Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:02 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:47 pm Charles Barkley ...

And then he reportedly had 3 cases of Bud Light ready at the bar.
So if you don’t have a problem with trans but:
-you don’t acknowledge and treat it as truth (fail to acknowledge a man pretending to be a woman is a she, and vice versa).
-don’t want kids exposed given puberty blockers and put through gender mutilation
-don’t want boys/men to play girls/womens’ sports
Is it still f*** you?
Maybe the science is just too hard for MAGAt yahoos to understand but there is more to being trans then oversimplified biology (i.e. XX vs XY chromosomes). Stop Using Phony Science to Justify Transphobia

I don't think puberty blockers and surgery should be widely used but they are occasionally appropriate and I have a lot more faith in the parents and medical professionals making that decision than I am in a elected zealots in Floridastan like ron de Taliban.

I don't think it's fair competition in many sports for someone born and raised male to be able to compete against someone born and raised female. I also recognize that trans people already feel isolated and are more likely to suffer from depression, drug use and commit suicide. As someone who wants to be a good human being, I have compassion for them and want them find their place in the world and be happy. I believe that true Christians would have similar compassion.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:06 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:28 am This is ridiculous…

“If you don’t think public opinion matters, just ask Garth Brooks. Since that fateful day that he decided to call the majority of country :suspicious: music fans a-holes, his entire career has been in a tailspin.

According to our records, Brooks has lost all of the financing for his new club, been shunned from the Academy of Country Music, dropped by Capitol Records, and booed offstage at the iconic Texan festival at Hambriston.“

https://dunning-kruger-times.com/garth- ... n-outcast/
And he doesn’t expect to be shunned by the majority of his customer base after calling the majority of his customer assholes?.:suspicious: How pray tell is that ridiculous?
Because…
The Maine resident Christopher Blair, who runs the satirical website Dunning-Kruger-Times, ridiculed Abbott after the governor shared a fake article about country singer Garth Brooks being booed off a stage over his support of Bud Light.

“When I saw that, I was besides myself with joy,” Blair said in an interview with the Guardian.

“He’s one of the dumbest people in the country.”

On 25 June, Abbott responded to a story about Brooks being jeered by “patriots” over his calls for tolerance at the 123rd annual Texas Country Jamboree in the city of Hambriston.

But Hambriston is not a real city. The jamboree is also not a real event. The entire article was false, one of many written by Blair under the alias “Flagg Eagleton”.

Blair said that at one point he feared that it would be too obvious the article was fake. “As soon as I wrote the headline, I said to myself that it might be a little bit much,” Blair said. “But it wasn’t.”

Abbott still genuinely responded to the fake article from his personal Twitter account. “Go Woke. Go Broke,” Abbott wrote about the false story.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tid=Zxz2cZ

:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Woke White and the 7 Magical Creatures..
https://nypost.com/2023/07/17/disneys-l ... d-new-low/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

With the Round of 16 Loss, US Women's Soccer Players Pocket an Additional $4.4 Million Dollars That the Men Earned for Them
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

This is going to be interesting.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:29 pm With the Round of 16 Loss, US Women's Soccer Players Pocket an Additional $4.4 Million Dollars That the Men Earned for Them
What the players are paid isn’t based on revenue each side brings in? :suspicious: That goes right aling with it being a commie sport.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:29 pm With the Round of 16 Loss, US Women's Soccer Players Pocket an Additional $4.4 Million Dollars That the Men Earned for Them
The Women's team has been carrying the boys for years. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:41 pm
Wrong, because FIFA pays out nearly 15x for the mens' tournament than they do the womens'.
When the men's team advanced to the Round of 16, they also secured a payout of at least $13 million. An equal share of that money will go to the women's team — a windfall greater than any prize the women have won in their string of tournament successes...

....By watching the men advance, the women's team stands to gain more money than they were awarded for winning the two last women's World Cups.

In all, FIFA is doling out $440 million in prize money to the 32 men's teams at this year's tournament.

