UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:51 pm
CID1990 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:32 pm
But most importantly, people who quizzically asked “how can Christians vote for Trump” are about to answer their own question in real time at the ballot box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not the same at all because there is reasonable doubt about whether or not the one allegation we are talking about (the Reade allegation) about Biden is true. Christians voting for Trump have a lifetime of Trump behavior to look at. They have stuff like that Access Hollywood video with him behaving like he behaved without any doubt about it. They have countless instances of him being demonstrated to have lied. There is absolutely no doubt that he cheated on his wives repeatedly. They spent decades saying that character matters in a President and now they're saying it doesn't.

It actually is reasonable for Democrats to say they don't know that Biden did what Reade accused him of. It is not reasonable for White Evangelical Christians to say Trump isn't what Trump is.
John, your bias is blinding you to the hypocrisy. It's not that we don't know if Biden did what Reade has accused him of (we don't). It's that Biden stated that all women should be believed and that he and his supporters were adamant that Kavanaugh was guilty based on statements that were probably more questionable than Reade's.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Not the same at all because there is reasonable doubt about whether or not the one allegation we are talking about (the Reade allegation) about Biden is true. Christians voting for Trump have a lifetime of Trump behavior to look at. They have stuff like that Access Hollywood video with him behaving like he behaved without any doubt about it. They have countless instances of him being demonstrated to have lied. There is absolutely no doubt that he cheated on his wives repeatedly. They spent decades saying that character matters in a President and now they're saying it doesn't.

It actually is reasonable for Democrats to say they don't know that Biden did what Reade accused him of. It is not reasonable for White Evangelical Christians to say Trump isn't what Trump is.
John, your bias is blinding you to the hypocrisy. It's not that we don't know if Biden did what Reade has accused him of (we don't). It's that Biden stated that all women should be believed and that he and his supporters were adamant that Kavanaugh was guilty based on statements that were probably more questionable than Reade's.
No. It was never stated that all women should be believed. That's a false narrative being proffered by the right at this time. The way Biden has put it is correct. All women making allegations should be presumed at the start as telling the truth then the situation should be openly investigated. The Republicans did not support that approach with Kavanaugh. The Democrats are supporting that approach with Biden.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:23 pm
No. It was never stated that all women should be believed. That's a false narrative being proffered by the right at this time. The way Biden has put it is correct. All women making allegations should be presumed at the start as telling the truth then the situation should be openly investigated. The Republicans did not support that approach with Kavanaugh. The Democrats are supporting that approach with Biden.
So you're telling me that the Democrats are treating the Biden allegations the same way they treated the Kavanaugh allegations?

And for the accused, presuming the allegations to be the truth is turning the American legal system on it's head. It's the opposite of innocent until proven guilty. I have no problem with giving the allegations credence and investigating them but they should not be presumed to be the truth.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

CID1990 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:32 pm

But most importantly, people who quizzically asked “how can Christians vote for Trump” are about to answer their own question in real time at the ballot box

You are full of crap and irrelevant. I will no longer respond to your delusional posts with more than one sentence.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:27 pm
Baldy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:19 pm Image
The big difference is that the Republicans squashed additional inquiry. They clearly were not interested in investigating the situation. The Demcorats are not doing that. Now, Biden himself should go ahead and say "knock yourselves out" with respect to the University of Delaware materials. I think it's pretty reasonable to think there is nothing incriminating in them since Biden donated the materials.

But the Democrats are not behaving in the "cut the investigation off and don't pursue additional leads" manner that the Republicans did.
You're such a fucking clown show. "Cut the investigation off and don't pursue additional leads manner???" Really? :dunce:

The Donks don't want to even attempt to investigate, much less, "cut the investigation off". Who are the ones "not clearly interested in investigating the situation" now? Reade's allegation is infinitely more credible than any accusation made against Kavanaugh. Never mind the fact that Kavanaugh had previously went through five FBI background checks throughout the years.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

You get more ignorant by the day.

#BelieveAllWomen was a social media campaign started in 2018 by your Leftist friends in opposition to the Kavanaugh nomination, period. You cannot rewrite history no matter how hard you try. All the receipts are out there in social media for everyone to see, you can't lie your way out of this one.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:10 am
mainejeff wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:09 am

You say that like it's a badge of honor...??? :suspicious: How old are you?
Never have. Just pointing out the idiotic hyperbole of your own post.
This whole site is non-stop hyperbole, dickhead. :thumb:
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

kalm wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:38 am
mainejeff wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:21 am I think that we need to assume that every old white man over 70 has groped women at sometime in their life. The upcoming election has always been about the lesser of 2 evils.....just like the 2016 Election....right Conks? ;)

:coffee:

The stupidity of that statement.... :lol:
Explain.

Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:27 pm
Baldy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:19 pm Image
The big difference is that the Republicans squashed additional inquiry. They clearly were not interested in investigating the situation. The Demcorats are not doing that. Now, Biden himself should go ahead and say "knock yourselves out" with respect to the University of Delaware materials. I think it's pretty reasonable to think there is nothing incriminating in them since Biden donated the materials.

