Political discussions
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: RIP - Seattle

Post by mainejeff »

Chizzang wrote:If the goal of the Russian Facebook and Social Media Hacking is to create division
and to destabilize the population / It looks like they've won

They're still bombing us was fake articles about feminists dumping bleach on men
and all variety of other divisive crap which combined with the real things happening
is a convoluted mess of real and fake hysteria

As a result we've got a guy like Jeff
Who swears that we're all at war with each other

The world is whatever you make it I guess
You wouldn't be able to identify real anger if hit you in the face.

Thanks Donald J. Trump!

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

mainejeff wrote:
Chizzang wrote:If the goal of the Russian Facebook and Social Media Hacking is to create division
and to destabilize the population / It looks like they've won

They're still bombing us was fake articles about feminists dumping bleach on men
and all variety of other divisive crap which combined with the real things happening
is a convoluted mess of real and fake hysteria

As a result we've got a guy like Jeff
Who swears that we're all at war with each other

The world is whatever you make it I guess

Thanks Donald J. Trump!

All anyone needs to do is type, "Antifa" or "Leftists" into Google. Plenty of hate and anger coming out from that side. Plenty of violence coming from your side. Plenty of incivility.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Thanks Donald J. Trump!

All anyone needs to do is type, "Antifa" or "Leftists" into Google. Plenty of hate and anger coming out from that side. Plenty of violence coming from your side. Plenty of incivility.
What about on here? Should we take everyone at face value?.....or are we all just faking it?

Is everyone just feigning anger?......is this all just sarcasm? Locker room talk?

I guess everyone is like Donald J. Trump now......they are just kidding and not serious.....until they are. That wreaks of :loko:

I get the feeling that 80% of posters on here are Conks looking to :jack: each other off politically and get upset when others with different political views show up to the party.

Go Black Bears!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: RIP - Seattle

Post by SeattleGriz »

mainejeff wrote:
Ibanez wrote: All anyone needs to do is type, "Antifa" or "Leftists" into Google. Plenty of hate and anger coming out from that side. Plenty of violence coming from your side. Plenty of incivility.
What about on here? Should we take everyone at face value?.....or are we all just faking it?

Is everyone just feigning anger?......is this all just sarcasm? Locker room talk?

I guess everyone is like Donald J. Trump now......they are just kidding and not serious.....until they are. That wreaks of :loko:

I get the feeling that 80% of posters on here are Conks looking to :jack: each other off politically and get upset when others with different political views show up to the party.

Yeah. We've all been coming to this board for YEARS, just waiting for that one moment.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

SeattleGriz wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Yeah. We've all been coming to this board for YEARS, just waiting for that one moment.
Yeah.....this board hasn't changed at all in the last decade. :roll:

Excuses excuses. Conks are kings in that regard.

Go Black Bears!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Yeah. We've all been coming to this board for YEARS, just waiting for that one moment.

How dare you insult this liberal bastion of progressiveness. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mainejeff wrote:
Ibanez wrote: All anyone needs to do is type, "Antifa" or "Leftists" into Google. Plenty of hate and anger coming out from that side. Plenty of violence coming from your side. Plenty of incivility.

I didn’t say there wasn’t anger on the Right side.

I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy, Sea Biscuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

I didn’t say there wasn’t anger on the Right side.

Why are you pointing out "my hypocrisy" from the post that you quoted? That doesn't even make sense. I asked a bunch of questions.....whatever. :roll:
Go Black Bears!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mainejeff wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I didn’t say there wasn’t anger on the Right side.

Why are you pointing out "my hypocrisy" from the post that you quoted? That doesn't even make sense. I asked a bunch of questions.....whatever. :roll:
The hypocrisy is that you bitch and moan about Republicans being this and that yet you never say a fucking word about your own party. You're either oblivious, ignorant or intellectually dishonest about the fact that BOTH parties suck. BOTH parties have bad apples. BOTH parties have good/bad policies. BOTH parties are to blame. It's not one or the other...it's BOTH.

Heads up, Copernicus, most people on here have Conservative leanings but will be the 1st to admit the faults of Trump and the Republicans.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

*YAWN*
Go Black Bears!
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Been to Maine, one word sums it up: Overrated. Fortunately, the people we met there were very nice and civil, unlike you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Yeah. We've all been coming to this board for YEARS, just waiting for that one moment.

Violence, anger, rioting, attacks. Donks are kings in that regard.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
Well I'm in Maine but I would live in or visit "sanctuary" cities any day over Red State cities!

You're missing out. Most people in red states don't give a damn about your personal life...just don't shove it down their throats.

One of my oldest friends, is transitioning to female. He's been dressing like a woman for years, acknowledges that he's a man but he isn't "loud and proud" like some of the people that he see's in the same community.

He's also had an extremely successful career in the Deep South in sales. I guess all those hicks don't care about his appearance or presence...just his deals on flooring. :twocents:
I lived in a southern red state. Your statement is bullshit.
:thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
The hypocrisy is that you bitch and moan about Republicans being this and that yet you never say a **** word about your own party. You're either oblivious, ignorant or intellectually dishonest about the fact that BOTH parties suck. BOTH parties have bad apples. BOTH parties have good/bad policies. BOTH parties are to blame. It's not one or the other...it's BOTH.

Heads up, Copernicus, most people on here have Conservative leanings but will be the 1st to admit the faults of Trump and the Republicans.
Under most circumstances that's all true

But in the last couple years there has only been one side that has been advocating "get in their faces" ... encouraging and openly instructing their folks to harass and intimidate people

Even Holder and Hillary have gotten in on the action

I don't recall GOP folks encouraging that kind of thing for the entire 8 years Obama was in office

(But someone reportedly dropped the N word at a rally in DC and it ate up a couple weeks of coverage in the MSM)

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
The hypocrisy is that you bitch and moan about Republicans being this and that yet you never say a **** word about your own party. You're either oblivious, ignorant or intellectually dishonest about the fact that BOTH parties suck. BOTH parties have bad apples. BOTH parties have good/bad policies. BOTH parties are to blame. It's not one or the other...it's BOTH.

But in the last couple years there has only been one side that has been advocating "get in their faces" ... encouraging and openly instructing their folks to harass and intimidate people

I don't recall GOP folks encouraging that kind of thing for the entire 8 years Obama was in office

(But someone reportedly dropped the N word at a rally in DC and it ate up a couple weeks of coverage in the MSM)

OH BS. Trump has been encouraging violence for 2 1/2 years.

Trump has been encouraging violence against the Press, against minorities, against women.

Of course the straight white guys don't see any of that - you all are among the blindest fuckers around.
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
Ibanez wrote: You're missing out. Most people in red states don't give a damn about your personal life...just don't shove it down their throats.

One of my oldest friends, is transitioning to female. He's been dressing like a woman for years, acknowledges that he's a man but he isn't "loud and proud" like some of the people that he see's in the same community.

He's also had an extremely successful career in the Deep South in sales. I guess all those hicks don't care about his appearance or presence...just his deals on flooring. :twocents:
You getting lots of protesting and violence at your gay softball league games?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Trump has been encouraging violence against the Press, against minorities, against women.

Of course the straight white guys don't see any of that - you all are among the blindest **** around.
I see

And as a result, we have Dem legislators being hounded in restaurants, elevators

Dem legislators being shot

I recall Trump being boorish at his rallies - but I don't recall him making "get in their faces" as some kind of blanket policy announcement. Yet we have a number of prominent Dem legislators (two of whom will be running for Prez in 2020) actually saying the words -

The actual mob behavior at this point in time is almost exclusively on the left. If some right winder had shot up a bunch of Congresscritters at a baseball game it would still be headline news. If they got in what's her name's face at a restaurant the narrative would be very different (sexists, racists)

Just own it, Jon - you're fine with the behavior as long as it targets conservatives

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID,
If Jon is supposed own the entire Social Justice misbehavior
Why aren't you owning Donald Trumps behavior

As far as I can tell everybody is trying to distance themselves from the NUTS
and everybody should be allowed an out on this one
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:CID,
What the hell is there for me to own? Why don't you own him? Damn that's disappointing coming from you, Clodz

If you see me minimizing or making excuses for the right trying to terrorize people then feel free to point it out and then Ill be happy to "own it"

I didn't vote for the asshole and I won't vote for him in the next election either - because he's a statist big spender just like his 2016 opponent -

My point is that there are actual Dems like Eric Holder and Clinton who are supporting this new trend of encouraging intimidation tactics after the fact - people are actually doing these things and then theyre getting backup from prominent Dems

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:
Ibanez wrote: You're missing out. Most people in red states don't give a damn about your personal life...just don't shove it down their throats.

