Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Trump vs. Biden Part 2

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:02 am
kalm wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:31 am

I’m sorry that hurts your feelings. How about just Alito and Thomas with the other conservatives only being fascist adjacent?
:ohno:

It doesn't hurt my feelings, it just offends my BS meter. There's no objective measure that can make the fantastic leap to call anyone on the Supreme Court, even Alito or Thomas, fascists. It just defies the actual definition of what a fascist is and it is rampant and reckless hyperbole to even try to make that leap. But hey, that's the times we live in, unfortunately where political discussion has gotten so rabidly partisan that not only can an otherwise rational poster like yourself make that assertion, but you don't even blink in doubling down and making that assertion again. Like I said, this is a jump-the-shark moment for you, even a 6.93 moment for you. If I feel anything it's pity for you. :ohno:
I’ll cop to it being a flippant remark. So no need to get into a long protracted debate on the justices. It’s not the gotcha you think it is.

And yes…Alito and Thomas have both shown fascist type tendencies. Just this week, Alito was complaining about Obergefell. Does that necessarily make him a fascist? No. It’s just another instance in a long list of fascistic like statements and law from too many in the right that have done nothing but increase since we started this debate.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:45 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:52 am

The fascist are in control
You like to say that the US is or is becoming a banana republic - how? Give me some examples from the last 10 years of banana republic activities.

I can give some:
- January 6
- Fraudulent electors
- The President of the United States of America calling state officials attempting to bully them into finding votes and/or no certifying election results
- Utter disfunction in the US House of Representatives

If the US becomes a banana republic it won't just be because of what biden and democrats are doing.
The current POTUS using his top law enforcement offical to persecute and try to imprison his chief political rival, the top presidential candidate of the opposing party, at the peak of an election season on clearly political charges breaks a 240 year traditon in this country of judicial restraint, and is next level bananna republic.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:33 pm
You like to say that the US is or is becoming a banana republic - how? Give me some examples from the last 10 years of banana republic activities.

I can give some:
- January 6
- Fraudulent electors
- The President of the United States of America calling state officials attempting to bully them into finding votes and/or no certifying election results

If the US becomes a banana republic it won't just be because of what biden and democrats are doing.
The current POTUS using his top law enforcement offical to persecute and try to imprison his chief political rival, the top presidential candidate of the opposing party, at the peak of an election season on clearly political charges breaks a 240 year traditon in this country of judicial restraint, and is next level bananna republic.
That's one perspective. Another is that the prosecutions of the "chief political rival, the top presidential candidate of the opposing party" are the result of that person's banana republic words and actions listed above following the 2020 election.

If trump had accepted his defeat like an adult rather than a spoiled, petulant child who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his way, he wouldn't be in this situation.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

wow
Biden's cheat sheets at fundraisers worry donors
https://www.axios.com/2024/02/23/biden- ... donors-age
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:49 pm wow
Biden's cheat sheets at fundraisers worry donors
https://www.axios.com/2024/02/23/biden- ... donors-age
He uses cheat sheets whenever Hunter comes over so he can remember all of his illegitimate grandchildren’s names

But always forgets them at Christmas time
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:51 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:02 am

:ohno:

It doesn't hurt my feelings, it just offends my BS meter. There's no objective measure that can make the fantastic leap to call anyone on the Supreme Court, even Alito or Thomas, fascists. It just defies the actual definition of what a fascist is and it is rampant and reckless hyperbole to even try to make that leap. But hey, that's the times we live in, unfortunately where political discussion has gotten so rabidly partisan that not only can an otherwise rational poster like yourself make that assertion, but you don't even blink in doubling down and making that assertion again. Like I said, this is a jump-the-shark moment for you, even a 6.93 moment for you. If I feel anything it's pity for you. :ohno:
I’ll cop to it being a flippant remark. So no need to get into a long protracted debate on the justices. It’s not the gotcha you think it is.

And yes…Alito and Thomas have both shown fascist type tendencies. Just this week, Alito was complaining about Obergefell. Does that necessarily make him a fascist? No. It’s just another instance in a long list of fascistic like statements and law from too many in the right that have done nothing but increase since we started this debate.
Complaing about a 5-4 decision a justice diseented from is a facist like statement? :suspicious: That would Sotomayor, Kagan, and Brown virulent facists, because they have conplained about decisions thry were on the dissenting end of..Or maybe using your logic we should call them commies, since they are coming from the opposite end of the spectrum as Alito..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:07 am
Same thing applies to the immunity appeal. Be careful what you ask for.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:33 pm

I can give some:
- January 6
- Fraudulent electors

Its part of his official duties as President so he has immunity for life.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Since lying appears to matter now I thought I'd throw this one out there for discussion ...

Fact check: Trump delivers another lie-filled CPAC speech
Trump’s claim that he warned the US not to invade Iraq is false; the claim was debunked eight years ago. In reality, Trump did not publicly express opposition to the March 2003 invasion of Iraq before it occurred. In his 2000 book, “The America We Deserve,” Trump argued a military strike on Iraq might be necessary; when radio host Howard Stern asked Trump in September 2002 whether he is “for invading Iraq,” Trump responded, “Yeah, I guess so. I wish the first time it was done correctly”; and Trump did not express a firm opinion about the looming war in a Fox interview in January 2003, saying that “either you attack or don’t attack” and that then-President George W. Bush “has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps.”
Trump’s claim is false. He did not “end” Nord Stream or render it “over.” While he did approve sanctions on companies working on the project, that move came nearly three years into his presidency, when the pipeline was already around 90% complete – and the state-owned Russian gas company behind the project said shortly after the sanctions that it would complete the pipeline itself. The company announced in December 2020 that construction was resuming. And with days left in Trump’s term in January 2021, Germany announced that it had renewed permission for construction in its waters.
These Trump claims are false. The election wasn’t rigged and Trump’s opponents didn’t cheat. Joe Biden won fair and square. There was a tiny amount of voter fraud that was nowhere near widespread enough to have changed the outcome in any state, let alone to have reversed Biden’s 306-232 victory in the Electoral College.
This claim is not supported by any evidence. Grand juries made up of ordinary citizens – in New York, Georgia, Florida and Washington, DC – approved the indictments in each of Trump’s criminal cases. There is no basis for the claim that Biden ordered Trump to be criminally charged or face civil trials.
Trump’s claim is false. Trump has been indicted four times. Capone was indicted at least six times, as A. Brad Schwartz, the co-author of a book on Capone, told CNN.
This is false – and a complete reversal of reality. Minnesota Democratic Gov. Tim Walz, not Trump, was the one who deployed the Minnesota National Guard during the 2020 unrest; Walz first activated the Guard more than seven hours before Trump publicly threatened to deploy the Guard himself. Walz’s office told CNN in 2020 that the governor activated the Guard in response to requests from officials in Minneapolis and St. Paul – cities also run by Democrats.
Trump did not come up with the word “caravan,” either in general or to describe groups of migrants traveling together toward the US border during his presidency.
Trump’s claim of having defeated ISIS in “four weeks” isn’t true; the ISIS “caliphate” was declared fully liberated more than two years into Trump’s presidency, in 2019. Even if Trump was starting the clock at the time of his visit to Iraq in late December 2018, as he suggested later in the speech, the liberation was proclaimed more than two and a half months later. In addition, Trump gave himself far too much credit for the defeat of the caliphate, as he has before, when he said, “I knocked it out” with no caveats or credit to anyone else: Kurdish forces did much of the ground fighting, and there was major progress against the caliphate under President Barack Obama in 2015 and 2016.
Trump’s “$2 trillion” claim is false, a massive exaggeration. The US has never had a $2 trillion annual trade deficit and does not have one under Biden. The overall deficit, which includes trade in both goods and services, was about $773 billion in 2023, down from a record high of about $951 billion in 2022.
Trump’s claim that China “didn’t buy” oil from Iran is false. China’s oil imports from Iran did briefly plummet under Trump in 2019, the year the Trump administration made a concerted effort to deter such purchases, but they never stopped – and then they rose sharply again while Trump was still president. “The claim is untrue because Chinese crude imports from Iran haven’t stopped at all,” Matt Smith, lead oil analyst for the Americas at Kpler, a market intelligence firm, said in November.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:00 pm Since lying appears to matter now I thought I'd throw this one out there for discussion ...