But the Democrats are not behaving in the "cut the investigation off and don't pursue additional leads" manner that the Republicans did.
All there is the whole.....one is a lifetime justice on the Supreme Court......ya know....the entity that rules on our nations laws. The other a nominee for President. I think that Trump has proven that the President has really no effect on our personal lives despite groping, abusing, raping multiple women during his lifetime.
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

What makes Reade's "less questionable" (other than she is accusing a Dem)?
Go Black Bears!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

mainejeff wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:56 am
kalm wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:38 am

The stupidity of that statement.... :lol:
Explain.

Ageist and racist.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Baldy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:54 pm Reade's allegation is infinitely more credible than any accusation made against Kavanaugh.
Bull fucking shit.

Go Black Bears!
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

mainejeff wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:05 am
Baldy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:54 pm Reade's allegation is infinitely more credible than any accusation made against Kavanaugh.
Bull fucking shit.

You and JSO should get together. You can teach him brevity and he can teach you words other than "Nuh uhh *Coffee smiley*"
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:23 pm No. It was never stated that all women should be believed. That's a false narrative being proffered by the right at this time.
You have a terrible memory.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:29 pm

You are full of crap and irrelevant. I will no longer respond to your delusional posts with more than one sentence.
really..?
who among us - on this forum - are "relevant" ?
and why is John's type of stubborn contrarianism any different than anybody else's around here?

again:
This is a full-on political rhetoric forum
the only thing that makes it different than facechat or snapface is our own personal delusions
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:16 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:23 pm No. It was never stated that all women should be believed. That's a false narrative being proffered by the right at this time.
You have a terrible memory.
No, just highly selective.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:17 am
CID1990 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:29 pm

really..?
and why is John's type of stubborn contrarianism any different than anybody else's around here?

again:
the only thing that makes it different than facechat or snapface is our own personal delusions
:suspicious: You don't think we have a spectrum of bullshit here?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:49 am
Chizzang wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:17 am

really..?

again:
:suspicious: You don't think we have a spectrum of bullshit here?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

mainejeff wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:01 am
What makes Reade's "less questionable" (other than she is accusing a Dem)?
Who (Dem or Rep) is being accused has nothing to do with which one is more or less questionable. Was Reade under the influence at the time of the alleged incident? Was Blasey Ford? Did Blasey Ford's incident happen in a room with other people and did any of those other people remember the incident? Did Blasey Ford tell anyone about the incident soon after it allegedly occurred? Did Reade?

I'm not saying Blasey Ford wasn't telling the truth, she might have been.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Replying to Clits since the tapatalk quote function isnt working...

We aren’t all irrelevant here

But you regularly consign people on this forum to irrelevance for holding their course in the face of overwhelming evidence or prevailing logic

See: Joltin Joe on religion

or

See: BDKJBBAZGRIZALLTHEWAY on pretty much anything

Don’t go getting all persnickety now that you sympathize with JSOCD. Just pretend like its 2010 and he’s arguing how 14 year olds a fair game or you should be able to kill/cook/fuck your dog because he belongs to you and maybe you won’t feel the urge to jump to this myopic choad’s defense so readily

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:15 am Replying to Clits since the tapatalk quote function isnt working...

But you regularly consign people on this forum to irrelevance for holding their course in the face of overwhelming evidence or prevailing logic

or

Don’t go getting all persnickety now that you sympathize with JSOCD. Just pretend like its 2010 and he’s arguing how 14 year olds a fair game or you should be able to kill/cook/fuck your dog because he belongs to you and maybe you won’t feel the urge to jump to this myopic choad’s defense so readily

Tapatalk has been acting up for me as well here the last week. I logged out and then logged back in but it still glitches occasionally.

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:15 am Replying to Clits since the tapatalk quote function isnt working...

or

Oh no doubt I tell people that they have arrived at the wrong conclusion
but I don't recall ever assigning anyone a fate of irrelevance

I agree that a specific post can be irrelevant for sure
we all make irrelevant posts around here - but assigning irrelevant status to somebody
just because YOU don't like their opinion is very 89hen of you

There is NO WAY JSO is irrelevant
he is one of the largest conundrums on this board - he has befuddled and bewildered the entire forum
and that is NOT irrelevant
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:53 am

or

Tapatalk has been acting up for me as well here the last week. I logged out and then logged back in but it still glitches occasionally.
The Tapatalk quote function has been glitchy since they upgraded the site.

We now Ursus is a good guy so it must be Alphie's fault. ;)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:13 am Oh no doubt I tell people that they have arrived at the wrong conclusion
but I don't recall ever assigning anyone a fate of irrelevance

I agree that a specific post can be irrelevant for sure
we all make irrelevant posts around here - but assigning irrelevant status to somebody
just because YOU don't like their opinion is very 89hen of you

There is NO WAY JSO is irrelevant
he is one of the largest conundrums on this board - he has befuddled and bewildered the entire forum
and that is NOT irrelevant
Your horse is way higher than mine. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:28 pm

So you're telling me that the Democrats are treating the Biden allegations the same way they treated the Kavanaugh allegations?

And for the accused, presuming the allegations to be the truth is turning the American legal system on it's head. It's the opposite of innocent until proven guilty. I have no problem with giving the allegations credence and investigating them but they should not be presumed to be the truth.
And not just the dems...how about the press? 400+ articles on Kavanaugh....half a dozen on Biden.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12