What can be done about Conservative talk show lying?

Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

What can be done about Conservative talk show lying?

Post by JohnStOnge »

I'm just writing this because I heard a particularly egregious example today. I was driving listening to Sean Hannity. And he was stirring the pot. He was saying that Florida election officials had violated the law because they didn't report all early voting and vote by mail results within 30 minutes of polls closing. On and on.

So I looked up the statute. It's at http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/ind ... 2.141.html.

Here is what it says with respect to what that lying SOB Hannity was talking about:
The canvassing board shall report all early voting and all tabulated vote-by-mail results to the Department of State within 30 minutes after the polls close. Thereafter, the canvassing board shall report, with the exception of provisional ballot results, updated precinct election results to the department at least every 45 minutes until all results are completely reported. The supervisor of elections shall notify the department immediately of any circumstances that do not permit periodic updates as required. Results shall be submitted in a format prescribed by the department.
As you can see, there is no real limit. But we have 10s of millions of people who were listening to that A hole today thinking something nefarious went on.

I am conservative. But we have a real problem right now with outright lying on the conservative side. This has got to stop.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: What can be done about Conservative talk show lying?

Post by Pwns »

JohnStOnge wrote:I'm just writing this because I heard a particularly egregious example today. I was driving listening to Sean Hannity. And he was stirring the pot. He was saying that Florida election officials had violated the law because they didn't report all early voting and vote by mail results within 30 minutes of polls closing. On and on.

So I looked up the statute. It's at http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/ind ... 2.141.html.

Here is what it says with respect to what that lying SOB Hannity was talking about:
The canvassing board shall report all early voting and all tabulated vote-by-mail results to the Department of State within 30 minutes after the polls close. Thereafter, the canvassing board shall report, with the exception of provisional ballot results, updated precinct election results to the department at least every 45 minutes until all results are completely reported. The supervisor of elections shall notify the department immediately of any circumstances that do not permit periodic updates as required. Results shall be submitted in a format prescribed by the department.
As you can see, there is no real limit. But we have 10s of millions of people who were listening to that A hole today thinking something nefarious went on.

I am conservative. But we have a real problem right now with outright lying on the conservative side. This has got to stop.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

I guess when liberal media has to stop lying, then the conservative talk shows will follow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

John,
Sean Hannity might as well be part of the Trump administration
He is quite literally a sock puppet

And if I were you I'd give up on trying to "track the lying"
It's just a nonstop tidal wave of lies coming from the administration

Just go get your Libertarian voters registration card and walk away
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

JohnStOnge wrote:I'm just writing this because I heard a particularly egregious example today. I was driving listening to Sean Hannity. And he was stirring the pot. He was saying that Florida election officials had violated the law because they didn't report all early voting and vote by mail results within 30 minutes of polls closing. On and on.

You are not a Conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Oh my God, someone on the radio lied and you didn't call the police?
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JSO probably has the worst case of TDS on this or any message board. Speaking of telling fibs, JSO Claiming to be a conservative rates up there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

Chizzang wrote:John,

I agree. He's just a Trump water carrier and doesn't even realize the stuff he's saying isn't true. Hannity has been uninteresting ever since Alan Colmes left his show on Fox.
Celebrate Diversity.*
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Pwns wrote:

I agree. He's just a Trump water carrier and doesn't even realize the stuff he's saying isn't true. Hannity has been uninteresting ever since Alan Colmes left his show on Fox.
I don't think Hannity is stupid enough to not know what he's doing..
He knows he's lying

What I find particularly interesting about you Pwns
is you think Hannity doesn't know he's lying (which frankly stretches credibility itself)
Simultaneously you think Trump does know when he's lying
but is so bad at it that it's more childish than harmful

But Obama who was scored as lying 10% of the time was a master liar of the most dangerous sort

So the guy that lies every single day and sometimes several times a day is harmless
and his henchmen are so comically inept they don't even know they're lying
and the whole thing is just a wash...

:clap:

and you never answered my questions
1) Has the Tax break for corporations and the top 5% increased the deficit..?
2) Is this administration - after dramatically increasing the deficit - now using that deficit
3) As a tool to remove social programs

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
Pwns wrote:
But Obama who was scored as lying 10% of the time was a master liar of the most dangerous sort
He certainly did choose his lies more carefully... and with policy/legislative implications

like, "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Chizzang wrote: Sean Hannity might as well be part of the Trump administration
You might have this backwards.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:
Pwns wrote:
He knows he's lying

is you think Hannity doesn't know he's lying (which frankly stretches credibility itself)

So the guy that lies every single day and sometimes several times a day is harmless

2) Is this administration - after dramatically increasing the deficit - now using that deficit

Yes, the deficit is increasing, largely through out-of-control entitlement spending that Trump and all other Presidents before him have vowed not to touch. Same with Congress. If you’re talking about relatively small social programs like SNAP, benefits actually started to decline in Obama’s second term.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Pwns wrote:

Hannity is one of millions that have succumbed to the cult of personality. It's us vs them and it doesn't matter who you have in your corner, you defend them tooth and nail.

Last week, a Republican was explaining his victory and he stated that he could disagree with Trump and not attack him. That was the difference. He separated policy from personality. We don't have that. You have to be lock step behind drumpf...or else you're traitorous or a loser or some other lame term he slings at you. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Your first mistake is not taking some meds for your TDS.

Your 2nd mistake is listening to Sean Hannity. Everybody needs to stop listening to the idiots on TV or the radio, whether it be Hannity, Rush, Maddow, etc. All they do is inflame people so you go back and watch again to help their ratings. And they laugh all the way to the bank.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

Chizzang wrote:
Pwns wrote:
He knows he's lying

It's not that hard a concept, Chizz. A lie is a deliberate act about deceit and not just saying something that isn't true.

There is a difference in arguing from bad information or a misunderstanding of facts (and Broward county certainly has history of contempt for election law) and just making schit up. Trump might parrot some things he hears from Twitter or Breitbart or one of the hot ladies on Fox and Friends, but that's not what makes him a liar.

To compare Trump to Hannity is like comparing a fire-and-brimstone conservative baptist preacher to (insert your least-favorite televangelist). At least the former believes the stuff he is preaching.

BTW, I know people who met Sean Hannity from when GWB he was with GWB campaigning in Statesboro for Max Burns' reelection to the House. They all said he's a genuinely nice guy not too good to talk to anyone.
Celebrate Diversity.*
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

HI54UNI wrote:Your first mistake is not taking some meds for your TDS.

Your 2nd mistake is listening to Sean Hannity. Everybody needs to stop listening to the idiots on TV or the radio, whether it be Hannity, Rush, Maddow, etc. All they do is inflame people so you go back and watch again to help their ratings. And they laugh all the way to the bank.
:nod: They are nothing more than circus ringmasters getting the audience to come back and see something they have already seen/heard before. IMHO, there are better uses of ones time then to pay attention to people, that after a full day of talking all they ended up doing is moving hot air around.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JSO wrote:What can be done about Conservative talk show lying?
Stop listening dumbass.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
JSO wrote:What can be done about Conservative talk show lying?
Stop listening dumbass.
This is true. I used to listen to Hannity back when they’re was nothing else on. Once I quit I immediately became semi-literate.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Stop listening dumbass.
This is true. I used to listen to Hannity back when they’re was nothing else on. Once I quit I immediately became semi-literate.
:tothehand: You can't prove that.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I listen to Hannity and Rush purely for the entertainment, even then it might be 2x a month. The talking heads are conflating opinions with facts and there are plenty of idiots that can’t tell the difference.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
:tothehand: You can't prove that.
Darn
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Get rid of CNN lies then we can discuss this, until then STFU

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote: 1) Has the Tax break for corporations and the top 5% increased the deficit..?

Revenue was up 1% in 2018. Spending was up something like 6 or 7%. As you've said for years, we don't have a revenue problem.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote: 1) Has the Tax break for corporations and the top 5% increased the deficit..?

Break this one down for me, Z. Shouldn't we really be kicking ass on the deficit better than this?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/busi ... venue.html