So you're saying 400 is out of reach then. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: 2020 Election Predictions

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:39 pm Prediction - Trump will sue no matter win or lose. Then bitch and moan about whatever slight he's perceived. He loves to play the victim.
Do you Biden and the Donks will sue if he loses?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:45 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:42 pm

Every survey now saying otherwise. The race is either unchanged or widening. Biden's running away with it. I may not even go out and vote tomorrow, it might already be over before the polls open. Besides, I've never really trolled before, it's a fascinating phenomenon. :coffee:
Welcome to shit posting! :lol:
...and he reeled one in on his first cast. :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:52 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:50 pm Image
So you're saying 400 is out of reach then. :coffee:
The light blue and light red are close races, could go either way.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:56 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:39 pm Prediction - Trump will sue no matter win or lose. Then bitch and moan about whatever slight he's perceived. He loves to play the victim.
Do you Biden and the Donks will sue if he loses?
It depends on where and what the margin is. But I can see Trump suing regardless. :twocents:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:42 pm

Every survey now saying otherwise. The race is either unchanged or widening. Biden's running away with it. I may not even go out and vote tomorrow, it might already be over before the polls open. Besides, I've never really trolled before, it's a fascinating phenomenon. :coffee:
:lol:

Next thing you know, Ganny will be using “hell” instead of “heck”.

This place eventually corrupts all who enter.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:27 pm

:lol:

Next thing you know, Ganny will be using “hell” instead of “heck”.

This place eventually corrupts all who enter.
:ohno: :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Given how the rest of 2020 has gone.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:28 pm Given how the rest of 2020 has gone.

FENCE SITTER! :lol: :lol: :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:30 pm FENCE SITTER! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen: ;)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Anyone doing anything special tomorrow? We're heading to a friends house to watch the returns....we have a standing "family" dinner every Tuesday night so we'll do that, our daughters will have a sleep over and we'll just hang out.

We usually watch the returns, or have it on in the background while we're doing more important things...like sleeping.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:32 pm Anyone doing anything special tomorrow? We're heading to a friends house to watch the returns....we have a standing "family" dinner every Tuesday night so we'll do that, our daughters will have a sleep over and we'll just hang out.

We usually watch the returns, or have it on in the background while we're doing more important things...like sleeping.
Taking a half day and going for a bike ride :)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:32 pm Anyone doing anything special tomorrow? We're heading to a friends house to watch the returns....we have a standing "family" dinner every Tuesday night so we'll do that, our daughters will have a sleep over and we'll just hang out.

Physical therapy in the morning then talking to the IRS (again) regarding payroll taxes after being on hold for 2 hours (again).

Probably tie up some flies and practice Wish You Here on the geetar.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:47 am BDK's favorite pollster has Biden +4 in PA
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... 9_trump_45
Wrong on both counts.
-Rasumussen has Biden up 3.
-And that would be Trafalger, the only poll that had Trump winning PA and MI in 2016, has Trump up 2 in PA. Insider Advantage also has Trump up 2 in PA, and Susquehanna has Trump up 1.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6861.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:47 am BDK's favorite pollster has Biden +4 in PA
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... 9_trump_45
Wrong on both counts.
-Rasumussen has Biden up 3.
-And that would be Trafalger, the only poll that had Trump winning PA and MI in 2016, has Trump up 2 in PA. Insider Advantage also has Trump up 2 in PA, and Susquehanna has Trump up 1.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6861.html
So he’s up within the MoE? This will be super close. Trump is already laying the groundwork to challenge. Wanna make a bet that if he loses in a landslide that he’ll sue, pout, throw a hissy fit and make the translation difficult?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If that isn’t “Ridin’ with Biden’s” wet dream I don’t know what is.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think I"m seeing images of the Real Clear Politics "no toss ups" maps.

The actual situation now is similar to what it was in 2016. Under ordinary circumstances, there would be high confidence that Biden will win the popular vote. But the Electoral College is too close to call.

If you look at the Real Clear Politics page that considers toss ups at https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... e_map.html, it has Biden favored in States totaling 216 electoral votes and Trump favored in States totaling 125 electoral votes. There are 14 states with 197 electoral votes rated as toss ups. So it could go either way.

If you look at the 538 election forecast at https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... -forecast/, it shows 89% confidence that Biden will win. That is not sufficient evidence, by convention, to make a call. Convention requires 95% confidence.

So, even if we were in normal circumstances, the polling does NOT indicate Biden is a lock to win.

And we are not in normal circumstances. We have a situation in which a much larger than normal number of people are voting by mail. Voting by mail carries a higher risk of not having your vote counted. And Democrats are far more likely to vote by mail than Republicans are. I don't know if that is something polls can take into account. Pollsters ask about who you plan to vote for. I don't know if they can capture the phenomenon whereby people ATTEMPT to vote for one candidate or the other but don't have their vote counted.

And that potential source of error is exacerbated by the fact that Republicans are working very hard to see to it that mail in votes are not counted.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:56 pm I think I"m seeing images of the Real Clear Politics "no toss ups" maps.

The actual situation now is similar to what it was in 2016. Under ordinary circumstances, there would be high confidence that Biden will win the popular vote. But the Electoral College is too close to call.

If you look at the Real Clear Politics page that considers toss ups at https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... e_map.html, it has Biden favored in States totaling 216 electoral votes and Trump favored in States totaling 125 electoral votes. There are 14 states with 197 electoral votes rated as toss ups. So it could go either way.

If you look at the 538 election forecast at https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... -forecast/, it shows 89% confidence that Biden will win. That is not sufficient evidence, by convention, to make a call. Convention requires 95% confidence.

So, even if we were in normal circumstances, the polling does NOT indicate Biden is a lock to win.

And we are not in normal circumstances. We have a situation in which a much larger than normal number of people are voting by mail. Voting by mail carries a higher risk of not having your vote counted. And Democrats are far more likely to vote by mail than Republicans are. I don't know if that is something polls can take into account. Pollsters ask about who you plan to vote for. I don't know if they can capture the phenomenon whereby people ATTEMPT to vote for one candidate or the other but don't have their vote counted.

And that potential source of error is exacerbated by the fact that Republicans are working very hard to see to it that mail in votes are not counted.
Hard to count them when postal carriers are throwing them away by the thousands. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:01 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:56 pm I think I"m seeing images of the Real Clear Politics "no toss ups" maps.

Hard to count them when postal carriers are throwing them away by the thousands. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
I doubt that's really happening. But, regardless, the point is that the unusually high proportion of votes cast by mail combined with the fact that Democrats are far more likely to vote by mail means that the effort to predict what will happen based on voter intent is confounded. The voter can fully intend to vote for a candidate then have their vote not counted. That is an additional source of error that is much more prominent than it has been in the past.

Let's hope it doesn't mean Trump wins because this country really needs him out. But I do think it increases the probability that he will win.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Also hard to count when the Trump administration was trying to delay delivery and is suing to not count some votes. There’s plenty of suspicion and shenanigans from both parties and their lemmings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:01 pm

I doubt that's really happening. But, regardless, the point is that the unusually high proportion of votes cast by mail combined with the fact that Democrats are far more likely to vote by mail means that the effort to predict what will happen based on voter intent is confounded. The voter can fully intend to vote for a candidate then have their vote not counted. That is an additional source of error that is much more prominent than it has been in the past.

Let's hope it doesn't mean Trump wins because this country really needs him out. But I do think it increases the probability that he will win.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, I doubt it too. There’s only DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE of ballots being thrown in the trash, in the ditch, etc, etc. Your TDS has now rendered you completely blind, John.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

I don’t get around as much as I used to, but it is reassuring thatJSO is still as loony as ever, claiming to be a conservative yet votes for ultra Libs,
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:53 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If that isn’t “Ridin’ with Biden’s” wet dream I don’t know what is.
This is a prediction thread, not who you want to win.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

As you said on election morning 2016.. :lol:
viewtopic.php?p=1091685#p1091685
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:57 pm
As you said on election morning 2016.. :lol:
viewtopic.php?p=1091685#p1091685
So I won't quit my day job, bfd.