Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Climate Change Defamation

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:42 am
kalm wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:31 am

Still a bunch of people died….despite modern medicine and “lockdowns”. Human life used to be valued.
You chose to follow one metric (deaths) and not the other (%) in regards to COVID.

Pick the other metric (%) and one sees COVID was only slightly worse than a bad cold and flu season with age being the biggest factor in deaths, so the vast majority were not at risk.

Lockdowns don't work for a respiratory pandemic. That's been documented for years. Maybe if the people you supported had applied focused protection to the elderly instead of bringing COVID into their nursing homes, we'd have seen that level of care you want to see. This was all over a metric.
Not gonna re-litigate how wrong you still are. Go ahead and keep typing.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:53 am

You chose to follow one metric (deaths) and not the other (%) in regards to COVID.

Pick the other metric (%) and one sees COVID was only slightly worse than a bad cold and flu season with age being the biggest factor in deaths, so the vast majority were not at risk.

Lockdowns don't work for a respiratory pandemic. That's been documented for years. Maybe if the people you supported had applied focused protection to the elderly instead of bringing COVID into their nursing homes, we'd have seen that level of care you want to see. This was all over a metric.
Because you got clobbered and the data shows it.

You were an incorrect medical fascist.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:49 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:58 am

So will the price of a bag of Doritos stay pegged at 7 bucks?
...don't use them, wouldn't know.. :?

Guess what? Prices don't go down.
according to your President he himself has brought prices down
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:55 am

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:11 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:55 am

Medical fascist duck.

Immoral piece of shit. You pass judgement all the time but can't take it back.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

when I had the flu, I felt bad and cancelled my flight

When I tested positive for Covid, I felt just fine and they canceled my flight
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:19 am

When I caught covid I didn't even know it because the vaccine worked as advertised
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:59 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:19 am

When I caught covid I didn't even know it
I fixed your post to my experience
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Some observations from scientists.

----------------------------------------
"An example of the rising temperature is that of Spitzbergen, only 800 miles from the North Pole. In 30 years the average winter level of the thermometer has gone up by nine degrees Celsius.

Vanishing ice

The ice-packs which once used to ring the north coast of Iceland for several months of the year allowing no passage, now only span the same area for 60 days. The almost impenetrable barrier in the Polar Sea has been replaced by ineffective floes lashing through the waves.”

“So much ice has vanished on Greenland,” the Swedish scientist explained after a careful survey, “that the entire character of this northern country has changed.”

Turning to Alaska, Professor Ahlmann estimates that the glaciers are retreating at the rate of 900 feet a year. Some of them have presented a unique sight for decades, their sheer drop into the water from high altitudes displaying a rare spectacle.

Meanwhile the people in Europe have again wondered at the lack of snow in the valleys. And it certainly was not a white Christmas for those who can remember the heavy snow falls last century.

Scientists believe that the melting of ice in the polar regions indicates a radical change in climatic conditions.”

Article was written 74 years ago
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:25 am I'm wondering what caused the first four Ice Ages. And the "Little Ice Age" from about 1300[ to about 1850. I'm thinking that man had a pretty small effect on those.
Volcanoes and asteroids for $1,000, Alex.

Since climate change happened before humans were on the scene, humans can't be having an effect on climate.

Thats doing the same thing creationists do when they try to push their bullshit that because evolution is wrong therefore creationism must be right..
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:11 am Some observations from scientists.

----------------------------------------
"An example of the rising temperature is that of Spitzbergen, only 800 miles from the North Pole. In 30 years the average winter level of the thermometer has gone up by nine degrees Celsius.

Vanishing ice

The ice-packs which once used to ring the north coast of Iceland for several months of the year allowing no passage, now only span the same area for 60 days. The almost impenetrable barrier in the Polar Sea has been replaced by ineffective floes lashing through the waves.”

“So much ice has vanished on Greenland,” the Swedish scientist explained after a careful survey, “that the entire character of this northern country has changed.”

Turning to Alaska, Professor Ahlmann estimates that the glaciers are retreating at the rate of 900 feet a year. Some of them have presented a unique sight for decades, their sheer drop into the water from high altitudes displaying a rare spectacle.

Meanwhile the people in Europe have again wondered at the lack of snow in the valleys. And it certainly was not a white Christmas for those who can remember the heavy snow falls last century.

Scientists believe that the melting of ice in the polar regions indicates a radical change in climatic conditions.”

Article was written 74 years ago
You know who else knew about it 74 years ago? Big oil.
Last edited by kalm on Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:56 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:25 am I'm wondering what caused the first four Ice Ages. And the "Little Ice Age" from about 1300[ to about 1850. I'm thinking that man had a pretty small effect on those.

Since climate change happened before humans were on the scene, humans can't be having an effect on climate.