I LIVE in the South....my statement is spot on. Of course, there are always exceptions. But most of the time, people want to be left alone.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

I went to the Charleston Tea Party and it was exactly that - people shrieking against Dems and a few threatening violence.

BUT, I do agree that during the 8 yrs of Obummer, we didn't see Republicans acting like the Democrats are now. We aren't civil towards one another - and that's got to stop.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Of course the straight white guys don't see any of that - you all are among the blindest fuckers around.

All you've said is that it's acceptable when Democrats do it.

You're part of the problem. You're actually no better than the MAGA Mouth Breathing Trump Supporters.

And aside from things he's said at rallys during the campaign (like wanting to beat a guy up) I don't recall Trump telling people in a news conference to attack minorities or women. Can you please post your proof? I'd like to see it. I'd like to see his call to arms. :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I think the difference is people like CID and myself will be the very first to call out Trump and Republicans out for their bullshit and anyone that supports him.

Jon and Jeff either can't or won't. They see themselves and the Democratic party as above reproach.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ibanez wrote:

I think the difference is people like CID and myself will be the very first to call out Trump and Republicans out for their bullshit and anyone that supports him.

Jon and Jeff either can't or won't. They see themselves and the Democratic party as above reproach.
Meh,
If you're going to call somebody out for the fringe behavior of others based on political brands
You have to own your own as well

We have a president that looks to happily incite violence against others at his weekly rallies
66% of what he says at his rallies is actually false information

and when it actually works - where he succeeds in agitating the masses
We're all left pointing at each other to see who's fault it is

Look no further than our insane leadership and his tactics
The right went insane for 12 months because Obama said some kid might be like his son

:lol:

If you're having trouble figuring out why our Nation is edging towards insanity
please include the President in your calculations firstly and start there
you know... the leader of the free world and most powerful man on earth

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3941 ... d-violence
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I think the difference is people like CID and myself will be the very first to call out Trump and Republicans out for their bullshit and anyone that supports him.

Meh,
If you're going to call somebody out for the fringe behavior of others based on political brands
You have to own your own as well

We have a president that looks to happily incite violence against others at his weekly rallies
66% of what he says at his rallies is actually false information

and when it actually works - where he succeeds in agitating the masses
We're all left pointing at each other to see who's fault it is

Look no further than our insane leadership and his tactics
The right went insane for 12 months because Obama said some kid might be like his son

:lol:

If you're having trouble figuring out why our Nation is edging towards insanity
please include the President in your calculations firstly and start there
you know... the leader of the free world and most powerful man on earth

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3941 ... d-violence
I don't disagree. If I'm supposed to represent white men (which is laughable) I have no qualms calling the MAGA crowd out. The "lock her up" chants are ridiculous. I've called out AlphaGriz and others for mocking Michelle Obama - it's childish and only divides us. Trump is a buffoon and he is certainly flaming the flames...but those embers have been there long before he announced his candidacy. The Republicans had made many stupid errors and statements, like McConnell saying the GOP in Congress' goal is to refuse a 2nd term for Obama. They are all obstructionists.

Like I've been saying - we're uncivil towards each other and it's got to stop. Every time it's brought up, someone on the L says, " well you guys did it first." Sadly, it takes an adult to stand up say, " Regardless of who started it...it's up to US to finish it." But that's political suicide in this day in age. I'm guilty of it, I know. I bring it up to reinforce the fact to Jon, Jeff, Trip that the party they believe to be the right party is just as guilty of mud slinging and dirty politics as the party they bemoan and loathe.

You've seen me say it plenty on here - both parties are awful. Locally, most Republicans are not worth my vote. They seem to not understand the concept that we are not a religious country and don't need to regulate who goes into which bathroom. Nationally, the Democrats are certainly not worth my vote. It's identity over substance and things that matter like immigration or hardening our infrastructure.

It's interesting what we actually agree on. I don't know how accurate this is but it seems to be in the ballpark

I guess what i'm saying is....can't we all just share a beer and be excellent to one another?
:rant: