Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Coming soon - President Nancy Pelosi

Post by houndawg »

Dirty Don has served his purpose by appointing two SCOTUS judges, has now become a liability to the Republicans, and will be leaving office in 2019 - hopefully for them before he brings the whole Republican Party down with him. The question is will Pence be caught in the undertow? And to which cabinet position will President Pelosi appoint Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez....?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Re: Coming soon - President Nancy Pelosi

Post by CitadelGrad »

You're kind of not very bright, aren't you?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CitadelGrad wrote:You're kind of not very bright, aren't you?
I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt on this one. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

But in answer to Dawg’s excellent question I’d say either energy or treasury for AOC.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Nancy has no chance of winning the nomination over Beto (time for the over 80 set to think about leaving politics). Question is how Beto feels about AOC and if she'd get a nod. I'm thinking probably not.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:But in answer to Dawg’s excellent question I’d say either energy or treasury for AOC.
Ambassador to Palestine
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

Occasional Cortex will be a one and done IMO. Pelosi should go ahead and begin gathering her belongings to head back to a long awaited retirement in the people's republic of Kalifornia.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:Nancy has no chance of winning the nomination over Beto (time for the over 80 set to think about leaving politics). Question is how Beto feels about AOC and if she'd get a nod. I'm thinking probably not.

No nomination necessary after Trump and Pence go down... :mrgreen:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CitadelGrad wrote:You're kind of not very bright, aren't you?
Yo - you talkin to me head and shoulders boy?

:lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Nancy has no chance of winning the nomination over Beto (time for the over 80 set to think about leaving politics). Question is how Beto feels about AOC and if she'd get a nod. I'm thinking probably not.

Now Pence is going down too? Come on, they'll be lucky to find anything on Trump they can even get the impeachment done through the House. But the odds of him being actually removed from office through the Senate are really thin at best. There's no indication of anything that Pence is involved in any of this, so the odds of Pence being removed in the next two years are as close to zero as you can get. Come on dawgie, you're better than this, no? :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Now Pence is going down too? Come on, they'll be lucky to find anything on Trump they can even get the impeachment done through the House. But the odds of him being actually removed from office through the Senate are really thin at best. There's no indication of anything that Pence is involved in any of this, so the odds of Pence being removed in the next two years are as close to zero as you can get. Come on dawgie, you're better than this, no? :ohno:
I don't expect the Senate to convict him if he gets impeached, which if the donks have a lick of sense they won't even think about since every day he drags the Republican Party down a little further. Much better to let him twist in the wind after Mueller testifies to Congress. While I'm making bold predictions for the rest of you pussies here's another one: The conks will work harder to push him out than the donks will. :thumb:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

If you're going to sell politics as entertainment - especially a reality television show - you can't rehash the same story line over and over again. Trump is quickly becoming a pretty monotonous President; the characters change but he hasn't really mixed up the story in a while. And Americans bore easily.

When Trump's entertainment value plummets past a certain point, he's done for.

He should've just treated politics for what it is, but now reality is catching up to his fantasy world.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

∞∞∞ wrote:If you're going to sell politics as entertainment - especially a reality television show - you can't rehash the same story line over and over again. Trump is quickly becoming a pretty monotonous President; the characters change but he hasn't really mixed up the story in a while.

He should have just treated politics for what it is, but now reality is catching up to his fantasy world.
he was done for as soon as his SCOTUS candidates were confirmed. Watch Mitch McConnell show Trump how to deliver a proper ratfucking... :nod:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

houndawg wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:If you're going to sell politics as entertainment - especially a reality television show - you can't rehash the same story line over and over again. Trump is quickly becoming a pretty monotonous President; the characters change but he hasn't really mixed up the story in a while.

He should have just treated politics for what it is, but now reality is catching up to his fantasy world.
he was done for as soon as his SCOTUS candidates were confirmed. Watch Mitch McConnell show Trump how to deliver a proper ratfucking... :nod:
Agreed, Trump is playing fire with professional pyromancers.

Rule #0: the "Swamp" always wins. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I don't expect the Senate to convict him if he gets impeached, which if the donks have a lick of sense they won't even think about since every day he drags the Republican Party down a little further. Much better to let him twist in the wind after Mueller testifies to Congress. While I'm making bold predictions for the rest of you pussies here's another one: The conks will work harder to push him out than the donks will. :thumb:

That’s it! I’m writing Houndy in for president in 2020!

:notworthy:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:If you're going to sell politics as entertainment - especially a reality television show - you can't rehash the same story line over and over again. Trump is quickly becoming a pretty monotonous President; the characters change but he hasn't really mixed up the story in a while. And Americans bore easily.

He should've just treated politics for what it is, but now reality is catching up to his fantasy world.
Americans (voters in other parlance) kept watching his actual reality show (er, the reality show he had before he developed the Presidential reality show he's running now) long after that thing got monotonous. You're giving American audiences (again, voters) way too much credit for turning off bad entertainment and for boring easily. I agree that if his entertainment value plummeted he'd be done for - problem is, his kind of entertainment is the kind of thing that people haven't been able to turn off for years. Let me know when people stop talking about Trump every other minute and we can start talking about his entertainment value plummeting. :coffee:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

GannonFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:If you're going to sell politics as entertainment - especially a reality television show - you can't rehash the same story line over and over again. Trump is quickly becoming a pretty monotonous President; the characters change but he hasn't really mixed up the story in a while. And Americans bore easily.

Americans (voters in other parlance) kept watching his actual reality show (er, the reality show he had before he developed the Presidential reality show he's running now) long after that thing got monotonous. You're giving American audiences (again, voters) way too much credit for turning off bad entertainment and for boring easily. I agree that if his entertainment value plummeted he'd be done for - problem is, his kind of entertainment is the kind of thing that people haven't been able to turn off for years. Let me know when people stop talking about Trump every other minute and we can start talking about his entertainment value plummeting. :coffee:
Fair enough point.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Tell the White House kitchen staff to get to work on their Mexican food chops.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote:
kalm wrote:

Tell the White House kitchen staff to get to work on their Mexican food chops.
Yes sir. Perhaps you should consider moving the entire operation to Egypt? Middle America deserves some recognition and we could burst the EC(b) bubble.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:

Step 1 to minimizing Trump - have the MSM stop fawning over every tweet, comment, Q&A, etc.. that he does. It's a purely symbiotic relationship. Trump NEEDS the media to fuel his agenda and to be the bad guy. So, the MSM needs to stop giving him what he wants. He is the President, which will make not reporting difficult, but you don't have to report on all the tabloid drama which, sadly, the Mueller Investigation has become. You don't report on his tweets about Mueller or Cohen or Comey. You report the news as it relates to the welfare of the country and its citizens. Leave the tabloid stuff for TMZ.

And when the Investigation is complete - then report on that.

Stop making Trump the story. They are enablers.

:coffee: :twocents:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Step 1 to minimizing Trump - have the MSM stop fawning over every tweet, comment, Q&A, etc.. that he does. It's a purely symbiotic relationship. Trump NEEDS the media to fuel his agenda and to be the bad guy. So, the MSM needs to stop giving him what he wants. He is the President, which will make not reporting difficult, but you don't have to report on all the tabloid drama which, sadly, the Mueller Investigation has become. You don't report on his tweets about Mueller or Cohen or Comey. You report the news as it relates to the welfare of the country and its citizens. Leave the tabloid stuff for TMZ.

So you're saying there'll be no change whatsoever then? :nod:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

MSM is all about money, celebrity, and ratings. They’ll ignore Trump at half past never.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

MSM is all about money, celebrity, and ratings. They’ll ignore Trump at half past never.
Well duh. That's the problem. They bitch and moan about Trump yet all he has to tweet and they'll go off.

Trump could tweet, " I love rolled oats!" and the MSM will have 5 weeks of TV about how Trump is anti-Steel Cut oats and wants to ruin companies that produce steel cut oats.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: MSM is all about money, celebrity, and ratings. They’ll ignore Trump at half past never.
Well duh. That's the problem. They bitch and moan about Trump yet all he has to tweet and they'll go off.

Trump could tweet, " I love rolled oats!" and the MSM will have 5 weeks of TV about how Trump is anti-Steel Cut oats and wants to ruin companies that produce steel cut oats.
And that's the real worry, Trump will come and go, but we're set up now to be far more celebrity focused when picking our candidates than ever before (and it's always been a popularity contest, but at least most of the time the folks we were choosing between had some track record to judge them on). Trump didn't cause it, he just took advantage of it and his playbook will be followed now going forward. Take all the air out of the room, dominate the coverage by any means necessary, and enjoy the free lodgings in the White House for a few years. Maybe we'll get lucky and actually get a decent President every so often. I'm not holding my breath though.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Well duh. That's the problem. They bitch and moan about Trump yet all he has to tweet and they'll go off.

And that's the real worry, Trump will come and go, but we're set up now to be far more celebrity focused when picking our candidates than ever before (and it's always been a popularity contest, but at least most of the time the folks we were choosing between had some track record to judge them on). Trump didn't cause it, he just took advantage of it and his playbook will be followed now going forward. Take all the air out of the room, dominate the coverage by any means necessary, and enjoy the free lodgings in the White House for a few years. Maybe we'll get lucky and actually get a decent President every so often. I'm not holding my breath though.
That crap started with Bill Clinton -

remember how "cool" he was ... playing the sax on Arsenio

"boxers or briefs?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris