CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: EPIC MILESTONE

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:13 am
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:31 pm 61,342 deaths in the USA (325 Million people)

225k worldwide (7.8 billion people)

What a fucking media driven joke. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
I looked up the latest year's estimate of total deaths in the US. The latest available is 2017. The total number of deaths for 2017 was 2,813,503. That works out to 7,708 deaths per day.

The first date on which COVID-19 deaths reached 2,000 was April 7. Since then through yesterday there have been an average of 2098 COVID-19 deaths per day.

Let's just round the 2017 total deaths per day figure up to 8,000. That means that during April 7 through May 1 the number of COVID-19 deaths per day is 26% of what we'd normally expect in terms of deaths per day. And, BTW, we are talking about deaths that are known. When the final estimates come out, the deaths per day number is going to be higher.

Meanwhile, Russia shut down Moscow. The last time Russia (then the USSR) did something like that it was in response to smallpox during the early 1960s. Russia didn't shut down Moscow in 2020 because of the media.

I normally don't say personal things. But in this case I will make a general statement: If a person continues to go with this "it's no big deal" thing driven by the media narrative at this point, that person is a fool.
That person was YOU just a couple months ago.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:24 pm
mainejeff wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:05 am

Cancer is easily spread to the rest of the population?
No, cancer patients are at risk of contracting life threatening illnesses due to suppressed immune systems.

If we are going to cry over susceptible people, let's include them all.
"Cry over"? I wish you mother fuckers would start losing family members that you love to this thing. :thumb:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 pm
Aho Old Guy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:27 pm

I suspect some folks quarantine themselves, and tolerate side-effects passively. If the blood 'works' maintain minimums, there is likely no medical reason to 'self-quarantine.'

Some folks become psychologically distressed due to the side-effects --- that makes them feel uneasy. AND, since they had heard others describing the negative side-effects, it indirectly traumatizes them
:D

Ding!
Chemo is in a controlled medical setting. An asymptomatic dunderhead (Patient 31 in S Korea?) can fook-over dozens if not hundreds ...
That's not what I said, nor was it my point. We already have people who are immunocompromised and they take precautions. Those who are susceptible to COVID can exercise the same caution while life goes on.
You are really fucking dumb.
Go Black Bears!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

mainejeff wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:54 am

That's not what I said, nor was it my point. We already have people who are immunocompromised and they take precautions. Those who are susceptible to COVID can exercise the same caution while life goes on.
I'm dumb because I feel every American has enough smarts to self quarantine if susceptible?

Good one.

I do have someone I could lose and that is my mother who has a very suppressed immune system due to chemo. All three of her sons know better than to put her at risk. In fact, when the hospital thought she was going to pass from pneumonia, We still didn't break protocol and get too close. I couldn't even touch her and that was possibly going to be my last time seeing her.

So please. Tell me some more I don't understand.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:13 pm

I'm dumb because I feel every American has enough smarts to self quarantine if susceptible?

Good one.

I do have someone I could lose and that is my mother who has a very suppressed immune system due to chemo. All three of her sons know better than to put her at risk. In fact, when the hospital thought she was going to pass from pneumonia, We still didn't break protocol and get too close. I couldn't even touch her and that was possibly going to be my last time seeing her.

it all depends on how you feel about peanuts...
to some folks nut allergies are fatal

what's the responsibility of the state vs. the person with fatal allergy ..?

:geek:

I don't know the answer I'm just asking the question because it seems fair
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

I didn't feel like wading into this thread...

But, no. They don't. Have you met Americans before? The average one is probably in Wal Mart, right now.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:32 pm

Good one.

it all depends on how you feel about peanuts...
to some folks nut allergies are fatal

what's the responsibility of the state vs. the person with fatal allergy ..?

:geek:

I don't know the answer I'm just asking the question because it seems fair
It is a fair question and my answer to that would be if you know you have an underlying condition, then it should be your responsibility to take precautions.

That was pretty much my point by saying chemo patients self quarantine all the time. We don't keep the country shut down for them.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Silenoz wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:34 pm

But, no. They don't. Have you met Americans before? The average one is probably in Wal Mart, right now.
Yeah, I agree with you.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

So natural selection (i.e. science) would indicate that the human race might be better off without at-risk people not smart enough to self quarantine. And think about the how much a population decrease could improve the environment.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:46 pm

So natural selection (i.e. science) would indicate that the human race might be better off without at-risk people not smart enough to self quarantine. And think about the how much a population decrease could improve the environment.
Careful, 88. You’re getting dangerously close to John StMengele territory here. 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Careful, 88. You’re getting dangerously close to John StMengele territory here. 8-)
one of the rare points that St Yohan and I happen to kinda intersect on
but I need to be careful because I've been agreeing with St.oJohnson a little more than I'm comfortable admitting lately
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:50 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:13 am

I looked up the latest year's estimate of total deaths in the US. The latest available is 2017. The total number of deaths for 2017 was 2,813,503. That works out to 7,708 deaths per day.

The first date on which COVID-19 deaths reached 2,000 was April 7. Since then through yesterday there have been an average of 2098 COVID-19 deaths per day.

Let's just round the 2017 total deaths per day figure up to 8,000. That means that during April 7 through May 1 the number of COVID-19 deaths per day is 26% of what we'd normally expect in terms of deaths per day. And, BTW, we are talking about deaths that are known. When the final estimates come out, the deaths per day number is going to be higher.

Meanwhile, Russia shut down Moscow. The last time Russia (then the USSR) did something like that it was in response to smallpox during the early 1960s. Russia didn't shut down Moscow in 2020 because of the media.

I normally don't say personal things. But in this case I will make a general statement: If a person continues to go with this "it's no big deal" thing driven by the media narrative at this point, that person is a fool.
That person was YOU just a couple months ago.
I don't think I said it was media driven but, yes, I did say that it was looking like it was no big deal. I was wrong.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:19 pm
I'm on record saying I think we're better than that but the science is there and it's fun to bring it up for the why do you doubt science crowd.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Chizzang wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:19 pm Careful, 88. You’re getting dangerously close to John StMengele territory here. 8-)
one of the rare points that St Yohan and I happen to kinda intersect on
but I need to be careful because I've been agreeing with St.oJohnson a little more than I'm comfortable admitting lately
We've known that for years

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

. Image

Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

:rofl:
No offense -- but that is exactly what you said. I hope your family can find the strength to come through this together and healthy.

There is no functional reason for cancer patients to wear masks, or quarantine, or self-quarantine. If there an underlying secondary or tertiary reason for an immune deficiency, that can be a totally different thing.

My general understanding is your immune system is broken down to its bare operational minimums to find the cancer, and kill it. Otherwise, your immune system goes bonkers, kicks into overdrive, and does bad, bad things to your body. That is the big difference ... between The Big C and THE Bug.

You don't really 'catch' cancer in the same fashion as COVID-19. THAT should be the point.

:thumb:
People deal with this scenario all the time. Chemo patients have to be quarantined all through treatment.
Aho Old Guy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:27 pm

I suspect some folks quarantine themselves, and tolerate side-effects passively. If the blood 'works' maintain minimums, there is likely no medical reason to 'self-quarantine.'

Some folks become psychologically distressed due to the side-effects --- that makes them feel uneasy. AND, since they had heard others describing the negative side-effects, it indirectly traumatizes them
:D

Ding!
Chemo is in a controlled medical setting. An asymptomatic dunderhead (Patient 31 in S Korea?) can fook-over dozens if not hundreds ...
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:50 pm That person was YOU just a couple months ago.
I don't think I said it was media driven but, yes, I did say that it was looking like it was no big deal. I was wrong.
*Wronge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:16 am
grizzaholic wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:13 am

I just wonder how this country functions with the way the media and dems just slow down everything because their guy didn't win. Instead of just working to better the place, they just sat in the corner and cried and passed blame.
The Republicans control the executive which has control over the CDC and the guidelines they issue. They have control over the federal response. This was a team failure. Republican and Democrats all failed in this.
what's left of the CDC anyway
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: I don't think I said it was media driven but, yes, I did say that it was looking like it was no big deal. I was wrong.
*Wronge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have quite an overworked and baggy-eyed contingent here in Bangkok. 2 of my 5 neighbors are CDC and they’re good peeps.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

The shutdown already has. Its quiet where I live anyway but there is now a stillness that wasn't there pre-lockdown. No contrails or strobe lights, can't hear any trains.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Fraud virus will never ever hit any of their model numbers and won't be in the top 15 of plannedemic world wide.

You won't even hear about this again after the election.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:35 am Fraud virus will never ever hit any of their model numbers and won't be in the top 15 of plannedemic world wide.

You won't even hear about this again after the election.

The previous model was 60,000 and it's been updated to over 130,000 now.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

US 2 million and we havent cracked 80k yet :coffee:

OMG..............me are all gonna die. Like less than the flu.......super scary

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:12 am US 2 million and we havent cracked 80k yet :coffee:

OMG..............me are all gonna die. Like less than the flu.......super scary
Who believes Trumps number anyway.