guilt in this.
His lack of guilt you mean! How long will it take you guys to realize that Paterno did nothing wrong?!?!!?

Listen, he is old so doesn't understand child rape, also he did everything anyone of us would have. No one anywhere in the world would have done anything more than tell their superiors about it, but only after a day or two. Not to mention that it wasn't his job to keep Sandusky away from the campus. If your friend did this same thing you would have let him hang around kids for the next 9 years too!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who says anything different is delusional. :coffee: