Political discussions
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by 89Hen »

Perfect response GF and exactly what I meant by there is compromise in every one of those.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GF is murdering Trip. Ouch!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:13 pm GF is murdering Trip. Ouch!
This is where Trip writes his defeat off to GF being an unenlightened neanderthal who doesn't get it and disappears for a week or two.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:50 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 am It is easy to pick a side and say anybody who doesn't agree with you is wrong and just ignore them. But to truly understand a particular issue you have to see all the sides and understand where they are coming from. Life is grey, never black and white.

:twocents:
Don't disagree, but this nation has shifted so far right that we've got people like GF sitting on the 20 bitching about the "extremists" on the 40.

Not you, but universal healthcare is a radical position? Give me a f*cking break.
Compare where we are on social issues (race relations, gay rights, marijuana, immigration, health care, etc, etc) now compared to 50, 30, even 20 years ago), and you want to claim we’ve shifted right? :? dunce: :lol: Examples:
-Go look at donk speeches on immigration in the 80s-90s. Sounded like conks now. Regularly used the term illegal immigrant.
-Donks were nearly universally against gay marriage 25-30 years ago.
-Legalizing pot would have been unthinkable a generation ago
-Donks have shifted left on health care- proposing single payer would have been unthinkable a generation ago.
-50+ years removed from segregation..

Is the lefty WaPo fake news that the donk party and America have shifted left?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... s-how-why/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:28 pm
This is where Trip writes his defeat off to GF being an unenlightened neanderthal who doesn't get it and disappears for a week or two.
Sorry if I disappear at times.

It's not easy having a life outside this place. :roll:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:05 pm

Sorry if I disappear at times.

It's not easy having a life outside this place. :roll:
Yeah, being a gamer puts incredible demands on your time. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Yeah. Some of us have families, small children, community events, friends, etc.....yet here we are.

It’s about making the time. Make the time for CS.

Also Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

This is Trump and the Rs 4 years ago rather than D candidates but it's the same thing with Mini Mike buying the tickets and Sanders getting booed last night. Bernie needs to watch and learn.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:13 am Ganny, the US is changing so much around you that one day you're going to wake up and find that you're the extremist.

There's no compromise about people dying for having inadequate health insurance.
There's no compromise for people being thrown in jail for possession of marijuana.
There's no compromise for valuing the environment over profits.
There's no compromise for caring about science and education over the military.

I'll gladly be labeled an extremist now if it means people understand how extreme your positions are later in my life.
You could have stopped at “There’s no compromise.” Because in your warped, twisted world there isn’t. Like any good progtard, it’s either your way or the highway, fuck everybody and everything else.

Look up “point of diminishing returns” and get back to us.

You believe this country is so fucked up, I wonder how we’ve even survived all these years. It’s a goddamned miracle!
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:04 am
kalm wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:51 am

Some solid points but extremely overstated 8-). Languishing in the status quo also has its faults. Complacency for the sake of moderation (aka conservatism) can delay necessary changes and lead to entrenched power. It happens with industries replaced by improved technology (horse and buggy) and governance (hey...why are all these peasants suddenly so mad?).

Evolve or die is true to a point.

:nod:
See, that's the thing, you equate moderation with the status quo. Says who? Making compromises to build coalitions does not mean no progress. That's the trap that firebrands like Trip bury themselves so deep in that they can't see out of anymore. It may mean that you don't get everything you want the moment you want it, but that doesn't mean things are standing still. I'm a centrist and I'm in favor of basic universal health care. People aren't going to like it when we get it (those able - i.e. money - will still get better care by going private, just as they do in most universal systems) but I think we should bring that about. But when you're an extremist like the Trips of the world and you see things as an all or nothing proposition, then things like compromise and measured progress look like status quo. It's their myopia. It comes with the territory when you live all outrage all the time.
You’re assuming outrage here and are dismissive when there may be nothing more than a passionate discussion that upsets your comfy centrist apple cart.

The very application of the word extremist is somewhat of a tell.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:44 am
kalm wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:51 am

Some solid points but extremely overstated 8-). Languishing in the status quo also has its faults. Complacency for the sake of moderation (aka conservatism) can delay necessary changes and lead to entrenched power. It happens with industries replaced by improved technology (horse and buggy) and governance (hey...why are all these peasants suddenly so mad?).

Evolve or die is true to a point.

Trip's way is the dodo bird of evolutionary paths. He pretends to want a European system but that won't be far enough left. Ultimately, he, Bernie and the rest will want to follow the USSR and Venezuela model but they'll argue that we'll get it right this time.

I don't disagree with evolving the system but think we can do a lot better than following fools down the free sh!t path into oblivion.

Ganny and Winter nailed. As I've said before, the greatness of this country was achieved not because we veered to the left (compassion) or right (self reliance) but because of the interplay and compromise between the two.
I love your juxtaposition of compassion vs. self reliance. It’s truly a great point.

But to attribute a desire for Stalinism to Bernie or Trip is unfounded hysterics. It’s akin to seeing Nazis in everyone who wears a red hat.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I enjoy seeing Trumpers and BernieBros accusing each other of being extreme while denying it in themselves

They’re both right and both wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

With Clyburn’s endorsement, Biden should have SC wrapped up. If he wins bigly there, will there be enough time to create “momentum” for Super Tuesday? Some big prizes there: CA, TX, NC, and VA among them.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:17 am With Clyburn’s endorsement, Biden should have SC wrapped up. If he wins bigly there, will there be enough time to create “momentum” for Super Tuesday? Some big prizes there: CA, TX, NC, and VA among them.
Clyburns own family is knocking on doors for Pete. :lol: :lol: The news was asking blacks if the Clyburn endorsement made up there minds....a close to 25% said yes.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:17 am With Clyburn’s endorsement, Biden should have SC wrapped up. If he wins bigly there, will there be enough time to create “momentum” for Super Tuesday? Some big prizes there: CA, TX, NC, and VA among them.
Minnesota and Buttplug should drop out after South Carolina.....that would probably force Pocahontas's hand.
Go Black Bears!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:23 am
Clyburns own family is knocking on doors for Pete. :lol: :lol: The news was asking blacks if the Clyburn endorsement made up there minds....a close to 25% said yes.
That’s pretty significant, no? Especially if black turnout is high.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:55 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:23 am

I think so. Many of them were remarking that endorsements don't mean anything to them.

I'm trying to remind myself to take a tally tonight at the Pete Buttigieg town hall of how many blacks will be in attendance. Pete has made a bee line to the black churches and community centers in the state. From what I've read and heard, he has high support. Including from a gay, black pastor who is openly campaigning for Pete during services.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:36 am
Ivytalk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:55 am

I think so. Many of them were remarking that endorsements don't mean anything to them.

I'm trying to remind myself to take a tally tonight at the Pete Buttigieg town hall of how many blacks will be in attendance. Pete has made a bee line to the black churches and community centers in the state. From what I've read and heard, he has high support. Including from a gay, black pastor who is openly campaigning for Pete during services.
But I thought gayness was Kryptonite for black voters. And Hispanics,
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:36 am

:lol: :clap:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:15 am
Ivytalk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 am

Pete will be lucky to break 10% in SC. :twocents: He and Biden (and Minnesota Nice) are competing for the same pool of voters.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:31 am

Pete will be lucky to break 10% in SC. :twocents: He and Biden (and Minnesota Nice) are competing for the same pool of voters.
I agree 100%
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:31 am

Agreed.
Go Black Bears!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:05 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:44 am
Trip's way is the dodo bird of evolutionary paths. He pretends to want a European system but that won't be far enough left. Ultimately, he, Bernie and the rest will want to follow the USSR and Venezuela model but they'll argue that we'll get it right this time.

I don't disagree with evolving the system but think we can do a lot better than following fools down the free sh!t path into oblivion.

Ganny and Winter nailed. As I've said before, the greatness of this country was achieved not because we veered to the left (compassion) or right (self reliance) but because of the interplay and compromise between the two.
I love your juxtaposition of compassion vs. self reliance. It’s truly a great point.

But to attribute a desire for Stalinism to Bernie or Trip is unfounded hysterics. It’s akin to seeing Nazis in everyone who wears a red hat.
Attributing a desire for Stalinism to Bernie or Trip is hyperbole but my gut tells me that it isn't far from the truth. Look at Trip's posts here, he is absolutely certain that he is right and that anyone who doesn't agree with him is wrong. There is no compromise, it's a "you're either with me or you're against me" attitude. He's closed his mind and refuses to listen to or consider alternatives and that is dangerous and illiberal.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Just fucking brutal. Call off the dogs, GF. :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

We could only hope.