25%

Total votes: 20

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Supreme Court Poll

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote:Tucker Carlson just lost all cred by demanding to see Jackson's LSAT scores. The lady graduated from Harvard and Harvard Law School, passed the bar, served as an attorney for several years, clerked for several judges, and then served as a District Court judge for several years before becoming a Court of Appeals judge last year. Carlson has nothing better than a BA and a questionable career as a political commentator.

I have no idea what Jackson's political persuasion is, but for this white guy with no legal cred whatsoever to question her credentials is at least sexist, and quite possibly racist as well. It evokes memories of the idiot men who questioned Dr. Biden's degrees with no rationale that could stand up to logic. It was all political then, and it's all political now. And it's disgusting in my book. The same people who do this to Dr. Biden and Judge Jackson will do the same thing to Dr. Mayim Bialik and Dr. Danica McKellar, writing them both off as mere actresses, and not scientists and mathematicians. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to write off Dr. Brian May as a mere "musician." It's elitist and disgusting, in my book....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rol ... p_catchall
Tucker Carlson and credibility are like oil and water, they don't go together.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:24 am
SuperHornet wrote:Tucker Carlson just lost all cred by demanding to see Jackson's LSAT scores. The lady graduated from Harvard and Harvard Law School, passed the bar, served as an attorney for several years, clerked for several judges, and then served as a District Court judge for several years before becoming a Court of Appeals judge last year. Carlson has nothing better than a BA and a questionable career as a political commentator.

I have no idea what Jackson's political persuasion is, but for this white guy with no legal cred whatsoever to question her credentials is at least sexist, and quite possibly racist as well. It evokes memories of the idiot men who questioned Dr. Biden's degrees with no rationale that could stand up to logic. It was all political then, and it's all political now. And it's disgusting in my book. The same people who do this to Dr. Biden and Judge Jackson will do the same thing to Dr. Mayim Bialik and Dr. Danica McKellar, writing them both off as mere actresses, and not scientists and mathematicians. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to write off Dr. Brian May as a mere "musician." It's elitist and disgusting, in my book....

Tucker Carlson and credibility are like oil and water, they don't go together.

lol...i had the same thought when i read the post. Tucker Carlson hasn't had cred for quite some time....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:38 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:24 am Tucker Carlson and credibility are like oil and water, they don't go together.

lol...i had the same thought when i read the post. Tucker Carlson hasn't had cred for quite some time....
He lost it when he stopped wearing a bowtie :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:21 am

So did Raul
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:23 pm

So did Raul
There's just something disconnected about a guy talking tough while wearing a bowtie
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:23 pm

So did Raul
Just now seeing this...is that all it takes? A bowtie? :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I thought this was a good philosophy for a judge to have and something for other people to keep in mind when we ask why any lawyer would defend a known criminal (or someone who allegedly committed a crime)
"As a judge who has to decide how to handle these cases, I know it's important to have arguments from both sides, to have competent counsel and it doesn't mean that lawyers condone the behavior of their clients. They're making arguments on behalf of their clients, in defense of the Constitution and in service of the court. And it is a service." ~Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://nypost.com/2022/03/23/sen-black ... -of-woman/

Teacher: Billy, can you tell me what 2+2 is?

Billy: I dunno, I'm not a mathematician.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:24 am Tucker Carlson and credibility are like oil and water, they don't go together.
He's a political commentator. Did anyone think he was a credible journalist?

That said, when a POTUS says he is going to nominate a black woman instead of saying he's going to nominate the best person... IMO that opens up the discussion a little.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:04 am

That said, when a POTUS says he is going to nominate a black woman instead of saying he's going to nominate the best person... IMO that opens up the discussion a little.
It's democratic pandering to get the votes.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:08 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:04 am

It is. And my guess is this woman is very qualified (I'm about as far from a legal scholar as they come), but I still can't believe there is anyone who thinks it's OK to base nominations on race and sex.

To be quite honest, he SHOULD have publicly said he was going to nominate the best PERSON and then gone ahead and nominated her. IMO that looks MUCH better for EVERYONE involved.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:11 am
It is. And my guess is this woman is very qualified (I'm about as far from a legal scholar as they come), but I still can't believe there is anyone who thinks it's OK to base nominations on race and sex.

To be quite honest, he SHOULD have publicly said he was going to nominate the best PERSON and then gone ahead and nominated her. IMO that looks MUCH better for EVERYONE involved.
:nod: I don't disagree with you. Our entire government, while never perfect, has been transforming from a meritocracy to a kakistocracy in breakneck speeds over the past 20 years or so. :twocents:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

After hearing some key parts of the confirmation testimony, I’m happy with the nominee. She hit on some important conservative Constitutional principles, and she appears to have good judicial temperament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I was beating the same drum in the SCOTUS thread..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:19 am

:nod: I don't disagree with you. Our entire government, while never perfect, has been transforming from a meritocracy to a kakistocracy in breakneck speeds over the past 20 years or so. :twocents:
I had to look that one up. And that is true about our govt, and a good way to describe it. Its not often that I get a new vocabulary word on here that I will often use in the future. Thanks. :thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Has anyone asked her about the parties she attended in high school, and if she likes beer?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:09 am Has anyone asked her about the parties she attended in high school, and if she likes beer?
:lol: If she gets very animated and angry over it, the Republicans will love that!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:08 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:19 am
I had to look that one up. And that is true about our govt, and a good way to describe it. Its not often that I get a new vocabulary word on here that I will often use in the future. Thanks. :thumb:
:nod: You're welcome. :thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:Has anyone asked her about the parties she attended in high school, and if she likes beer?
So you want Republicans to act like fucking children just because the Democrats did?

The only way to rise above the childishness is to ignore it and set a better example.

Kavanaugh is on the SCOTUS so all they accomplished was to smear themselves.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:23 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:08 am
:nod: You're welcome. :thumb:
I wouldn’t have expected such a high fallutin word to come from a CCU grad. :mrgreen:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:24 pm
BDKJMU wrote:Has anyone asked her about the parties she attended in high school, and if she likes beer?
So you want Republicans to act like fucking children just because the Democrats did?

The only way to rise above the childishness is to ignore it and set a better example.

I was just trying to be funny. :?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:24 pm

Yes. Play by their rules. Taking the high road to "rise above" is a losers strategy.

The discussions on her light pedo sentencing was fair game. She'll be confirmed nonetheless.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:05 pm Tucker Carlson just lost all cred by demanding to see Jackson's LSAT scores. The lady graduated from Harvard and Harvard Law School, passed the bar, served as an attorney for several years, clerked for several judges, and then served as a District Court judge for several years before becoming a Court of Appeals judge last year. Carlson has nothing better than a BA and a questionable career as a political commentator.

Let's be real here, Biden did KBJ a big disservice by publicly promising to put a "woman of cullah" on the Supreme Court. The social justice crowd can act like "equity" is really just anti-discrimination doctrine instead of using what happened to people's ancestors as a proxy for presdent-day privilege but thinking people know that's garbage so it was inevitably going to be controversial. It's a shame that she'll have that cloud over head as long as she's there because if there's one "affirmative action" justice it's the "Wise Latina".
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:48 am https://nypost.com/2022/03/23/sen-black ... -of-woman/

Teacher: Billy, can you tell me what 2+2 is?

Billy: I dunno, I'm not a mathematician.
Lol, if that isn’t telling.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:24 pm So you want Republicans to act like fucking children just because the Democrats did?

Yes. Play by their rules. Taking the high road to "rise above" is a losers strategy.

The discussions on her light pedo sentencing was fair game. She'll be confirmed nonetheless.
If their rules are wrong, then playing by them is also wrong.

Our political landscape is increasingly shaped by the independent voters who are not ideologically locked into one party or the other. The Dems’ behavior did not hurt them at all with their base voters but it certainly hurt them with independents. That is one reason we saw the GOP perform so unexpectedly well down ballot in the last election.