FIFA gave out $30 million in prize money for the 24 women's teams at the 2019 tournament — far shy of the $42 million the winning men's team will receive at the 2022 World Cup....
https://www.npr.org/2022/12/02/11404182 ... n-team-pay
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:24 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:41 pm

Wrong, because FIFA pays out nearly 15x for the mens' tournament than they do the womens'.
When the men's team advanced to the Round of 16, they also secured a payout of at least $13 million. An equal share of that money will go to the women's team — a windfall greater than any prize the women have won in their string of tournament successes...

....By watching the men advance, the women's team stands to gain more money than they were awarded for winning the two last women's World Cups.

In all, FIFA is doling out $440 million in prize money to the 32 men's teams at this year's tournament.

FIFA gave out $30 million in prize money for the 24 women's teams at the 2019 tournament — far shy of the $42 million the winning men's team will receive at the 2022 World Cup....
you miss the point again as usual. :ohno:

The women's team is vastly more popular in the US, and the world too; interest in the men's game has been increasing because of the women's performance internationally. FIFA pays what FIFA pays. Too bad the score didn't reflect the game but thay's the way it goes, Sweden's goalie was on fire
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:24 am

The women's team is vastly more popular in the US, and the world too; interest in the men's game has been increasing because of the women's performance internationally. FIFA pays what FIFA pays. Too bad the score didn't reflect the game but thay's the way it goes, Sweden's goalie was on fire
If they were more popular, they’d generate more revenue than the men. The more popular side would be the one generating more revenue. Men’s generates vastly more revenue even excluding FIFA $$:
USSF also says the men’s team generates more revenue. The women’s team generated $101.3 million over the course of 238 games between 2009 and 2019 while the men generated $185.7 million over 191 games, according to the federation.

The analysis did not include prize money for tournaments like the World Cup, because those funds are determined by FIFA, soccer’s international governing body, and not U.S. Soccer.
https://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/s ... e-than-men

Also looking at the mens’ and womens’ pro leagues avg 2022 attendance:
Mens’ MLS: 21,033
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_L ... attendance
Womens’ NWSL 7,894

Like I said, equal pay for unequal revenue sounds perfect for a commie sport like soccer..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:24 am you miss the point again as usual. :ohno:

If they were more popular, they’d generate more revenue than the men. The more popular side would be the one generating more revenue. Men’s generates vastly more revenue even excluding FIFA $$:
USSF also says the men’s team generates more revenue. The women’s team generated $101.3 million over the course of 238 games between 2009 and 2019 while the men generated $185.7 million over 191 games, according to the federation.

The analysis did not include prize money for tournaments like the World Cup, because those funds are determined by FIFA, soccer’s international governing body, and not U.S. Soccer.

Womens’ NWSL 7,894

Like I said, equal pay for unequal revenue sounds perfect for a commie sport like soccer..
Unlike those manly, patriotic, Murican sports with their “capitalist” CBAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Women's soccer was popular because they were winning, which is correct. The US actually had a much stronger "farm system" than other nations, but that gap is closing fast. The women keep losing out in the round of 16 and that support will drop dramatically.

BDKJMU also brings up the main point. The men get paid more because the men's sport brings in more revenue.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:23 pm

Women's soccer was popular because they were winning, which is correct. The US actually had a much stronger "farm system" than other nations, but that gap is closing fast. The women keep losing out in the round of 16 and that support will drop dramatically.

BDKJMU also brings up the main point. The men get paid more because the men's sport brings in more revenue.
They'll be fine, it was a fluke loss. Sweden's goalie was on fire and Sweden didn't have a good shot on goal until the 86th minute. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:48 am

Womens’ NWSL 7,894

such bitterness and lack of love in the heart ..... :ohno: ..... so a soccer player banged your girlfriend?

They are more popular than the men's team, globally, more recognized.

Mostly because they won they won World Cups back to back, on the planet's biggest athletic stage in front of an audience of billions. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:23 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:48 am

Womens’ NWSL 7,894

such bitterness and lack of love in the heart ..... :ohno: ..... so a soccer player banged your girlfriend?

Mostly because they won they won World Cups back to back, on the planet's biggest athletic stage in front of an audience of billions. :coffee:
WRONG. Attendance figure and revenue both prove that womens' soccer isn't as popular as mens' in the US..Revenue and attendance is popularity and recognition..I provided facts, you provided nothing.

Audience of billions..yeah, for the mens' World Cup.. :dunce: :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:39 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:23 pm

WRONG. Attendance figure and revenue both prove that womens' soccer isn't as popular as mens' in the US..Revenue and attendance is popularity and recognition..I provided facts, you provided nothing.

Wrong again. Mortimer, as is your custom - Statista says audience of 2 billion. BDMBFK :ohno:

Why not just stand in front of your car and slam your face on the hood as fast as you can for about 30 seconds? Seems like the least you could do...:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:17 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:39 pm

Wrong again. Mortimer, as is your custom - Statista says audience of 2 billion. BDMBFK :ohno:

Why not just stand in front of your car and slam your face on the hood as fast as you can for about 30 seconds? Seems like the least you could do...:thumb:
WRONG. Of course you didn't provide a link Clenzdawg, as you're pulling shit out of your arse.

A total audience for ALL games:
2019 Womens' WC: 1.12 billion total viewers the whole whole tournament across all platforms. Final between US and Holland 260 million.
2022 Men WC: 5 billion total viewers the whole whole tournament across all platforms. Final between Argentina & France 1.5 billion.
https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/video-aek ... 42675.html
DementiaDawg..All made up blather, no facts..
You're going downhill faster than Brandon.. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:20 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:17 am

WRONG. Of course you didn't provide a link Clenzdawg, as you're pulling shit out of your arse.

2019 Womens' WC: 1.12 billion total viewers the whole whole tournament across all platforms. Final between US and Holland 260 million.
2022 Men WC: 5 billion total viewers the whole whole tournament across all platforms. Final between Argentina & France 1.5 billion.
Statista has differnt numbers. :coffee:

BDKRN - going down like SG on Putin. :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:50 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:20 am

Let’s see a link, then.

You clealry don’t recognize when you’re taking a beating.
But keep up with the girl power. Dementiadawg and Super Horny, sitting in a tree..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:07 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:50 pm

Let’s see a link, then.

You clealry don’t recognize when you’re taking a beating.
But keep up with the girl power. Dementiadawg and Super Horny, sitting in a tree..
:lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Selling border wall components off for peanuts to prevent having to build. What a piece of shit.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/19/biden-sel ... -use-them/
The Biden administration is quietly auctioning off millions of dollars’ worth of unused parts from former President Trump’s border wall for peanuts – in an apparent end-run around pending legislation in Congress.

Since April, GovPlanet, an online auction house specializing in military surplus, has sold 81 lots of steel “square structural tubes” — intended for use as vertical bollards in the border barrier’s 30-foot-tall panels — hauling in about $2 million.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:08 pm Selling border wall components off for peanuts to prevent having to build. What a piece of shit.

The Biden administration is quietly auctioning off millions of dollars’ worth of unused parts from former President Trump’s border wall for peanuts – in an apparent end-run around pending legislation in Congress.

Since April, GovPlanet, an online auction house specializing in military surplus, has sold 81 lots of steel “square structural tubes” — intended for use as vertical bollards in the border barrier’s 30-foot-tall panels — hauling in about $2 million.
..never mind the peanuts. where are the pesos? :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:Selling border wall components off for peanuts to prevent having to build. What a piece of shit.

Selling parts that Mexico paid for is pure profit. Thats an art of the deal genius level move.

Or are you admitting that trump lied and Mexico didn’t pay for the wall?

Any legislation working its way through the House without similar legislation in the Senate isn’t really pending.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:14 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:Selling border wall components off for peanuts to prevent having to build. What a piece of shit.

Selling parts that Mexico paid for is pure profit. Thats an art of the deal genius level move.

Any legislation working its way through the House without similar legislation in the Senate isn’t really pending.
Depends on how you figure Mexico is paying for the wall. If you calculate the difference in money from NAFTA vs USMCA, then Mexico most certainly paid for the wall.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:14 pm Selling parts that Mexico paid for is pure profit. Thats an art of the deal genius level move.

Depends on how you figure Mexico is paying for the wall. If you calculate the difference in money from NAFTA vs USMCA, then Mexico most certainly paid for the wall.
So it was an art of the deal genius level move by the Biden administration. Good to see you overcoming your BDS and giving him some credit. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk