Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Show Me Teh Money

Post by houndawg »

He needs to cough up half a billion tout suite and US banks won't touch him....what to do?

Foreign banks?
Jared's Saudi blood money?
Eric's "we get all the funding we need from Russia"?
Classified documents...?

A real billionaire, somebody like, oh....say, Elon Musk... would write a check and move on.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Show Me Teh Money

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:54 am He needs to cough up half a billion tout suite and US banks won't touch him....what to do?

Foreign banks?
Classified documents...?

A real billionaire, somebody like, oh....say, Elon Musk... would write a check and move on.
:roll:
Musk is worth 12 figures, something in the 200 billiion ballpark. Musk, an African American success story, is listed as the 2nd richest in the world, and richest in the US. Only about 15 people in the world in the 12 figure category. Below is Forbe’s real time list of the Top 50 worldwide from 200+ billion to 30+ billion:
https://www.forbes.com/real-time-billio ... 8b4ff93d78
Trump is just a simple 10 figure billionaire- there’s a couple of thousand of those worldwide (wiki says 2640 billionaires 2023). And no, none of those low 10 figure billionaires with a couple of billion have liquid asests lying around where they can just stroke checks for a 1/2 billion+.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:09 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:54 am He needs to cough up half a billion tout suite and US banks won't touch him....what to do?

Foreign banks?
Classified documents...?

Musk is worth 12 figures, something in the 200 billiion ballpark. Musk, an African American success story, is listed as the 2nd richest in the world, and richest in the US. Only about 15 people in the world in the 12 figure category. Below is Forbe’s real time list of the Top 50 worldwide from 200+ billion to 30+ billion:
Trump is just a simple 10 figure billionaire- there’s a couple of thousand of those worldwide (wiki says 2640 billionaires 2023). And no, none of those low 10 figure billionaires with a couple of billion have liquid asests lying around where they can just stroke checks for a 1/2 billion+.
Especially if the "billion" is a house of highly leveraged cards. Take a few cards out and the whole thing comes tumbling down.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Foreign banks?
Classified documents...?

Low 9s if he's lucky with real estate values.

Otherwise he wouldn't need to call in favors to make bond for a measley $83,000,000 fine. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:01 pm
Especially if the "billion" is a house of highly leveraged cards. Take a few cards out and the whole thing comes tumbling down.
Just like a bank
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:02 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:01 pm
Just like a bank
Banks are regulated and backed by the FDIC, is the trump criminal organization? :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:13 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:02 am

Just like a bank
Banks are regulated and backed by the FDIC, is the trump criminal organization? :coffee:
Banks are a house of cards, if everyone went down to the bank on Monday morning to withdrawal their savings, 97% of the people would have to be told we don’t actually have your cash
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:04 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:13 am
Banks are a house of cards, if everyone went down to the bank on Monday morning to withdrawal their savings, 97% of the people would have to be told we don’t actually have your cash
And the majority of that 97% would get their money because of the FDIC or similar organizations. Regulations also try and keep banks from being too leveraged (taking on too much risk).

Does the trump criminal organization have similar backing or regulations?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:21 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:04 am

And the majority of that 97% would get their money because of the FDIC or similar organizations. Regulations also try and keep banks from being too leveraged (taking on too much risk).

We know for sure the evil clown President has the backing of the DOJ
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:25 am

Changing the subject.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

......and the Donald has the SCOTUS in his pocket - so......no? :lol:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:27 am

At least the SC is public

DOJ? Not even close
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:15 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:27 am

DOJ? Not even close
Is it? Does Justice Thomas disclose every trip, gift or transaction that he's gotten or had with people who have an interest in SCOTUS' cases?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:20 pm

DOJ? Not even close
Is it? Does Justice Thomas disclose every trip, gift or transaction that he's gotten or had with people who have an interest in SCOTUS' cases?
How would you or I know? The point is his decisions are on the record

Joes DOJ is not supposed to be a bunch of corrupt TDS thugs
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

DOJ? Not even close
Or why he’s not recusing himself from cases that involve his wife.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:41 pm

Judge Engoron's decisions are on record. Judge Chutkan's decisions are on record. Judge McAfee's decisions are on record. Judge Merchan's decisions are on record. Thomas' questionable ethics in accepting these "gifts" and sweetheart deals and the potential conflicts of interest they bring far outweigh any the other justices might have. So Engoron, Chutkan, McAfee, and Merchan are all good. No more bitching and moaning by MAQA yahoos about them being lib judges who can't be trusted to dispense justice.

There are probably as many people in the DoJ who support trump as there are that have tDS.

You think the indictments, charges and trials are politically motivated. I think they're justified. trump's actions in trying to steal the 2020 election (fraudulent electors, attempting to bully state officials into "finding" votes or not certifying results, inciting a seditious riot on January 6 to prevent the certiification) and obstructing the return of classified documents are a big deal. trump should be investigated and tried. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:08 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:41 pm

Judge Engoron's decisions are on record. Judge Chutkan's decisions are on record. Judge McAfee's decisions are on record. Judge Merchan's decisions are on record. Thomas' questionable ethics in accepting these "gifts" and sweetheart deals and the potential conflicts of interest they bring far outweigh any the other justices might have. So Engoron, Chutkan, McAfee, and Merchan are all good. No more bitching and moaning by MAQA yahoos about them being lib judges who can't be trusted to dispense justice.

There are probably as many people in the DoJ who support trump as there are that have tDS.

You think the indictments, charges and trials are politically motivated. I think they're justified. trump's actions in trying to steal the 2020 election (fraudulent electors, attempting to bully state officials into "finding" votes or not certifying results, inciting a seditious riot on January 6 to prevent the certiification) and obstructing the return of classified documents are a big deal. trump should be investigated and tried. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Gotta pay your bills. :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:37 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:08 pm

No you don’t

The Evil Clown is doing everything he can do to pay off student debt for slackers …

But forgot how to issue a Presidential Directive to fix the Border disaster
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:39 am

No you don’t

The Evil Clown is doing everything he can do to pay off student debt for slackers …

Agreed. He should do both.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

No you don’t

....the border bill was a done deal until Trump killed it for political reasons
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:32 am

No you don’t

Biden doesn’t need a border bill to return to Trump policies and a secure border.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:30 pm

Biden doesn’t need a border bill to return to Trump policies and a secure border.
Biden can’t do it because he would be admitting failure by re-instating Trump policy

Unfortunately, our Rotten evil national clown has a bad case of TDS
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:30 pm

Trump killed the deal negotiated by Lankford. Now he has to tell the Sock Puppet of the House what comes next. Ball is in your court. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

No you don’t

Pass the bipartisan proposal or come up with one of your(meaning Trump's) own. :roll:

Looking at the history of the way this kind of shit always blows up in your faces, e.g., your many gubmint shutdowns, it's kind of surprising that you keep trying brinksmanship at every opportunity. But that's why you're the minority I guess... :coffee:
Last edited by houndawg on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:58 am

No you don’t

Agreed. He should do both.
Both? Very greedy of you to support the government paying off individuals student loan debt with the money of more financially responsible people