kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:07 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:59 pm Standing up for what’s right.

Can you define what a woman is for us please?
An adult female human.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:18 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:27 am

I wasn't even a big fan of Tuberville when he was at Auburn, let alone in the Senate today.
Seriously. How does someone this stupid become a U.S. Senator?

The South (and Texas too) elect clowns like Tommy Tupperware just to fuck with the winners against whom they continue to nurse a grudge over a 150 year-old asswhuppin. You'd think that a guy that owes his fortune to black athletes wouldn't be such a tone-deaf half-wit. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:47 pm

An adult female human.
Yes, especially as it pertains to:
of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:53 am

An adult female human.
of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.
So can you define what that has to do with Senator Tuberville being a white nationalist?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:07 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:53 am

So can you define what that has to do with Senator Tuberville being a white nationalist?
Tuberville was changing the definition to suit his needs just like how many inconvenient definitions are being changed to suit the needs of the "woke" individual making their argument.

I agree he butchered that one, but it's no different than a lot of what transpires today.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:49 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:07 am

Tuberville was changing the definition to suit his needs just like how many inconvenient definitions are being changed to suit the needs of the "woke" individual making their argument.

I agree he butchered that one, but it's no different than a lot of what transpires today.
What’s a greater threat in your opinion, wokeism or white nationalism?
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:49 am Tuberville was changing the definition to suit his needs just like how many inconvenient definitions are being changed to suit the needs of the "woke" individual making their argument.

Both have the potential to be dangerous threats and have been at times.

From where I sit, white nationalism doesn’t seem to have the number of adherents or apologists that wokism does. Therefore I would choose wokeism as the greater threat, although either is as potentially destructive as the other.

A lot depends on who is in charge of definitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

LeadBolt wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:37 am
kalm wrote:

From where I sit, white nationalism doesn’t seem to have the number of adherents or apologists that wokism does. Therefore I would choose wokeism as the greater threat, although either is as potentially destructive as the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So explain how wokism can be destructive.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:10 am
LeadBolt wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:37 am

Teaching white males that they're oppressors who should be ashamed of themselves. Teaching POC that they're victims and they're not responsible for their situation or their actions.

To LeadBolt's point, I think there are probably close to equal numbers of both if you include White deniers with the nationalists. They're the ones who want to pretend that racism and its effects are gone so we don't need to worry or teach about them.
Last edited by UNI88 on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:50 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:10 am

Teaching white males that they're oppressors who should be ashamed of themselves. Teaching POC that they're victims and they're not responsible for their situation or their actions.

To LeadBolt's point, I think there are probably close to equal numbers of both if you include White deniers with the nationalists. They're the ones who want to pretend that racism and its effects are gone so we don't need to worry or teach about them.
We shouldn’t teach white males that they are oppressors. We should simply teach grade appropriate real history. In doing so you create more empathetic adults which is much needed.

Similar rules apply to educating POC.

I think there are WAY more “woke” people than white nationalists. That’s a good thing. It of course varies by region but even so, white nationalist congresspeople and in any position of power and authority is not a good thing.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:27 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:50 am

We shouldn’t teach white males that they are oppressors. We should simply teach grade appropriate real history. In doing so you create more empathetic adults which is much needed.

I think there are WAY more “woke” people than white nationalists. That’s a good thing. It of course varies by region but even so, white nationalist congresspeople and in any position of power and authority is not a good thing.
You are defining woke differently than some. By your definition, I probably qualify as woke even though I oppose teaching CRT at any level lower than HS honors/AP classes and believe that the 1619 Project is part real history and part propoganda/revisionist history.

You and other illiberals tend to try and focus on the positive aspects of woke while MAGAt yahoos tend to try and focus on the positive aspects of white nationalism (being proud of who you are is not a bad thing).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:38 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:27 am

You are defining woke differently than some. By your definition, I probably qualify as woke even though I oppose teaching CRT at any level lower than HS honors/AP classes and believe that the 1619 Project is part real history and part propoganda/revisionist history.

