Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Missing document

Post by houndawg »

What happens if Trump's lawyers can' produce the missing document?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Re: Missing document

Post by houndawg »

Its been a week now since it was first reported that the Iran document Trump referenced in his discussion with unauthorized personnel has gone missing and......crickets. Now, nobody is saying that it is related to the $2,000,000,000 that the Saudis gave to his son-in-law for...something, and it could all be a coincidence but, many people are saying...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

I'm disappointed, SG, thought you'd be on this like a chicken on a junebug...you've lost a step..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

I assume it will now be a part of discovery but it’s interesting why Bedminster wasn’t raided.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:00 am I assume it will now be a part of discovery but it’s interesting why Bedminster wasn’t raided.
To get a search warrant, the probable cause/evidence must be "fresh" for a judge to sign off on it. The intel that docs were brought to Bedminster is over a year old. No way they would have been granted one without some info that's more recent.

That pesky fourth amendment poking it's head up on that one. If it wasn't that way then your old friend that you had a falling out with could say that you had drugs in your house when you were in your 20's and the law could come ransack your place tomorrow.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:56 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:00 am I assume it will now be a part of discovery but it’s interesting why Bedminster wasn’t raided.
To get a search warrant, the probable cause/evidence must be "fresh" for a judge to sign off on it. The intel that docs were brought to Bedminster is over a year old. No way they would have been granted one without some info that's more recent.

That pesky fourth amendment poking it's head up on that one. If it wasn't that way then your old friend that you had a falling out with could say that you had drugs in your house when you were in your 20's and the law could come ransack your place tomorrow.
That makes a bunch of sense. Thank you.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:56 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:56 pm

The New York Times hits Donald Trump with a devastating Tuesday night bombshell, revealing that “Special Counsel Jack Smith subpoenaed surveillance footage from Trump’s Bedminster resort in New Jersey” just as he did for Mar-a-Lago.

This is courtesy of the almost 30 Secret Service Agents that have testified in a separate grand jury about Trump.

Look for another search warrant soon.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:47 am

The New York Times hits Donald Trump with a devastating Tuesday night bombshell, revealing that “Special Counsel Jack Smith subpoenaed surveillance footage from Trump’s Bedminster resort in New Jersey” just as he did for Mar-a-Lago.

This is courtesy of the almost 30 Secret Service Agents that have testified in a separate grand jury about Trump.

It’s been puzzling why Bedminster hasn’t been searched. They were waiting on testimony and to flip witnesses.

Garland is taking some heat for slow rolling the investigation from the start. That’s seems like a fair criticism unless the documents case is truly just the first course.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:47 am

That one was interesting I'm sure - I wonder what the two agents who were going to offer contradicting testimony about the episode with trump and his driver said.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

Doesn't matter who they were. Their bravado followed by their silence tells you all you need to know about their claims.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

bobbythekidd wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:22 am Doesn't matter who they were. Their bravado followed by their silence tells you all you need to know about their claims.
Wonder what else are they lying about.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:38 pm What happens if Trump's lawyers can' produce the missing document?
How do you know Trump or his lawyers ever had the document? :coffee:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:58 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:38 pm What happens if Trump's lawyers can' produce the missing document?
Because he said he didn't have it. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
There is just as much if not more evidence of trump’s nefarious deeds as there is of Joe’s/Hunter’s. You will take any rumor or innuendo as proof of Biden guilt but would dismiss video evidence of trump’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:18 pm
BDKJMU wrote: How do you know Trump or his lawyers ever had the document? :coffee:
There is just as much if not more evidence of trump’s nefarious deeds as there is of Joe’s/Hunter’s. You will take any rumor or innuendo as proof of Biden guilt but would dismiss video evidence of trump’s.

Incorrect.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:58 pm
You don't seriously think that the Saudis just handed the outgoing president's son-in-law $2,500,000,000 for nothing? Do you? :shock:

$2,500,000,000 is chump (rhymes with Trump) change for the Saudis, SG, - they would have paid twice that to get their hands on the US military's asessment of Iran's weaknesses and a battle plan for dealing with the Saudis bitter rival for regional dominance. :nod:
For a conspiracy wack who sees plots everywhere its interesting you haven't mentioned this one. :coffee:
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

It is one thing to cultivate relationships that can produce opportunities after leaving office as Clinton, Obama and yes Jared Cushner did.

It is another thing altogether to take money while in office for political favors in office as the Bidens have.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:18 pm There is just as much if not more evidence of trump’s nefarious deeds as there is of Joe’s/Hunter’s. You will take any rumor or innuendo as proof of Biden guilt but would dismiss video evidence of trump’s.

Incorrect.
This is where you and kalm agree.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:17 am
SeattleGriz wrote:
Incorrect.
This is where you and kalm agree.

What am I agreeing with here?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:58 pm How do you know Trump or his lawyers ever had the document? :coffee:
You don't seriously think that the Saudis just handed the outgoing president's son-in-law $2,500,000,000 for nothing? Do you? :shock:

$2,500,000,000 is chump (rhymes with Trump) change for the Saudis, SG, - they would have paid twice that to get their hands on the US military's asessment of Iran's weaknesses and a battle plan for dealing with the Saudis bitter rival for regional dominance. :nod:
For a conspiracy wack who sees plots everywhere its interesting you haven't mentioned this one. :coffee:
The false god trump can do no wrong in the eyes of his worshippers. They see conspiracies everywhere except when they look in the mirror. Like most cults, they believe in the righteousness of their cause and that evil doers are out to get their idol.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

LeadBolt wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:51 am It is one thing to cultivate relationships that can produce opportunities after leaving office as Clinton, Obama and yes Jared Cushner did.

It is another thing altogether to take money while in office for political favors in office as the Bidens have.

Not really. The bribery/grifting, leveraging campaign donations or in your case Saudi blood money didn’t just all happen after Trump left office.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:17 am This is where you and kalm agree.

That I’m incorrect that
UNI88 wrote: There is just as much if not more evidence of trump’s nefarious deeds as there is of Joe’s/Hunter’s.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:21 am
kalm wrote:
That I’m incorrect that
UNI88 wrote: There is just as much if not more evidence of trump’s nefarious deeds as there is of Joe’s/Hunter’s.

Am I?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:21 am That I’m incorrect that
Am I?
You are just as sure that the Bidens’ misdeeds are less than the trumps’ as SG is of the opposite.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:00 am
kalm wrote:
Am I?
You are just as sure that the Bidens’ misdeeds are less than the trumps’ as SG is of the opposite.

Because there’s overwhelming evidence provided through investigations, testimony and evidence that they are. The only people arguing otherwise are MAGA.

Reality is more important than an arbitrary center line in a two party system.