These Trump claims are false. The election wasn’t rigged. and Trump’s opponents didn’t cheat. Joe Biden won fair and square.
False- That’s CNN’s opinion. Others have the opinion it was rigged. Ex
-Big Tech, the MSM and FBI colluded to supress Hunters laptop along with the 51 former intel folks who lied by signing the letter saying it was Russian disinformation..
-Changing to mass mail in of ballots for the 1st time most states, which clearly favors democrats.
-PA gov and Sec State ignoring PA constitution by making changes to PA election rules without going through the legislature.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:00 pm Since lying appears to matter now I thought I'd throw this one out there for discussion ...

This claim is not supported by any evidence. Grand juries made up of ordinary citizens – in New York, Georgia, Florida and Washington, DC – approved the indictments in each of Trump’s criminal cases. There is no basis for the claim that Biden ordered Trump to be criminally charged or face civil trials.
There is plenty of basis for the claim. Biden appointed AG Garland, and there is no proof that Biden didn’t request Trump be criminally charged.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Trump’s claim is false. Trump has been indicted four times. Capone was indicted at least six times, as A. Brad Schwartz, the co-author of a book on Capone, told CNN.
Is it false if Capone was indicted on less than 91 counts?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Yep.

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:17 am Yep.

If true, it should also be the end of Biden’s presidency today
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:36 am
kalm wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:17 am Yep.

Biden should end his residency because Trump is a juvenile dick who punches down? :lol:
Last edited by kalm on Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:38 am

Reading comprehension is essential ...
Also, Schwartz noted: “This isn’t a race, of course, but it may be worth noting that Capone is also way ahead in individual counts (the 1931 Prohibition indictment alone added up to five thousand conspiracy charges).” Trump faces 91 total counts over his two federal indictments and two local indictments.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:03 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:38 am

Reading comprehension is essential ...
Also, Schwartz noted: “This isn’t a race, of course, but it may be worth noting that Capone is also way ahead in individual counts (the 1931 Prohibition indictment alone added up to five thousand conspiracy charges).” Trump faces 91 total counts over his two federal indictments and two local indictments.
A winning slogan:

“Donald Trump…not as criminal as Capone.”
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:35 am

There is plenty of basis for the claim. Biden appointed AG Garland, and there is no proof that Biden didn’t request Trump be criminally charged.
The lack of proof that biden didn't request trump be criminally charged is "basis" that he did? :rofl: That's some fvcked up logic.

trump brought these indictments upon himself with his own words and actions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:28 am

These Trump claims are false. The election wasn’t rigged. and Trump’s opponents didn’t cheat. Joe Biden won fair and square.
-Big Tech, the MSM and FBI colluded to supress Hunters laptop along with the 51 former intel folks who lied by signing the letter saying it was Russian disinformation..
-Changing to mass mail in of ballots for the 1st time most states, which clearly favors democrats.
-PA gov and Sec State ignoring PA constitution by making changes to PA election rules without going through the legislature.
Let's see proof that Democratic fraud outweighed Republican fraud to such an extent that it cost trump the election. It didn't. trump cost himself the election.

It's more than an opinion - Most of your claims have been brought to the courts and found lacking. What the MSM and FBI did with hunter's laptop was wrong and they should be held accountable for it but there is no proof it would have changed the election.

trump lost and he continues to whine about it 3+ years later. A rational adult would have moved on; a real leader would have focused on what's good for the country rather than soothing their wounded ego.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:43 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:36 am

Biden should end his residency because Trump is a juvenile dick who punches down? :lol:
Presidency

He’s brain dead putting everyone in harms way
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:09 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:35 am
The lack of proof that biden didn't request trump be criminally charged is "basis" that he did? :rofl: That's some fvcked up logic.

trump brought these indictments upon himself with his own words and actions.
You don’t think a POTUS has influence on his AG, and Biden doesn’t have influence on Garland and thereby Smith. :suspicious:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:15 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:28 am
Let's see proof that Democratic fraud outweighed Republican fraud to such an extent that it cost trump the election. It didn't. trump cost himself the election.

It's more than an opinion - Most of your claims have been brought to the courts and found lacking. What the MSM and FBI did with hunter's laptop was wrong and they should be held accountable for it but there is no proof it would have changed the election.

trump lost and he continues to whine about it 3+ years later. A rational adult would have moved on; a real leader would have focused on what's good for the country rather than soothing their wounded ego.
And there’s certainly zero evidence that it wouldn’t have flipped 1 in 500 votes (GA/WI/AZ) and therefore changed the election.