Thats doing the same thing creationists do when they try to push their bullshit that because evolution is wrong therefore creationism must be right..
It also proves that the talking point of humans causing global warming, is also unsettled science
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:17 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:56 am

It also proves that the talking point of humans causing global warming, is also unsettled science
nobody says we're the only cause, CH, that's your lack of education showing and you should be embarrassed. The experts agree overwhelmingly that humans are a very large input into this edition of climate change. Even Standard Oil's own engineers saw it coming in the 1920s - just because youve decided to rest your brain and let the lunatic fringe do your thinking for you is your right doesn't mean you have to abuse the privilege. :ohno:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:57 am

nobody says we're the only cause, CH, that's your lack of education showing and you should be embarrassed. The experts agree overwhelmingly that humans are a very large input into this edition of climate change. Even Standard Oil's own engineers saw it coming in the 1920s - just because youve decided to rest your brain and let the lunatic fringe do your thinking for you is your right doesn't mean you have to abuse the privilege. :ohno:
You sure about that?

Post the evidence? I’m an open book on climate change.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:04 am

You sure about that?
...well, by "nobody" I'm referring to the folks that would publish research about the subject in reputable, peer-reviewed, journals pertaining to the subject. There's always the experts who received their phd in climate change from reading an article in Popular Mechanics. Why? You got something from a reputable, peer-reviewed journal?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

I don’t know anything about that. I’ll check it out.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

You sure about that?

MAQA yahoos don't need or care about evidence. All they need is for the "right" person or people to tell them it's true and they'll believe it. If trump says it, it's gospel. If it's repeated be enough posters in a MAQA yahoo echo chamber, it has to be true. See the 2020 election was stolen, Ukrainian Nazis, biden crime family, etc. for confirmation.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:09 am

You sure about that?

MAQA yahoos don't need or care about evidence. All they need is for the "right" person or people to tell them it's true and they'll believe it. If trump says it, it's gospel. If it's repeated be enough posters in a MAQA yahoo echo chamber, it has to be true. See the 2020 election was stolen, Ukrainian Nazis, biden crime family, etc. for confirmation.
Why would you even post that? Because of your infection

The left is exactly the same, but you remain silent
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

You sure about that?

A blip in the earth’s history? Sure. Cause for concern? Absolutely.
Key Takeaway:
Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere warms the planet, causing climate change. Human activities have raised the atmosphere’s carbon dioxide content by 50% in less than 200 years.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is an important heat-trapping gas, also known as a greenhouse gas, that comes from the extraction and burning of fossil fuels (such as coal, oil, and natural gas), from wildfires, and natural processes like volcanic eruptions. The first graph shows atmospheric CO2 levels measured by NOAA at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii, since 1958. The second graph shows CO2 levels during Earth’s last three glacial cycles, as captured by air bubbles trapped in ice sheets and glaciers.

Since the onset of industrial times in the 18th century, human activities have raised atmospheric CO2 by 50% – meaning the amount of CO2 is now 150% of its value in 1750. This human-induced rise is greater than the natural increase observed at the end of the last ice age 20,000 years ago.
https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/ca ... intent=121
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:28 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:09 am
MAQA yahoos don't need or care about evidence. All they need is for the "right" person or people to tell them it's true and they'll believe it. If trump says it, it's gospel. If it's repeated by enough posters in a MAQA yahoo echo chamber, it has to be true. See the 2020 election was stolen, Ukrainian Nazis, biden crime family, etc. for confirmation.
Why would you even post that? Because of your infection

The left is exactly the same, but you remain silent
:suspicious: As BDKKKaren likes to say - da fuq?

I've been saying boy sides are the same for years ...
UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:55 pm Peas in a pod, birds of a feather and all that. Just more examples of each side being like the other.
My infection? You're projecting again.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:57 am

You sure about that?

A blip in the earth’s history? Sure. Cause for concern? Absolutely.
Key Takeaway:
Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere warms the planet, causing climate change. Human activities have raised the atmosphere’s carbon dioxide content by 50% in less than 200 years.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is an important heat-trapping gas, also known as a greenhouse gas, that comes from the extraction and burning of fossil fuels (such as coal, oil, and natural gas), from wildfires, and natural processes like volcanic eruptions. The first graph shows atmospheric CO2 levels measured by NOAA at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii, since 1958. The second graph shows CO2 levels during Earth’s last three glacial cycles, as captured by air bubbles trapped in ice sheets and glaciers.

Since the onset of industrial times in the 18th century, human activities have raised atmospheric CO2 by 50% – meaning the amount of CO2 is now 150% of its value in 1750. This human-induced rise is greater than the natural increase observed at the end of the last ice age 20,000 years ago.
https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/ca ... intent=121
Ok thanks

Why were the scientist talking about coming of the next Ice Age in the 1970s?

What is the ratio between human causes of global warming and the natural process of global warming that has been a continuos cycle over millions and millions of years?

Basically, how long did it take for the earth to heat up 125,000 years ago or 800 million years ago?