KKK is the Democrat party.....Why is this News?

Political discussions
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

KKK is the Democrat party.....Why is this News?

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Who cares?

It was 30 years ago and we all know thats how you work your way up in the democratic party.......this isnt news. I

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ralph- ... e-kkk-robe

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: KKK is the Democrat party.....Why is this News?

Post by SeattleGriz »

You see where he left his African American Lt Gov off his fliers in N Virginia?

Oh the irony to be replaced by the black man he discriminated against!

Eat it Ralph.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

I don't know which one in the photo is our Governor Northam but I'd bet the other guy is an evil Republican who should be hunted down and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Or at least hounded till the day he dies. Isn't that right Ralph?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Oh no! Did I hear "coonman" was one of his VMI nicknames?

Steeped in racism, but he apparently likes beer like Kavanaugh, so that makes him much better.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

You know, this guy might truly be ashamed of his behavior back then and today may well not have racist views. It wasn’t funny to black people back then, but in 1984 there was next to zero stigma and zero consequence for doing things like that - and many reasonable, racially sensitive people back then might have called it in poor taste, but that was it

I have a few classmates who posed in a photo in 86-87. It is a re-enactment of a hazing scene from the Lords of Discipline and today it would be very explosive if any of those guys ran for a major public office. The thing is- every guy in the photo is fairly liberal today on racial and social issues. The guys in the photo, white and black, are to this day the closest of friends, and there isn’t a racist bone in their bodies

But the whole racism discussion has become a purity movement. Anything you did from the moment you were born is fair game for scrutiny. Any works of change and reconciliation that add context to your life and persona are ignored. This has always been the paradigm for conservative politicians but now it is creeping up on the liberal ones too. You will issue your heartfelt apologies in full “self-criticism actively smash the racist reactionaries struggle session” and then you will be drummed out of public life and your private life will be one of a pariah
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Who cares?

It was 30 years ago and we all know thats how you work your way up in the democratic party.......this isnt news. I

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ralph- ... e-kkk-robe
Don't you have some libtards to own with your Dodge Charger?
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I dont have a Charger.................

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

What an absolutely ridiculous and insane photo. Needs to step down ASAP.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

He's an infantcidal racist!
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

∞∞∞ wrote:What an absolutely ridiculous and insane photo. Needs to step down ASAP.

Why?

What is it with younger people? Why is the first thing that has to happen when a mistake is made is that they lose their job? Its fucking retarded, ignorant and totally reeks of privilege!

It was 30+ years ago get over it.

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

CNN :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Baldy wrote:Image

CNN :lol:
Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:You know, this guy might truly be ashamed of his behavior back then and today may well not have racist views. It wasn’t funny to black people back then, but in 1984 there was next to zero stigma and zero consequence for doing things like that - and many reasonable, racially sensitive people back then might have called it in poor taste, but that was it

I have a few classmates who posed in a photo in 86-87. It is a re-enactment of a hazing scene from the Lords of Discipline and today it would be very explosive if any of those guys ran for a major public office. The thing is- every guy in the photo is fairly liberal today on racial and social issues. The guys in the photo, white and black, are to this day the closest of friends, and there isn’t a racist bone in their bodies

But the whole racism discussion has become a purity movement. Anything you did from the moment you were born is fair game for scrutiny. Any works of change and reconciliation that add context to your life and persona are ignored. This has always been the paradigm for conservative politicians but now it is creeping up on the liberal ones too. You will issue your heartfelt apologies in full “self-criticism actively smash the racist reactionaries struggle session” and then you will be drummed out of public life and your private life will be one of a pariah
Yup.

I may have mentioned this before but I listen to quite a few comedian's podcasts and I swear, live comedy is the last bastion of honesty in this country...especially Tony Hinchliff's live "Kill Tony" podcast which is basically an open mic event where they draw names and participants get to do a one minute bit. Tony, and his sidekicks then critique the set and they can be absolutely brutal. Racial and sexist jokes are flying but all in good humor and without any malice. It's somehow refreshing and non-offensive in any way.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

CID1990 wrote:You know, this guy might truly be ashamed of his behavior back then and today may well not have racist views. It wasn’t funny to black people back then, but in 1984 there was next to zero stigma and zero consequence for doing things like that - and many reasonable, racially sensitive people back then might have called it in poor taste, but that was it

Good post. I'd hate to be judged now for some of the stupid shit I did in my youth. People (and times) change.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:What an absolutely ridiculous and insane photo. Needs to step down ASAP.

Why?

What is it with younger people? Why is the first thing that has to happen when a mistake is made is that they lose their job? Its **** retarded, ignorant and totally reeks of privilege!

It was 30+ years ago get over it.
He was 25.

Here’s the thing: I understand it was years ago, people change, and it likely doesn't reflect the Northam of today. But he knew it was out there and didn't address it. Putting aside opinions about the photo, Northam demonstrated he's irresponsible and selfish for allowing this to broadside the VA gov't and Dems.

He's not fit to lead for letting it get to this point and damaging trust. And while I won't speak for it, I don't expect black communities to go along with being governed by a man in KKK garb or blackface.

That said, Northam can be forgiven and still resign; they're not mutually exclusive items.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Just a few years ago, being an active member and leader of the Klan, as a youth, got you a smooch from Hillary and President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate. Trumps fathers alleged Klan affiliation was even prior to Byrds.

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I guess Trip's too young to remember the days when costumes were just good fun and we didn't worry the historical context of the KKK, pirates, cowboys, indians, crusaders, or whatever it was we were dressing up as.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Oh my gosh......a racist Southerner! Color me shocked! :o

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: KKK is the Democrat party.....Why is this News?

Post by SeattleGriz »

Pwns wrote:I guess Trip's too young to remember the days when costumes were just good fun and we didn't worry the historical context of the KKK, pirates, cowboys, indians, crusaders, or whatever it was we were dressing up as.
I dressed up and wanted to be "The Jackson Five" when I was little.

Would hate to see the Left twist that today.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I can see the news a few decades from now:

Democrat Joe Schmoe has dropped out of the presidential race after posts from My Space uncovered the candidate referring to one of his white friends "my nigga" in some apparent banter on the social media platform.

Joe Schmoe's running mate Suzie Q is expected to be selected by the party to replace Schmoe. There was some concern among Democrats that running Q would increase Jared Kushner's chances of winning a second term, but DNC Chairwomxn Tamika Mallory has dismissed these people as "bigots and concern trolls".
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Pwns wrote:I guess Trip's too young to remember the days when costumes were just good fun and we didn't worry the historical context of the KKK, pirates, cowboys, indians, crusaders, or whatever it was we were dressing up as.
I dressed up and wanted to be "The Jackson Five" when I was little.

Would hate to see the Left twist that today.
When we played tag in grade school
You wanted to be It.
But chasing boys was just a fad
You crossed your heart you'd quit.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Pwns wrote:I can see the news a few decades from now:

Democrat Joe Schmoe has dropped out of the presidential race after posts from My Space uncovered the candidate referring to one of his white friends "my n****" in some apparent banter on the social media platform.
By this standard, 93’s political ambitions are toast. :shocking:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Notice that unlike Republicans....Democrats call on him to resign immediately.
Go Black Bears!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

mainejeff wrote:Notice that unlike Republicans....Democrats call on him to resign immediately.
That's because CNN told the Dems he was a Republican. Had they been truthful, there would have been a circling of the wagons.