Most Impressive Day Ever for a McNeese Sports Team?

All other college sports!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Most Impressive Day Ever for a McNeese Sports Team?

Post by JohnStOnge »

Yesterday McNeese's softball team first beat Oregon State 3-2 then beat #1 ranked and defending national champion Arizona State 3-1 at the Kajikawa Classic in Tempe. Yeah I know it's just softball but I'm thinking that's the most impressive day by any McNeese sports team in history.

Only problem is that it's probably an "enjoy it while you can" situation. McNeese's first year coach tore it up on the NAIA level, winning a national title and going to the NAIA Womens' World Series eight straight times. He keeps doing this sort of thing and I'm sure he'll be moving on pretty quickly to a more lucrative position.

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Most Impressive Day Ever for a McNeese Sports Team?

Post by dal4018 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Yesterday McNeese's softball team first beat Oregon State 3-2 then beat #1 ranked and defending national champion Arizona State 3-1 at the Kajikawa Classic in Tempe. Yeah I know it's just softball but I'm thinking that's the most impressive day by any McNeese sports team in history.

Only problem is that it's probably an "enjoy it while you can" situation. McNeese's first year coach tore it up on the NAIA level, winning a national title and going to the NAIA Womens' World Series eight straight times. He keeps doing this sort of thing and I'm sure he'll be moving on pretty quickly to a more lucrative position.

So what show love for your alma-mater you may have a representative of your football team hearing his name in NFL stadiums.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

NM.

The one-hitter came against Princeton, not ASU. But said closer followed that performance with a two-hitter against St. Mary's. She DOES have six saves on the year, mostly bailing out a freshman who can't seem to finish games.

SH is a dummy once again....

*For the confused: I originally posted that the McNeese win over ASU might not be so impressive because ASU had been one-hit by a closer (namely the closer at UOP). In fact, ASU won that game 7-4. The aforesaid freshman took the loss. UOP did, however, dominate the remainder of that ASU tournament, beating Creighton, East Carolina, Valpo, and NM State. That tournament was so close to the recent UOP tournament where those incredible feats happened that they blended in SH's stupid mind.

:ohno:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

dal4018 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Yesterday McNeese's softball team first beat Oregon State 3-2 then beat #1 ranked and defending national champion Arizona State 3-1 at the Kajikawa Classic in Tempe. Yeah I know it's just softball but I'm thinking that's the most impressive day by any McNeese sports team in history.

So what show love for your alma-mater you may have a representative of your football team hearing his name in NFL stadiums.
McNeese does and has had that but this forum is "OTHER College Sports"
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

CatMom wrote:
dal4018 wrote: So what show love for your alma-mater you may have a representative of your football team hearing his name in NFL stadiums.
McNeese does and has had that but this forum is "OTHER College Sports"
Okay point taken.