Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Steve King (IA) - American Nazi

Post by CID1990 »

Isn’t someone supposed to post something neutral about him before you invoke Godwin’s Law?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:Iowans must be pretty damn stupid.

:coffee:
You talking about the Nigerian Gun Control?

Steve King

Verified account

@SteveKingIA
Follow Follow @SteveKingIA
More
Nigerian Militants kill 120 Christians in horrific, sickening, and utterly repulsive acts of mass murder and terrorism. Terrorism knows no boundaries. Our hearts and prayers go out to all #Nigeria. We stand against hatred in all its forms. https://pgj.cc/eDRinL
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think he made a big mistake with this statement:
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”
But if he'd have left it with "Western civilization" he at least SHOULD have been OK. I've heard him talk before about the role of Western civilization in where humanity is now and I've thought he's basically been correct. The contributions to where our species is now are undeniable. And you can say "White" civilization. The scientific method, physics, calculus, etc., came from White civilization. The internal combustion engine. The motor vehicle. Airplanes. Computers as we know them. Rocket and missile technology. X ray technology. Nuclear technology. Television. Radio. The internet. Air conditioning. Antibiotics. Vaccines. Representative government. Elimination of slavery as a human institution. All those things/concepts and many more things that make the world as it is came from White people.

It's just the truth.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:

You talking about the Nigerian Gun Control?

Steve King

Verified account

@SteveKingIA
Follow Follow @SteveKingIA
More
Nigerian Militants kill 120 Christians in horrific, sickening, and utterly repulsive acts of mass murder and terrorism. Terrorism knows no boundaries. Our hearts and prayers go out to all #Nigeria. We stand against hatred in all its forms. https://pgj.cc/eDRinL
They probably had cantaloupe calves.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

He was pulled from all his committee's by conk leadership, no?

I'll wait for input from the CS.com Iowa contingent determining if he is re-elected or not. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Minnesota has elected a bonafide America-hating Muslim and you’re worried about Steve King? Oh, if he only had a D next to his name, all would be forgiven by the MJ’s of the world...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Since its come down to choosing to be a "nazi" or siding with the liberals.

Im shaving my head

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Since its come down to choosing to be a "nazi" or siding with the liberals.

Im shaving my head

Liberals founded this great nation. Why do you hate America?
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

It's IOWEGIANS you cad!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Steve King is a dumbass and unfortunately he is my congressman. :ohno: He is probably one of the smartest (book smarts) elected officials in Iowa. He's also an arrogant ass. He's always been very strong in his convictions and not like the typical politician that will tell you want you want to hear. He would tell you why he would disagree and usually present his argument pretty well. Since arriving in Congress he has gotten more arrogant and vocal. He's got diarrhea of the mouth that doesn't work well in a sound bite world (imagine JSO trying to get his point across in 10 second sound bite). He loves to be in the spotlight and to be on TV. His district is in the reddest part of Iowa and includes some of the reddest counties in the country. Many will say that the people in his district are just a bunch of red neck, racist hicks. While there are some it's a lot more complicated than that.

He nearly lost to a more moderate Democrat last time because people are sick of his dumbassery and because he's a lazy fundraiser and campaigner. He's already got two R primary challengers for the next time and I think he will lose in the primary. I think you will see some Ds switch registration to vote in the R primary to get him out. It would be better if the Rs could get his primary challenger down to one. If he does lose in the primary I predict he will go scorched earth the last 6 months until he is done.

King and his district are a perfect example of the litmus test for candidates in either party to get through the primary and how it hurts in the general election. Most of King's district was represented by Democrat Berkley Bedell for years. Bedell was a moderate Democrat. A moderate D could beat King and it almost worked in 2018. But the D candidates have to bow down to abortion (huge issue for many in this area) among other issues that hurt them later.

Another interesting item - Our legislature and governor are R controlled and eliminated straight party voting. That probably hurt King as much as anyone in the last election.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote:Steve King is a dumbass and unfortunately he is my congressman. :ohno: He is probably one of the smartest (book smarts) elected officials in Iowa. He's also an arrogant ass. He's always been very strong in his convictions and not like the typical politician that will tell you want you want to hear. He would tell you why he would disagree and usually present his argument pretty well. Since arriving in Congress he has gotten more arrogant and vocal. He's got diarrhea of the mouth that doesn't work well in a sound bite world (imagine JSO trying to get his point across in 10 second sound bite). He loves to be in the spotlight and to be on TV. His district is in the reddest part of Iowa and includes some of the reddest counties in the country. Many will say that the people in his district are just a bunch of red neck, racist hicks. While there are some it's a lot more complicated than that.

He nearly lost to a more moderate Democrat last time because people are sick of his dumbassery and because he's a lazy fundraiser and campaigner. He's already got two R primary challengers for the next time and I think he will lose in the primary. I think you will see some Ds switch registration to vote in the R primary to get him out. It would be better if the Rs could get his primary challenger down to one. If he does lose in the primary I predict he will go scorched earth the last 6 months until he is done.

King and his district are a perfect example of the litmus test for candidates in either party to get through the primary and how it hurts in the general election. Most of King's district was represented by Democrat Berkley Bedell for years. Bedell was a moderate Democrat. A moderate D could beat King and it almost worked in 2018. But the D candidates have to bow down to abortion (huge issue for many in this area) among other issues that hurt them later.

Another interesting item - Our legislature and governor are R controlled and eliminated straight party voting. That probably hurt King as much as anyone in the last election.
He's basically correct about the role of Western (White) Civilization with respect to where we are now as a species.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Steve King (IA) - American Nazi

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:Steve King is a dumbass and unfortunately he is my congressman. :ohno: He is probably one of the smartest (book smarts) elected officials in Iowa. He's also an arrogant ass. He's always been very strong in his convictions and not like the typical politician that will tell you want you want to hear. He would tell you why he would disagree and usually present his argument pretty well. Since arriving in Congress he has gotten more arrogant and vocal. He's got diarrhea of the mouth that doesn't work well in a sound bite world (imagine JSO trying to get his point across in 10 second sound bite). He loves to be in the spotlight and to be on TV. His district is in the reddest part of Iowa and includes some of the reddest counties in the country. Many will say that the people in his district are just a bunch of red neck, racist hicks. While there are some it's a lot more complicated than that.

He's basically correct about the role of Western (White) Civilization with respect to where we are now as a species.
...and this is where MJs love of StOnge ends.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

JohnStOnge wrote:I think he made a big mistake with this statement:
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”
But if he'd have left it with "Western civilization" he at least SHOULD have been OK. I've heard him talk before about the role of Western civilization in where humanity is now and I've thought he's basically been correct. The contributions to where our species is now are undeniable. And you can say "White" civilization. The scientific method, physics, calculus, etc., came from White civilization. The internal combustion engine. The motor vehicle. Airplanes. Computers as we know them. Rocket and missile technology. X ray technology. Nuclear technology. Television. Radio. The internet. Air conditioning. Antibiotics. Vaccines. Representative government. Elimination of slavery as a human institution. All those things/concepts and many more things that make the world as it is came from White people.

It's just the truth.
Some of that stuff might have come from a black person had we not chained them down in the cotton fields.

Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote:Minnesota has elected a bonafide America-hating Muslim and you’re worried about Steve King? Oh, if he only had a D next to his name, all would be forgiven by the MJ’s of the world...
"If" will never be.

Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Since its come down to choosing to be a "nazi" or siding with the liberals.

Im shaving my head

You didn't have to make a public proclamation....we already know that.

Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

JohnStOnge wrote:

You say that JSO......and you are correct in a basic sense. White man invented this....white man invented that. But the system has been rigged from the beginning.....against women and against minorities. It continues to be rigged in some ways. It doesn't change the great accomplishments of individuals (Franklin, Edison, etc, etc)......but this stuff didn't happen in a vacuum. The system favored white males and fostered their accomplishments across decades and centuries. This type of system that favored a class (white males)......is now railed against by you guess it.......white males. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by mainejeff on Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Re: RE: Re: Steve King (IA) - American Nazi

Post by mainejeff »

SeattleGriz wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
...and this is where MJs love of StOnge ends.
No....it's where I agree with his basic premise......but disagree with the why and how.
Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
You say that JSO......and you are correct in a basic sense. White man invented this....white man invented that. But the system has been rigged from the beginning.....against women and against minorities. It continues to be rigged in some ways. It doesn't change the great accomplishments of individuals (Franklin, Edison, etc, etc)......but this stuff didn't happen in a vacuum. The system favored white males and fostered their accomplishments across decades and centuries. This type of system that favored a class (white males)......is now railed against by you guess it.......white males. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah that internal combustion engine they invented in the Congo in 1765 just didn’t get a fair shake.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

CID1990 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Yeah that internal combustion engine they invented in the Congo in 1765 just didn’t get a fair shake.
Quit looking at the trees, the forest is over there.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

mainejeff wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Correct to a point, but you do realize that the White population in history was mainly centered around a particular region of the world - plenty of the world didn't have a lot of White people. But you are certainly correct in the same way that Gusteau was correct in Ratatouille - "Anyone can cook".
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Grizalltheway wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Quit looking at the trees, the forest is over there.
The forest of white people suppressing the airplane that was invented in New Guinea?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

CID1990 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Quit looking at the trees, the forest is over there.
The forest of white people suppressing the airplane that was invented in New Guinea?
Yeah. That one.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Let’s face it.....the minute that a white man has to compete with another white man for anything of consequence.....all bets are off. And many times the battle ends violently or is littered with innocent bystanders and victims.
Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Yeah the other 4000 years of recorded world history were wine and roses