Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:01 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:56 pm

You should be more careful which "experts" you listen to. :coffee:
Damn you are :dunce: because you clearly can’t remember what you said. :lol: You said ‘everybody’ knew it from the beginning. You said nothing about experts. And the head of the CDC was considered an expert by the left.
I knew it from the beginning, (and I should have qualified as "everybody with at least one firing synapse") and I was watching the same scientists everybody else was and they were crystal clear that the purpose of the vaccine was to ameliorate the effects not prevent them. Show us a real quote from a real virologist saying that vaccines are 100% effective preventing infection. Shit, we argued this exact question at the beginning of the pandemic right here.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:41 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:30 am
Everybody knows that and has known it from the jump. :coffee:
WRONG.
We know biden said something like that but do you have links/proof that fauxi and the CDC said what TomBayou tweeted? I believe him as much as you believe DeShone Kizer.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:11 pm
WRONG.
We know biden said something like that but do you have links/proof that fauxi and the CDC said what TomBayou tweeted? I believe him as much as you believe DeShone Kizer.
Vaccines don’t prevent people from getting infected?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

WRONG.
We know biden said something like that but do you have links/proof that fauxi and the CDC said what TomBayou tweeted?
If you listen to advice from politicians on matters of virology you don't get to blame them if the advice is wrong.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:14 pm

We know biden said something like that but do you have links/proof that fauxi and the CDC said what TomBayou tweeted?
If you listen to advice from politicians on matters of virology you don't get to blame them if the advice is wrong.
So Trump gets excused now for the out loud thought of injecting bleach? :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:45 pm

Absolutely - I knew it was bullshit the moment I heard it
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:29 am
clenz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:10 am Whoever sets her tweets up in TweetDeck fucked the scheduling up.

Kinda funny

Btu also anyone who supports trump talking about "Haley lost it" when Trump posts like he does? Delusional brain rotted fucks
Lol Trump never posted anywhere remotely close to 26 tweets in 40 min. Anyone who would do that is a stupid fuck.
Trumped posted 71 times on Easter Morning

Only one was about Easter and it simply said "Happy Easter"

He also posted that he is the chosen one sent and blessed by "God"

I guess he is a stupid fuck by your logic
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:45 pm

Yes. And shining UV light up your ass
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

clenz wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:01 am
Lol Trump never posted anywhere remotely close to 26 tweets in 40 min. Anyone who would do that is a stupid fuck.

As any christian would. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

He's not full of himself in the least.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Probably not the best topic for a trump supporter to bring up ...

Trump's all-caps, high-octane rage posting is even more intense than it was during his 2016 campaign: report
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:48 am

Trump's all-caps, high-octane rage posting is even more intense than it was during his 2016 campaign: report
I've never been on that twitter-X-like site before. Quick question, does anyone here go on that site or have the app on their phone? Any chance the only members of that site are Donald, some of his family (I could see Don Jr, but I doubt Melania is on it), and then a couple thousand journalists who are following him. The guy's a nut.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Wow, 760 in 487 days. About 1.5 posts a day over 16 months. What a torrid pace. :roll: Most of us still regularly here are averaging a lot more than 1.5 posts a day.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:31 pm

I've never been on that twitter-X-like site before. Quick question, does anyone here go on that site or have the app on their phone? Any chance the only members of that site are Donald, some of his family (I could see Don Jr, but I doubt Melania is on it), and then a couple thousand journalists who are following him. The guy's a nut.
Huh :suspicious: He’s got almost 7 million followers.
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump
While not as many as he had on twatter, not an insignificant #. Much better for him to be on Truth than X. Most of the MSM & avid social media Trump haters tbat are big on X are too lazy to follow him on that eww icky right wing conservative Truth site, so Trump can get his message out to his base without getting himself into as much trouble as he did on Twitter.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:07 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:31 pm

Huh :suspicious: He’s got almost 7 million followers.
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump
While not as many as he had on twatter, not an insignificant #. Much better for him to be on Truth than X. Most of the MSM & avid social media Trump haters tbat are big on X are too lazy to follow him on that eww icky right wing conservative Truth site, so Trump can get his FAKE NEWS out to his base without getting himself into as much trouble as he did on Twitter.
FYP ;)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:59 pm

Wow, 760 in 487 days. About 1.5 posts a day over 16 months. What a torrid pace. :roll: Most of us still regularly here are averaging a lot more than 1.5 posts a day.
It reported that between June 2015 and March 2016, the president posted an average of 18 times a day on Twitter, and during his current campaign, which began in November 2022, he'd been posting roughly 29 times a day on Truth Social.
We can always count on BDKKKaren to try to shift the focus to one inconsequential detail to distract attention.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Trump Bruised by Another Brutal Haley Protest Vote in Pennsylvania Primary
Donald Trump may well have had the Republican nomination in the bag for weeks now, but legions of GOP voters are still apparently unable to stomach the idea of casting their ballots for him.

The former president was given another reminder of the scale of his problem on Tuesday with the Pennsylvania primary. Nikki Haley, who axed her own campaign over a month ago, managed to take 16.5 percent of the vote.

Trump, the only candidate still actually running, therefore easily won the primary with 83.5 percent, according to the Associated Press. But the problem for Trump is that Haley’s 16.5 percent amounts to more than 155,000 votes. In other words, 155,000 Republicans chose to support a defunct campaign instead of Trump in a key battleground state where, in 2016, he beat Hillary Clinton by fewer than 45,000 votes.

The result is part of a pattern that has played out across the primary season, with Trump winning by large margins but facing potentially concerning protest votes. Haley took over 10 percent of the vote in GOP primaries held earlier this month in Wisconsin, Rhode Island, New York, and Connecticut. It’s not yet clear how many of those voting for the former South Carolina governor will actually fall in behind Trump when it’s a straight choice between him and President Joe Biden come November.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Shoot, I forgot the PA primary was yesterday.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:35 am

Trump Bruised by Another Brutal Haley Protest Vote in Pennsylvania Primary
Donald Trump may well have had the Republican nomination in the bag for weeks now, but legions of GOP voters are still apparently unable to stomach the idea of casting their ballots for him.

The former president was given another reminder of the scale of his problem on Tuesday with the Pennsylvania primary. Nikki Haley, who axed her own campaign over a month ago, managed to take 16.5 percent of the vote.

Trump, the only candidate still actually running, therefore easily won the primary with 83.5 percent, according to the Associated Press. But the problem for Trump is that Haley’s 16.5 percent amounts to more than 155,000 votes. In other words, 155,000 Republicans chose to support a defunct campaign instead of Trump in a key battleground state where, in 2016, he beat Hillary Clinton by fewer than 45,000 votes.

The result is part of a pattern that has played out across the primary season, with Trump winning by large margins but facing potentially concerning protest votes. Haley took over 10 percent of the vote in GOP primaries held earlier this month in Wisconsin, Rhode Island, New York, and Connecticut. It’s not yet clear how many of those voting for the former South Carolina governor will actually fall in behind Trump when it’s a straight choice between him and President Joe Biden come November.
Living in PA, I wouldn't take much from this. Very few people were talking about the primary, and it was pretty low turnout. Everything had already been decided so it's not like these were very consequential primary races. And while Trump did only end up with 83% of the vote on the GOP side, at least the other person on the ticket, Haley, was pretty well known despite no longer actively running. On the Democratic side, where I voted (still registered Democrat from the 2020 primaries onward), Biden only pulled in 93% of the vote. Some guy (I think) named Phillips was also on the Democratic ballot and he managed 7% of the vote (including mine) without anyone even knowing who he was. There was no "uncommitted" option in PA like there had been in other votes to lodge a protest against Biden.

The biggest impact on the race in PA will be Kennedy being on the ballot as a third party candidate in the fall. He's far more likely to pull votes from Biden than he is from Trump, so an already tight race will be that much more volatile.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:06 am Shoot, I forgot the PA primary was yesterday.
The place we vote is right next to the vet we use. The dogs had an appointment yesterday, and we got done right before the polls closed. We walked in with about 3 minutes to go and the poll workers looked bummed that we were there. We passed a guy on the way in and he said they were closed. I chuckled, as clearly, by law, they couldn't be. Didn't feel bad voting, they still had plenty to do before they left anyway. Two more voters didn't overly burden them.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:21 pm
Living in PA, I wouldn't take much from this. Very few people were talking about the primary, and it was pretty low turnout. Everything had already been decided so it's not like these were very consequential primary races. And while Trump did only end up with 83% of the vote on the GOP side, at least the other person on the ticket, Haley, was pretty well known despite no longer actively running. On the Democratic side, where I voted (still registered Democrat from the 2020 primaries onward), Biden only pulled in 93% of the vote. Some guy (I think) named Phillips was also on the Democratic ballot and he managed 7% of the vote (including mine) without anyone even knowing who he was. There was no "uncommitted" option in PA like there had been in other votes to lodge a protest against Biden.

The biggest impact on the race in PA will be Kennedy being on the ballot as a third party candidate in the fall. He's far more likely to pull votes from Biden than he is from Trump, so an already tight race will be that much more volatile.
Stop being reasonable. You're sucking all of the fun out of being giddy with perceived verification of self-righteous beliefs. ;)