You and other illiberals tend to try and focus on the positive aspects of woke while MAGAt yahoos tend to try and focus on the positive aspects of white nationalism (being proud of who you are is not a bad thing).
Yes. I would consider you as woke. Which is a compliment. It’s also on a spectrum.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:59 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:38 am

Yes. I would consider you as woke. Which is a compliment. It’s also on a spectrum.
I do take it as a compliment and agree that it's on a spectrum. There are a lot of people on the left who would disagree with you about me being woke though. They believe that if you're not completely on board then you're part of the problem. They think they're right, they don't respect differing opinions and they're not willing to compromise. They are illiberal not liberal.

Nationalism is also on a spectrum. It's a good thing in moderation - being proud of your background and the good things your country has done (patriotism) are good attributes but taken too far, nationalism becomes bigotry and xenophobia. Many nationalists also believe that if you're not completely on board then you're part of the problem (damn RINOs). They think they're right, they don't respect differing opinions and they're not willing to compromise.

As I've been saying for a long time, the extremes of both sides are more alike than they want to admit.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:13 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:59 am

I do take it as a compliment and agree that it's on a spectrum. There are a lot of people on the left who would disagree with you about me being woke though. They believe that if you're not completely on board then you're part of the problem. They think they're right, they don't respect differing opinions and they're not willing to compromise. They are illiberal not liberal.

Nationalism is also on a spectrum. It's a good thing in moderation - being proud of your background and the good things your country has done (patriotism) are good attributes but taken too far, nationalism becomes bigotry and xenophobia. Many nationalists also believe that if you're not completely on board then you're part of the problem (damn RINOs). They think they're right, they don't respect differing opinions and they're not willing to compromise.

As I've been saying for a long time, the extremes of both sides are more alike than they want to admit.
Agree with all of this with the exception of economic extremism (as you know). Our middle ground in that regard should lie in crony capitalism, monopoly, and political bribery.

But even there, extremism can be problematic. Neo-feudalism and colonialism on one side and true marxism and/or statism on the other.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

An adult female human.
Well, you're smarter than SCOTUS Judge Brown..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:28 pm Kerry is part of the Biden administration, so this belongs.

Listen to this gasbag defend his usage of a private jet to fly around the World to "fight" global warming. Can't watch it without giggling at how ridiculous his answer is. :lol:

Rules for me, and not for thee..(Jan 2021-July 2022)
Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry's family jet has emitted over 300 metric tons of carbon dioxide since the Biden administration began, federal data shows.

Kerry's family jet, a Gulfstream GIV-SP, has made a total of 48 trips lasting more than 60 hours and emitted an estimated 715,886 pounds, or 325 metric tons, of carbon since President Biden was sworn into office, according to federal data obtained by Fox News Digital via FlightAware. The plane belongs to Flying Squirrel LLC., a charter company owned by Kerry's wife Teresa Heinz-Kerry and in which Kerry reported owning a more than $1 million stake on his most recent financial disclosure.

President Biden appointed Kerry to lead the State Department's global climate policy outreach shortly after taking office in January 2021. Since then, Kerry has traveled around the world to United Nations (UN) climate conferences, meetings with international heads of state and the World Economic Forum's (WEF) annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland.

The climate envoy is slated to jet off this week to the Petersberg Climate Dialogue, a UN summit where representatives from 40 countries will negotiate emissions reductions and climate financing for developing nations, in Berlin, Germany.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-k ... ook-office
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:04 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:28 pm Kerry is part of the Biden administration, so this belongs.

Listen to this gasbag defend his usage of a private jet to fly around the World to "fight" global warming. Can't watch it without giggling at how ridiculous his answer is. :lol:

Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry's family jet has emitted over 300 metric tons of carbon dioxide since the Biden administration began, federal data shows.

Kerry's family jet, a Gulfstream GIV-SP, has made a total of 48 trips lasting more than 60 hours and emitted an estimated 715,886 pounds, or 325 metric tons, of carbon since President Biden was sworn into office, according to federal data obtained by Fox News Digital via FlightAware. The plane belongs to Flying Squirrel LLC., a charter company owned by Kerry's wife Teresa Heinz-Kerry and in which Kerry reported owning a more than $1 million stake on his most recent financial disclosure.

President Biden appointed Kerry to lead the State Department's global climate policy outreach shortly after taking office in January 2021. Since then, Kerry has traveled around the world to United Nations (UN) climate conferences, meetings with international heads of state and the World Economic Forum's (WEF) annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland.

The climate envoy is slated to jet off this week to the Petersberg Climate Dialogue, a UN summit where representatives from 40 countries will negotiate emissions reductions and climate financing for developing nations, in Berlin, Germany.
That's why he said "personally". It's a Heinz family jet not a gasbag Kerry family jet.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:53 pm Buttajudge proves himself to be a total fraud.

The gist: Rode in a suburban (armored?) (what does that get to the gallon?) to within a few hundred yards of a cabinet meeting. Had it stop. Got a bike out the back, and rode the rest of the way to make it appear to the cameras he rode a bike to work, you know for that lib Green cred..Except he got busted doing it, despite CNN playing along. What a fraud.. :lol:
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/04 ... ng-n354346
She must be taking after Buttigieg..What a buffonish hypocrite.. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:11 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:04 pm

That's why he said "personally". It's a Heinz family jet not a gasbag Kerry family jet.
I guess that's on par with asking what the definition of "is" is. Politicians. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:19 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:11 pm
I guess that's on par with asking what the definition of "is" is. Politicians. :ohno:
:nod: Kerry parsing and nitpicking details like BDK and kalm.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Charles Barkley ...
"If you’re gay, bless you.
If you’re trans, bless you.
And if you have a problem with that,
f*** you!” Barkley said on the microphone.
And then he reportedly had 3 cases of Bud Light ready at the bar.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Victory for cycling! The UCI (Union Cycliste International) is creating a new category for transgenders, just like I was proposing. It's actually pretty easy. They will probably lump them in with a similar ability and simply sort the winners out at the end. Used to compete with multiple categories all the time. For example, they would lump two different age categories together. In cycling they break it up in 5 year increments once past the age of 30. Been a long time, so that might have changed, but you get the idea. Once you start the slow decline, that's when they would break it up.

Of course it being international, they may have enough riders to race separately.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

This is ridiculous…

“If you don’t think public opinion matters, just ask Garth Brooks. Since that fateful day that he decided to call the majority of country music fans a-holes, his entire career has been in a tailspin.

According to our records, Brooks has lost all of the financing for his new club, been shunned from the Academy of Country Music, dropped by Capitol Records, and booed offstage at the iconic Texan festival at Hambriston.“

https://dunning-kruger-times.com/garth- ... n-outcast/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:47 pm Charles Barkley ...
"If you’re gay, bless you.
If you’re trans, bless you.
And if you have a problem with that,
f*** you!” Barkley said on the microphone.
And then he reportedly had 3 cases of Bud Light ready at the bar.
So if you don’t have a problem with trans but:
-you don’t acknowledge and treat it as truth (fail to acknowledge a man pretending to be a woman is a she, and vice versa).
-don’t want kids exposed given puberty blockers and put through gender mutilation
-don’t want boys/men to play girls/womens’ sports
Is it still f*** you?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:28 am This is ridiculous…

“If you don’t think public opinion matters, just ask Garth Brooks. Since that fateful day that he decided to call the majority of country :suspicious: music fans a-holes, his entire career has been in a tailspin.

According to our records, Brooks has lost all of the financing for his new club, been shunned from the Academy of Country Music, dropped by Capitol Records, and booed offstage at the iconic Texan festival at Hambriston.“

https://dunning-kruger-times.com/garth- ... n-outcast/
And he doesn’t expect to be shunned by the majority of his customer base after calling the majority of his customer assholes?.:suspicious: How pray tell is that ridiculous?