Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by UNI88 »

Trump Endorses Pedophile

I'm confused, I thought trump was protecting us from these kinds of satanic, pedophile elected officials. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:44 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:59 am

:roll:

Her political career is not over - you gotta be the most out-of-touch person on this forum
Of course her political career is over. At least a successful one. Republicans won't support her because she voted against Trump. Democrats won't support her because she voted to support the Trump agenda over 90% of the time.
Another sign that what’s remaining of the Republican Party is now a cult.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:18 am
Of course her political career is over. At least a successful one. Republicans won't support her because she voted against Trump. Democrats won't support her because she voted to support the Trump agenda over 90% of the time.
There is some truth to that.

One of the most interesting things about the cult of trump is that it has spawned a reactionary cult on the left that is as blinded by their hatred for all things trump as the cult of trump is blind to his bullsh!t.

The country would be better off if trump would go away so (hopefully) members of both of these cults could come to their senses.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:45 pm Which is interesting, because Cheney’s witch hunt was completely personal. He said mean things about her dad, and she made it her goal in life to make sure he never saw the White House again. Literally sacrificed her political career to attempt to accomplish a personal vendetta.

Her political career is not over - you gotta be the most out-of-touch person on this forum
If you think she could get elected to anything now in WY or nationally you are fooking delusional :dunce: :lol: Which means outside of getting a gig on CNN or MSDNC, her political career is over.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Yep.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:39 am

One of the most interesting things about the cult of trump is that it has spawned a reactionary cult on the left that is as blinded by their hatred for all things trump as the cult of trump is blind to his bullsh!t.

The country would be better off if trump would go away so (hopefully) members of both of these cults could come to their senses.
I’m not sure never Trumpers are an example of cult behavior. Regardless, that group also includes many on the right.

Much of the imaging problem for the R’s right now isn’t just Trump, it’s the politicians who openly support him.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:09 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:39 am

I’m not sure never Trumpers are an example of cult behavior. Regardless, that group also includes many on the right.

Much of the imaging problem for the R’s right now isn’t just Trump, it’s the politicians who openly support him.
The reactionary cult isn't just made up of Trumpers, it includes pseudo progressives and illiberals. The people that believe trump is a fascist, that the American republic was on the verge of extinction on January 6, that the ends justify the means when it comes to getting rid of trump.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:13 am
kalm wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:09 am

The reactionary cult isn't just made up of Trumpers, it includes pseudo progressives and illiberals. The people that believe trump is a fascist, that the American republic was on the verge of extinction on January 6, that the ends justify the means when it comes to getting rid of trump.
If being anti fascist is considered a cult…color means cultish. :mrgreen:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:11 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:13 am

You’re only antifascist if Trump IS, in fact, a fascist. Which he is not. Thus your point is moot.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:07 pm

You’re only antifascist if Trump IS, in fact, a fascist. Which he is not. Thus your point is moot.
Another example among many:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

If that isn’t the pot calling the kettle black, considering that the bulk of the democrat party is a cult, worshipping at the climatology, and woke trans ideology, altars..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:44 pm

That includes respondents from the left and right, answering in the affirmative for different reasons..
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think that he is indeed a fascist if you go with this definition of facism from https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fascism:
a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
I think that is definitely what Trump wants, with him as the dictator.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:33 pm

I think that he is indeed a fascist if you go with this definition of facism from https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fascism:
a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
This is why former pseudo-republicans who think like you, Liz and Dick Cheney, SE Cupp, the idiots at the Pedo Project, Bulwark, etc. are so unstable and dangerous to society.

Instead of showing common sense by being principled in your beliefs and being anti-Trump (the two certainly aren't mutually exclusive), you sold your souls to the ghouls on the Left.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Baldy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:54 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:33 pm

This is why former pseudo-republicans who think like you, Liz and Dick Cheney, SE Cupp, the idiots at the Pedo Project, Bulwark, etc. are so unstable and dangerous to society.

Instead of showing common sense by being principled in your beliefs and being anti-Trump (the two certainly aren't mutually exclusive), you sold your souls to the ghouls on the Left.
Not to mention completely bought into the hand wringing, rosary-bead clinging conspiracy theorists’ belief that the country was on the fucking BRINK of being destroyed and would most certainly have been if Trump had been reelected. :rofl: :rofl:

Honestly, he sounds JUST like a couple of my sisters and their kids. Talk about “unstable”.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

If that makes the pro Trump folks a cult, then doesn't that, for the same reasons, make the anti Trump folks a cult?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

TheDancinMonarch wrote:
kalm wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:18 am Another sign that what’s remaining of the Republican Party is now a cult.
If that makes the pro Trump folks a cult, then doesn't that, for the same reasons, make the anti Trump folks a cult?
Yep, they're both cult-like.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:13 pm

Cults are typically driven by a religious and/or strong leader belief system.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:10 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:44 pm

That includes respondents from the left and right, answering in the affirmative for different reasons..
So the majority of Republicans who believe the election was stolen are really just concerned about Democracy?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

More RINO musings…

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:02 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:10 pm
So the majority of Republicans who believe the election was stolen are really just concerned about Democracy?
Yes. Thought that was pretty clear. How, exactly, can you have a functioning democracy if you have zero faith in the election process? :dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:20 am

Yes. Thought that was pretty clear. How, exactly, can you have a functioning democracy if you have zero faith in the election process? :dunce:
Oh.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

And you can only have faith in the process if you win :dunce:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:47 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 pm
Real leadership isn't about always voting according to the will of your constituents. Sometimes what your constituents want might not be the right thing. Real leadership is having the wisdom to recognize when that is true and the courage to do the right thing.
Bingo. The sad thing about the Cheney situation is she is exactly the kind of person we need in politics. She is principled and she will not sacrifice her principles just to get elected. She did what all politicians should do. She staked out her positions based on what she believes is right (and IS right) and she said that if people want to vote against her for that it is what it is.

Liz Cheney is a conservative's conservative. But she refused to go along with lying to people. Wyoming's Republicans decided they would rather have someone who lies to them.
The sad thing is that she's what passes for the kind of person we need in politics now. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:25 pm

And you can only have faith in the process if you win :dunce:
Indeed. The Dems have been decrying the process for years now - 2000, 2004, 2016 - all years where the process failed (and coincidentally they lost). Electoral college, the Constitution, etc, all things that to those folks, especially those who voted in Congress to void the election results, think are part of a failed process. No one likes to lose apparently.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation