Everything I was told to fear about being openly gay has become a reality in being openly conservative.

Political discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Everything I was told to fear about being openly gay has become a reality in being openly conservative.

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
I really don't know many liberals or conservatives that are open minded. Liberals are not open minded about the status quo and conservatives are not open minded about change. There is a happy medium when the two groups can compromise. Or when a person has a balance between what they think is a good change and what is a good policy that doesn't need to change. My personal belief is that most people are in the middle area, where common sense resides.
You're so wishy-washy.
In some circles it called Common Sense.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Everything I was told to fear about being openly gay has become a reality in being openly conservative.

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
css75 wrote:
Being gay is a choice, there is no objective scientific data to support that, there is no gay gene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So when my dog humps my leg, he’s choosing to be gay?
just the opposite.

:mrgreen:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
I really don't know many liberals or conservatives that are open minded. Liberals are not open minded about the status quo and conservatives are not open minded about change. There is a happy medium when the two groups can compromise. Or when a person has a balance between what they think is a good change and what is a good policy that doesn't need to change. My personal belief is that most people are in the middle area, where common sense resides.
You're so wishy-washy.
No kidding. What a fence sitter.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Everything I was told to fear about being openly gay has become a reality in being openly conservative.

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Oh give me a fucking break. That's just flat out hypocritical bullshit, Trip. I'll gladly call out Republicans for their crap as well as the Dems, but you've got to be fucking kidding me with this. It's like you can't even help yourself. You've lost all objectivity. :ohno:
Both sides do it, but I thought Republicans were supposed to be tougher minded. This article is an example of why that might be a myth. For further examples, see all the posts on this board pining on about how bad white males have it in America. I suggest starting with pwns or AZ.
The white male thing is true, it's now socially acceptable for the left to treats us like blacks and fags 50 years ago. They become champions to the left for doing so.

I'm not crying about it just pointing out that it's happening. They know what will happen if they do that shit to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: RE: Re: Everything I was told to fear about being openly gay has become a reality in being openly conservative.

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Both sides do it, but I thought Republicans were supposed to be tougher minded. This article is an example of why that might be a myth. For further examples, see all the posts on this board pining on about how bad white males have it in America. I suggest starting with pwns or AZ.
The white male thing is true, it's now socially acceptable for the left to treats us like blacks and fags 50 years ago. They become champions to the left for doing so.

I'm not crying about it just pointing out that it's happening. They know what will happen if they do that shit to me.

Whatever, Lamar.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
kalm wrote:

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

There are 3 people in the western US that would totally disagree with both youse two

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Everything I was told to fear about being openly gay has become a reality in being openly conservati

Post by UNI88 »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I'm not crying about it just pointing out that it's happening. They know what will happen if they do that **** to me.

You'll drop your pants and grab your ankles? :D

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

∞∞∞ wrote:I was listening to that yesterday too. I guess you missed the portion where experiments were conducted which showed psychiatrists couldn't distinguish heterosexuals and homosexuals from each other.
If you're talking about the Hooker study that was not an experiment. It was an observational study. And I've written about the problems with it before. The Hooker study selected homosexuals and heterosexuals carefully to ensure that only those who showed no problems were selected. In other words: There is an association between other problems and homosexuality. But Hooker said she would only pick people who did not show other problems. then she made a big deal about the fact that the groups she compared were not different in terms of having other problems. It was not a valid study. It was published. It was touted. But it was not a valid study.

You can look at the Hooker study at https://www.scribd.com/document/3596537 ... Hooker-pdf. What you can see if you read through it is that she eliminated subjects with adjustment problems beforehand. How can you make a statement about an association between homosexuality and adjustment or lack thereof when you eliminate potential subjects with adjustment problems beforehand?

The study is complete crap.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I was listening to that yesterday too. I guess you missed the portion where experiments were conducted which showed psychiatrists couldn't distinguish heterosexuals and homosexuals from each other.
If you're talking about the Hooker study that was not an experiment. It was an observational study. And I've written about the problems with it before. The Hooker study selected homosexuals and heterosexuals carefully to ensure that only those who showed no problems were selected. In other words: There is an association between other problems and homosexuality. But Hooker said she would only pick people who did not show other problems. then she made a big deal about the fact that the groups she compared were not different in terms of having other problems. It was not a valid study. It was published. It was touted. But it was not a valid study.

You can look at the Hooker study at https://www.scribd.com/document/3596537 ... Hooker-pdf. What you can see if you read through it is that she eliminated subjects with adjustment problems beforehand. How can you make a statement about an association between homosexuality and adjustment or lack thereof when you eliminate potential subjects with adjustment problems beforehand?

The study is complete crap.
You mean they have homosexual hookers? :shock:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.