Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II membership

Post by Pwns »

If a DII conference doesn't mind the travel expenses and risks and offers a Mexican school an invite, then I say knock yourselves out.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Given that there's a university team in La Liga, I wonder if the schools involved will understand that in D-II, you can't give players a salary....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SuperHornet wrote:Given that there's a university team in La Liga, I wonder if the schools involved will understand that in D-II, you can't give players a salary....
Anyone that has ever been to Mexico knows that cash is king...actually that is the only way to get anything done down there...

Agree with pwns though, if a D2 conference wants a member in Mexico, go for it.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SDHornet wrote:Agree with pwns though, if a D2 conference wants a member in Mexico, go for it.
I know entire college football teams have died in plane crashes, but has an entire team ever been mutilated and hung from a bridge?

That’ll be a cool pic, bro!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
VictorG
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by VictorG »

But think of the possible "Bowl" games they could have south of the border. Their names could be something like "Battle at the Wall" Bowl or the "Montezuma’s Revenge" Bowl! :nod:
Politicians are like Diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason
- Mark Twain
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

VictorG wrote:But think of the possible "Bowl" games they could have south of the border. Their names could be something like "Battle at the Wall" Bowl or the "Montezuma’s Revenge" Bowl! :nod:
Or the Edible Taco Bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

We have been down there off over the last ten years along with a few friends who have spent a month plus the last few years. Do you have to be careful of where you go, YEP. At the same time don't be an idiot.
For a college to do this though, f u c k NO. They would just be a target. I did find these numbers though and when compared to Europe fairly high. When compared to home or Louisiana, not that dangerous of a place.

Most recent State Department data in 2016, according to analysis of the data, more Americans were reported killed by homicide in Mexico than the combined total of Americans killed by homicide in every other country abroad.

More than 31 million Americans visited Mexico in 2016, the National Travel & Tourism Office says, and State Department data shows there were reports of 75 American homicide victims there. In comparison, 49 million Americans traveled to all other foreign countries, and 69 were reported killed by homicide.

There were a total of 17,250 reported murder and non-negligent manslaughter cases in the U.S. in 2016. Although the number of cases has declined in the past twenty years, when viewed in international comparison, the U.S. murder rate is still high. In 2012, Germany’s murder rate stood at 0.8, compared to 4.7 in the United States.

The most dangerous U.S. state in 2016, if measured by the number of murders per hundred thousand inhabitants, was Louisiana. The murder and non-negligent manslaughter rate in Louisiana came to 11.8 that year, more than twice the national average. The least dangerous state in 2016, on the other hand, was New Hampshire, with a murder rate of 1.3.
About 73 percent of murders and non-negligent manslaughter cases in the U.S. were carried out using a firearm, including handguns, rifles, and shotguns. This number sums up to 11,004murders by firearm.
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

SDHornet wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:Given that there's a university team in La Liga, I wonder if the schools involved will understand that in D-II, you can't give players a salary....
Anyone that has ever been to Mexico knows that cash is king...actually that is the only way to get anything done down there...

Agree with pwns though, if a D2 conference wants a member in Mexico, go for it.
Isn't cash king pretty much the gig on the planet as a whole?
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS