Total votes: 20

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Supreme Court Poll

Post by BDKJMU »

This isn’t going to help the 3 vulnerable donk Senators running 2022..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:02 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:59 am She tried to touch my weiner at a house party I don't even remember when or where, but she did it!
No, SG, that was Rachel Maddow.
Oof. Thought I had fully repressed that memory. After it happened, I couldn't look at another man for years.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:27 am

Oof. Thought I had fully repressed that memory. After it happened, I couldn't look at another man for years.
Oof! :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:08 am
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:00 am

Now what? I think Jackson will still get the GOP votes of Murkowski and Collins, if not more.
It was something about her being far left. McConnel says it's about dark money.
OK, Lindsey. Not far enough left for you to vote to confirm her for the DC Circuit, but too far left for SCOTUS. Did I get that right? :roll:
Last edited by Ivytalk on Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Conservative Treehouse makes right prediction back in Jan 2021.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... s-nominee/
Garland himself is too old (69) and too centrist for the interests of the JoeBama ideology; but watch for Biden to move activist DC District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson (50), twenty years Garland’s junior, into the DC Circuit Appeals Court role.

Despite her known activist ideology, Judge Kentanji Brown-Jackson will likely achieve senate confirmation without issue for the circuit court role. Soon thereafter Supreme Court Justice Stephen Bryer announces his departure, and Judge Brown-Jackson is quickly nominated as Bryer’s replacement.

Having passed senate confirmation recently, activist Judge Kentaji Brown Jackson -a black female who checks all the boxes- is then positioned to avoid senate challenge and will move swiftly through the SCOTUS confirmation process.

It is a typically Obama-esque play. As a stand alone nomination for SCOTUS she would be a radical pick; Justice Brown-Jackson is a known activist in the DC District Court; however, with this maneuver she could get through nomination easier and then sit on the highest court for thirty years
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:56 am Conservative Treehouse makes right prediction back in Jan 2021.

Garland himself is too old (69) and too centrist for the interests of the JoeBama ideology; but watch for Biden to move activist DC District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson (50), twenty years Garland’s junior, into the DC Circuit Appeals Court role.

Despite her known activist ideology, Judge Kentanji Brown-Jackson will likely achieve senate confirmation without issue for the circuit court role. Soon thereafter Supreme Court Justice Stephen Bryer announces his departure, and Judge Brown-Jackson is quickly nominated as Bryer’s replacement.

Having passed senate confirmation recently, activist Judge Kentaji Brown Jackson -a black female who checks all the boxes- is then positioned to avoid senate challenge and will move swiftly through the SCOTUS confirmation process.

It is a typically Obama-esque play. As a stand alone nomination for SCOTUS she would be a radical pick; Justice Brown-Jackson is a known activist in the DC District Court; however, with this maneuver she could get through nomination easier and then sit on the highest court for thirty years
I don't understand the "Obama-esque play" comment. What's so odd about putting a future SCOTUS pick into a higher federal court, and then when a SCOTUS spot opens up, moving that person into the open spot? Especially when your party controls the Senate? Seems to be routine to me.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:43 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:08 am

It was something about her being far left. McConnel says it's about dark money.
OK, Lindsey. Not far enough left for you to vote to confirm her for the DC Circuit, nut too far left for SCOTUS. Did I get that right? :roll:
Lindsey is fickle gentlelady.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:27 am

:lol: :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:56 am Conservative Treehouse makes right prediction back in Jan 2021.

May she live 100 years. All praise be upon notorious KBJ. :notworthy:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:14 pm

She can’t do any worse than Sotominor. So KBJ starts with a low bar.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:26 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:14 pm

As long as Boofin' B is there she'll always tower over at least one :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:40 am
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:26 pm

Who? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:22 am

Kagan
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

B = Breyer?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Brett "Have you boofed today?" Kavanaugh :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
houndawg wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:40 am As long as Boofin' B is there she'll always tower over at least one :coffee:
It’s a reference from the Boof Truthers

They are a small group of cranks and fools consisting of just two people

Sheldon Whitehouse and Houndawg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Baldy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:34 am

Kagan
:rofl: :notworthy:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Tucker Carlson just lost all cred by demanding to see Jackson's LSAT scores. The lady graduated from Harvard and Harvard Law School, passed the bar, served as an attorney for several years, clerked for several judges, and then served as a District Court judge for several years before becoming a Court of Appeals judge last year. Carlson has nothing better than a BA and a questionable career as a political commentator.

I have no idea what Jackson's political persuasion is, but for this white guy with no legal cred whatsoever to question her credentials is at least sexist, and quite possibly racist as well. It evokes memories of the idiot men who questioned Dr. Biden's degrees with no rationale that could stand up to logic. It was all political then, and it's all political now. And it's disgusting in my book. The same people who do this to Dr. Biden and Judge Jackson will do the same thing to Dr. Mayim Bialik and Dr. Danica McKellar, writing them both off as mere actresses, and not scientists and mathematicians. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to write off Dr. Brian May as a mere "musician." It's elitist and disgusting, in my book....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rol ... p_catchall

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:05 pm Tucker Carlson just lost all cred by demanding to see Jackson's LSAT scores. The lady graduated from Harvard and Harvard Law School, passed the bar, served as an attorney for several years, clerked for several judges, and then served as a District Court judge for several years before becoming a Court of Appeals judge last year. Carlson has nothing better than a BA and a questionable career as a political commentator.

I have no idea what Jackson's political persuasion is, but for this white guy with no legal cred whatsoever to question her credentials is at least sexist, and quite possibly racist as well. It evokes memories of the idiot men who questioned Dr. Biden's degrees with no rationale that could stand up to logic. It was all political then, and it's all political now. And it's disgusting in my book. The same people who do this to Dr. Biden and Judge Jackson will do the same thing to Dr. Mayim Bialik and Dr. Danica McKellar, writing them both off as mere actresses, and not scientists and mathematicians. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to write off Dr. Brian May as a mere "musician." It's elitist and disgusting, in my book....

Here’s a news flash for you: it’s all political.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:05 pm Tucker Carlson just lost all cred by demanding to see Jackson's LSAT scores. The lady graduated from Harvard and Harvard Law School, passed the bar, served as an attorney for several years, clerked for several judges, and then served as a District Court judge for several years before becoming a Court of Appeals judge last year. Carlson has nothing better than a BA and a questionable career as a political commentator.

A nominee's LSAT scores matter about as much as a nominee's high school yearbook. They created the rules, now here we are.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Then you haven’t been paying attention.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

BDK: My point is that questioning politics and questioning qualifications are two entirely different things. Questioning politics is just that: politics. But questioning long-since proven academic and skill qualifications is insulting at best and in this case sexist at the very least and racist at the worst...and it's even worse when such questions are used to cover up political opposition.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:05 pm Tucker Carlson just lost all cred by demanding to see Jackson's LSAT scores. The lady graduated from Harvard and Harvard Law School, passed the bar, served as an attorney for several years, clerked for several judges, and then served as a District Court judge for several years before becoming a Court of Appeals judge last year.
WGAF? Sotomayor graduated summa cum laude from Princeton, law degree from Yale, editor of Yale’s law journal, passed the bar, was a judge, and look how she’s turned out on the court.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:47 pm BDK: My point is that questioning politics and questioning qualifications are two entirely different things. Questioning politics is just that: politics. But questioning long-since proven academic and skill qualifications is insulting at best and in this case sexist at the very least and racist at the worst...and it's even worse when such questions are used to cover up political opposition.
Proven my ass.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

You should never cite “Dr. Biden” in any argument about professional qualifications. She got her doctorate from Delaware’s biggest diploma mill. She’s a living refutation of JSO’s idiotic argument that America’s electorate should be limited to those with advanced degrees. Carry on…