Everything I was told to fear about being openly gay has become a reality in being openly conservative.

Political discussions
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: Everything I was told to fear about being openly gay has become a reality in being openly conservative.

Post by Chizzang »

Note to self:
Bias confirmation is so powerful
conservatives will even take a gay man seriously for once

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Everything I was told to fear about being openly gay has become a reality in being openly conservative.

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:Liberal to me simply means open minded and pro-freedom.
:rofl: OK Trip.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/conse ... 1831029271

Some chick on deadspin wrote something in response to this article and said this:
One of the first prominent right-wing fags whose sexuality was central to his scam was Milo Yiannopoulos. Remember this guy? He’s basically banned from the Internet and reportedly deep in debt at the moment.
"Right-wing fags" :lol:

How woke and tolerant.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:Liberal to me simply means open minded and pro-freedom.
:rofl: OK Trip.
:?

Trip Has become like an evil combo of Marx, Saul Alinsky, Ocasio-Cortez, and Krampus.

He’s what goes bump in the night for you conks.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:So there is finally an article written by a gay guy
that evangelicals will actually read and value his opinion...

well how about that

I narrowed your extra wide brush for you

(significantly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:Note to self:
Bias confirmation is so powerful
conservatives will even take a gay man seriously for once

Somebody call Clitzang and tell him to stop giving Houndawg his password
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: :rofl: OK Trip.

Trip Has become like an evil combo of Marx, Saul Alinsky, Ocasio-Cortez, and Krampus.

I like Trip. I think he's naive, short-sighted and prone to stereotyping/painting with a broad brush but I appreciate his idealism. Does that mean I'm not a conk? 89 says I'm really a conservative.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:It's true, but it doesn't really bother me that much. I'll be gone before the real fun starts

Conservatives at the State Dept are like hen's teeth and we jokingly refer to ourselves as the "new queers".... we're the "Q" in LGBTQ

One thing is for sure - if you want to talk about touchstone liberal topics at DoS nobody will mess with you. But if you criticize any of the progressive golden calves you'll get a VERY strident reaction. It's like everybody has a permission slip to call you a moron or a Nazi if you don't have the correct viewpoints

:shock:

Is the chain of command aware of this situation? Nobody should have to work in that kind of pressure-cooker atmosphere. :ohno:
don't tell me how people do or don't behave in my workplace and I won't tell you what height your customers prefer to have their grass cut

BTW it isn't called "chain of command" at DoS

That's too militaristic and we don't want to sound like a bunch of retrogressive knuckle dragging baby killers
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think that if you look at various definitions of "conservative" and "liberal" the big picture is that in those terms "conservative" means resistant to change while "liberal" means open to change.

For that reason I think that sometimes there are questions about what we label as "conservative" or "liberal." Sometimes the positions we call "conservative" in the United States are calling for change while positions we call "liberal" are calling for the status quo. I think you all can think of examples of those things.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

kalm wrote:

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote:I like Trip. I think he's naive, short-sighted and prone to stereotyping/painting with a broad brush but I appreciate his idealism. Does that mean I'm not a conk? 89 says I'm really a conservative.
Gotta have some idealism to balance out all the jaded motherfuckers here. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
UNI88 wrote:I like Trip. I think he's naive, short-sighted and prone to stereotyping/painting with a broad brush but I appreciate his idealism. Does that mean I'm not a conk? 89 says I'm really a conservative.
Gotta have some idealism to balance out all the jaded motherfuckers here. :coffee:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:It's true, but it doesn't really bother me that much. I'll be gone before the real fun starts

Conservatives at the State Dept are like hen's teeth and we jokingly refer to ourselves as the "new queers".... we're the "Q" in LGBTQ

One thing is for sure - if you want to talk about touchstone liberal topics at DoS nobody will mess with you. But if you criticize any of the progressive golden calves you'll get a VERY strident reaction. It's like everybody has a permission slip to call you a moron or a Nazi if you don't have the correct viewpoints

:shock:

Is the chain of command aware of this situation? Nobody should have to work in that kind of pressure-cooker atmosphere. :ohno:
Hell. They are probably the ones promoting it. When I was at the VA prior to retiring, people had shrines to Obama in their offices. The only time the Logan Act was even mentioned is if someone said or did something conservatives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:

I was referring to Trip's knee jerk of conservatives being afraid of new ideas.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:

I was referring to Trip's knee jerk of conservatives being afraid of new ideas.
I don't know if he linked to any articles but there have been several that show studies (the Journal Science, Psychology today) suggesting that's the case (or they are at least more driven by fear), including this recent one...
From the moment Donald Trump began his Presidential campaign the fearmongering has been almost non-stop. When Trump proclaimed that rapist and murderers were crossing into the United States from Mexico, it stirred up something in his support base and since that time, the President has continued to divide our country. It turns out, the brains of his conservative voters are wired differently and Trump’s messaging is targeting their thought processes with surprising efficacy.

https://hillreporter.com/brain-scan-stu ... fear-16707

Boo!

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

:lol: Yeah, I'm probably going to skip that article. Fear-mongering you say?

phpBB [video]
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I like Trip. I think he's naive, short-sighted and prone to stereotyping/painting with a broad brush but I appreciate his idealism. Does that mean I'm not a conk? 89 says I'm really a conservative.
A Liberal Archie Bunker? :D
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:American democracy is a much harder thing to take that kind of control over (just too messy and too for the moment), but from the suppression of speech, to the seemingly okay attitude towards violence against those who have different ideas, to the seemingly easy attitude to finding any ways to change government (Electoral College, court packing, etc) to ensure lasting political control that hasn't been found at the ballot box are all things that are far more similar to a fascist point of view than anything we've seen to date.
Bingo.
Wisconsin. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Being conservative is a choice. Being gay is not.

You're judged according to the choices you make, not who you are as a person.

Nobody plays the victim card quite like Republicans though...
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:
There's nothing wrong with idealism. Having a healthy dose of it is essential to improving our country. Our country should always be improving itself.

It's when you discount everyone else and think you have all the answers is when people get pissed. It's amazing that Democrats and Republicans have all the answers.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:Being conservative is a choice. Being gay is not.

Oh give me a fucking break. That's just flat out hypocritical bullshit, Trip. I'll gladly call out Republicans for their crap as well as the Dems, but you've got to be fucking kidding me with this. It's like you can't even help yourself. You've lost all objectivity. :ohno:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Gotta have some idealism to balance out all the jaded motherfuckers here. :coffee:
There's nothing wrong with idealism. Having a healthy dose of it is essential to improving our country. Our country should always be improving itself.

It's when you discount everyone else and think you have all the answers is when people get pissed. It's amazing that Democrats and Republicans have all the answers.
I don’t believe you.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote:

Oh give me a fucking break. That's just flat out hypocritical bullshit, Trip. I'll gladly call out Republicans for their crap as well as the Dems, but you've got to be fucking kidding me with this. It's like you can't even help yourself. You've lost all objectivity. :ohno:
Both sides do it, but I thought Republicans were supposed to be tougher minded. This article is an example of why that might be a myth. For further examples, see all the posts on this board pining on about how bad white males have it in America. I suggest starting with pwns or AZ.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote:

Oh give me a **** break. That's just flat out hypocritical bullshit, Trip. I'll gladly call out Republicans for their crap as well as the Dems, but you've got to be **** kidding me with this. It's like you can't even help yourself. You've lost all objectivity. :ohno:
I was never objective to begin with. And I'm perfectly ok with that.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Oh give me a **** break. That's just flat out hypocritical bullshit, Trip. I'll gladly call out Republicans for their crap as well as the Dems, but you've got to be **** kidding me with this. It's like you can't even help yourself. You've lost all objectivity. :ohno:
I was never objective to begin with.
Truer words have never been spoken by you.

Who needs objectivity when blind loyalty works so well for you, right?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12