Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:56 am
Baldy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:00 am
If the roles were reversed, it would have been off of CNN's chyron by the second day and the media would have long since memory holed it by now.
It would have made Kalm's role of making the riot out to be no big deal a lot easier.

Tucker and Fox News would have been calling it the greatest threat to the republic since Ft. Sumter.
I don't disagree. Tucker is insufferable.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

All right. What asshole gave it a 10?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:16 pm All right. What asshole gave it a 10?
You know that was JSO. Come on…
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:43 pm
You know that was JSO. Come on…
Could’ve been dback or analjelly. Round up the usual suspects.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:48 pm That stuff...what's underneath the manifestation we saw on January 6...is a 10.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:00 am
If the roles were reversed, it would have been off of CNN's chyron by the second day and the media would have long since memory holed it by now.
It would have made Kalm's role of making the riot out to be no big deal a lot easier.

Tucker and Fox News would have been calling it the greatest threat to the republic since Ft. Sumter.
I called out the BLM riots. I don’t even recall saying ‘Both sides do it!’ either…. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:20 am
kalm wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:04 am

We don’t know enough to make that claim yet. But there were a hell of a lot of coincidences. From the Meadows take to the Willard Hotel command center to Flynn calling for Marshall Law. :suspicious: :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... yVrWHh538U

If you believe Peter Navarro’s interview on MSNBC the riot got in the way of a perfectly fine rendition of the “Green Bay Sweep”. :?

If this were a Democratic conspiracy you guys would be screaming from the roof tops and keeping your powder dry. :nod:
"The Guardian" :lol:
:lol:

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:06 pm
Baldy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:20 am
"The Guardian" :lol:

If anything, you're predictable. :nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:04 pm

I called out the BLM riots. I don’t even recall saying ‘Both sides do it!’ either…. :lol:
Why are you bringing up the BLM riots? Baldy stated "If the roles were reversed ..." so the scenario is what would happen if Biden lost and the ctrl-left occupied the Capitol. The MSM would drop it within days and you would poo-poo by saying you were against it but it wasn't that big of a deal anytime Baldy or someone else on CS brought it up.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:43 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:48 pm That stuff...what's underneath the manifestation we saw on January 6...is a 10.
Serves me right. I no longer read anything he posts.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:37 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:32 pm I went 3. It's a considerable event that still has a lot of unanswered questions around it (releasing all the tape would answer most of those questions), but it's not the end of democracy the msm wants us to believe.
If that cop hadn't shot the AF vet, how "considerable" would you consider the event then? Because they sure as hell didn't consider the occupation of AOC's office for 10 days an "insurrection" and this thing was over in about 4 hours.
Off-duty white supremacist cops and on-duty white supremacist cops beating the fuck out of each other and their white supremacist friends..... what's to care about?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:46 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:31 pm BTW, with respect to Tucker Carlson's humiliation of Ted Cruz, I think that what happened on January 6, 2020 does meet the definition of "terrorism."

Here is a link to the US Code definition: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2331

I think that what happened on January 6, 2020, clearly fits into B.ii and possibly into b.iii. It was terrorism. Tucker Carlson, by saying what Cruz said previously was a lie, was full of shit. As usual.
By that definition every single BLM and ANTIFA riot was domestic terrorism as well, yet you’re not on here crowing about those….and they’ve done 100x the damage and caused 20x the deaths.
send me some of what you're smoking... :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:28 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:37 pm

If that cop hadn't shot the AF vet, how "considerable" would you consider the event then? Because they sure as hell didn't consider the occupation of AOC's office for 10 days an "insurrection" and this thing was over in about 4 hours.
Off-duty white supremacist cops and on-duty white supremacist cops beating the fuck out of each other and their white supremacist friends..... what's to care about?
Spoken like a true self loathing, white liberal…
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:34 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:46 pm

By that definition every single BLM and ANTIFA riot was domestic terrorism as well, yet you’re not on here crowing about those….and they’ve done 100x the damage and caused 20x the deaths.
send me some of what you're smoking... :rofl:
I’m smoking facts. Over $2 billion in damage (compared to $150 million in DC on 1/6), and 20 deaths associated with the continuous rioting of BLM/ANTIFA versus the one death on 1/6.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:50 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:28 pm

Spoken like a true self loathing, white liberal…
you seem a little peevish tonight.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:50 pm

Why are you bringing up the BLM riots? Baldy stated "If the roles were reversed ..." so the scenario is what would happen if Biden lost and the ctrl-left occupied the Capitol. The MSM would drop it within days and you would poo-poo by saying you were against it but it wasn't that big of a deal anytime Baldy or someone else on CS brought it up.
Oh…sorry…I get my centrist comparisons confused sometimes…

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:09 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:06 pm

Hey look! Glenn Greenwald in now an acceptable source! :lol:

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:54 am
Baldy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:09 pm

Yes he is. I also notice that he hasn't been your go-to for a very long time. :?

BTW, you're going to really love his latest piece. I'll post it in this thread just for you. :rofl:

The Histrionics and Melodrama Around 1/6 Are Laughable, but They Serve Several Key Purposes
The number of people killed by pro-Trump supporters at the January 6 Capitol riot is equal to the number of pro-Trump supporters who brandished guns or knives inside the Capitol. That is the same number as the total of Americans who — after a full year of a Democrat-led DOJ conducting what is heralded as “the most expansive federal law enforcement investigation in US history” — have been charged with inciting insurrection, sedition, treason or conspiracy to overthrow the government as a result of that riot one year ago. Coincidentally, it is the same number as Americans who ended up being criminally charged by the Mueller probe of conspiring with Russia over the 2016 election, and the number of wounds — grave or light — which AOC, who finally emerged at night to assure an on-edge nation that she was “okay" while waiting in an office building away from the riot at the rotunda, sustained on that solemn day.

That number is zero. But just as these rather crucial facts do not prevent the dominant wing of the U.S. corporate media and Democratic Party leaders from continuing to insist that Donald Trump's 2016 election victory was illegitimate due to his collusion with the Kremlin, it also does not prevent January 6 from being widely described in those same circles as an Insurrection, an attempted coup, an event as traumatizing as Pearl Harbor (2,403 dead) or the 9/11 attack (2,977 dead), and as the gravest attack on American democracy since the mid-19th Century Civil War (750,000 dead). The Huffington Post's White House reporter S.V. Date said that it was wrong to compare 1/6 to 9/11, because the former — the three-hour riot at the Capitol — was “1,000 percent worse.”

Indeed, when it comes to melodrama, histrionics, and exploitation of fear levels from the 1/6 riot, there has never been any apparent limit. And today — the one-year anniversary of that three-hour riot — there is no apparent end in sight. Too many political and media elites are far too vested in this maximalist narrative for them to relinquish it voluntarily.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:04 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:54 am

Yes he is. I also notice that he hasn't been your go-to for a very long time. :?

BTW, you're going to really love his latest piece. I'll post it in this thread just for you. :rofl:

The Histrionics and Melodrama Around 1/6 Are Laughable, but They Serve Several Key Purposes
The number of people killed by pro-Trump supporters at the January 6 Capitol riot is equal to the number of pro-Trump supporters who brandished guns or knives inside the Capitol. That is the same number as the total of Americans who — after a full year of a Democrat-led DOJ conducting what is heralded as “the most expansive federal law enforcement investigation in US history” — have been charged with inciting insurrection, sedition, treason or conspiracy to overthrow the government as a result of that riot one year ago. Coincidentally, it is the same number as Americans who ended up being criminally charged by the Mueller probe of conspiring with Russia over the 2016 election, and the number of wounds — grave or light — which AOC, who finally emerged at night to assure an on-edge nation that she was “okay" while waiting in an office building away from the riot at the rotunda, sustained on that solemn day.

That number is zero. But just as these rather crucial facts do not prevent the dominant wing of the U.S. corporate media and Democratic Party leaders from continuing to insist that Donald Trump's 2016 election victory was illegitimate due to his collusion with the Kremlin, it also does not prevent January 6 from being widely described in those same circles as an Insurrection, an attempted coup, an event as traumatizing as Pearl Harbor (2,403 dead) or the 9/11 attack (2,977 dead), and as the gravest attack on American democracy since the mid-19th Century Civil War (750,000 dead). The Huffington Post's White House reporter S.V. Date said that it was wrong to compare 1/6 to 9/11, because the former — the three-hour riot at the Capitol — was “1,000 percent worse.”

Indeed, when it comes to melodrama, histrionics, and exploitation of fear levels from the 1/6 riot, there has never been any apparent limit. And today — the one-year anniversary of that three-hour riot — there is no apparent end in sight. Too many political and media elites are far too vested in this maximalist narrative for them to relinquish it voluntarily.
Yep. Greeneald nails it. :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:50 pm

Actually, MSM would have been lockstep with the ctrl-left and been championing for them to burn DC to the ground, just like they have several major cities across America over the past 2 years all with the MSM’s well wishes.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:50 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:48 pm

She was attempting to enter a government building by force during a riot. She fucked around and found out.
Ok so you agree hundreds of BLANTIFA in Portland should have been shot by the police last yr. Because hundreds of them tried to enter a govt fed building/courthouse by force.
They've should been arrested, tried and punished. Just like the MAGAts that attacked the US Capital. That's been my position since the very beginning.

You have a right to PEACEFULLY assemble. Once you engage in the opposite of that, IMHO, you forfeit any protection of that right.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:51 pm
89Hen wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:49 pm If you've never seen this Twitter account, it's worth a look....

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok
They pump out some quality shit. :nod: :lol:
That tweet of the homeless in tents during the DC blizzard last week with "Our House" playing is stone cold fucked up...

And hilarious.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:33 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:50 pm
Ok so you agree hundreds of BLANTIFA in Portland should have been shot by the police last yr. Because hundreds of them tried to enter a govt fed building/courthouse by force.
They've should been arrested, tried and punished. Just like the MAGAts that attacked the US Capital. That's been my position since the very beginning.

You have a right to PEACEFULLY assemble. Once you engage in the opposite of that, IMHO, you forfeit any protection of that right.
Now you’re flip flopping.
Before you said
attempting to enter a government building by force during a riot
justified her being shot.

Now your saying in regards to BLANTIFA ‘attempting to enter a govt building by force during a riot’
should been arrested, tried and punished.
as opposed to being all shot.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

93henfan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:35 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:51 pm

They pump out some quality shit. :nod: :lol:
That tweet of the homeless in tents during the DC blizzard last week with "Our House" playing is stone cold fucked up...

And hilarious.
The person who runs LibsofTikTok is actually a chick.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:43 pm
Ibanez wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:33 pm

Now you’re flip flopping.
Before you said
attempting to enter a government building by force during a riot
justified her being shot.

Now your saying in regards to BLANTIFA ‘attempting to enter a govt building by force during a riot’
should been arrested, tried and punished.
as opposed to being all shot.
I would say being shot by police is punishment for breaking the law.

Besides, i'm not flip-flopping, at best you can argue inconsistent but only in a very nit-picky way. But not really, b/c I believe we should arrest, try and punish anyone that involved in the mayhem that occurred on Jan 6.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17