Political discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Does Anyone Disagree With This?

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:Oldie but a goodie.

I think he's almost 100% right but the truth is, most people don't care enough or are too intellectually lazy and complacent to do anything about it. It's much easier to bitch about the other. As Carlin implies, it's almost like it's by design.

Warning to conservatives...this also sounds similar in many ways to Bernie Sanders.

phpBB [video]
Old news, and Bernie is part of the Owner group, and was looking to be a more important chess piece in the owners group. JP Morgan, Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie never had anything to do with political elections. :roll:

Even the USSR had it's owners group, after the people revolted.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
kalm wrote:Oldie but a goodie.

I think he's almost 100% right but the truth is, most people don't care enough or are too intellectually lazy and complacent to do anything about it. It's much easier to bitch about the other. As Carlin implies, it's almost like it's by design.

Warning to conservatives...this also sounds similar in many ways to Bernie Sanders.

phpBB [video]
Old news, and Bernie is part of the Owner group, and was looking to be a more important chess piece in the owners group. JP Morgan, Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie never had anything to do with political elections. :roll:

I don't think you understand what "Owner group" means here, Gil. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
There are a few things ^ in your response that require updating

1) Nowhere does Sanders try to create a system where everybody is the same
Mostly he wants to remove Tax loopholes and create a system with complete visibility
The uber wealthy have ZERO interest in visibility and removal of loopholes

2) America is NOT a Free Market Society
Our Federal Government picks the winners (See: Comcast & GM as just a few examples among thousands)
and in very much the same way our society picks the winners

:coffee:

You're almost in a state of complete denial

To your first point, what you stated is part of his proposed plan. But he also states free tuition for everybody, single payer health care, universal kindergarten/pre-school, and wealth inequality. To make that work somebody has to give up something in order to balance out the "inequality". Whether that is individuals or corporations.

For your second, I agree America is no longer a Free Market Society (and never really was) but it was founded with those ideals in mind. I do not believe we will ever reach a truly free market but I much prefer our current mixed one to one where if I can be potentially penalized if I earn more.

As for being almost in a state of complete denial, one usually has to pass though it to find the state of enlightenment.
RING THE FUCKING BELLS AND SWEET JESUS HALLELUJAH!!! A CONSERVATIVE FINALLY ADMITS WE HAVE A MIXED ECONOMY!!!!!!

:notworthy:

(This Winterborn dude is a nice addition to the forum :nod: )
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

Doesn't sound like we are on the same page, I was referring to what Carlin was talking about.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
kalm wrote:
Doesn't sound like we are on the same page, I was referring to what Carlin was talking about.
I
Spoiler: show
still
don't think you understand what "Owner group" means here, Gil. :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
I
still
Typical progressive :lol:

I agree with what Carlin said, but you find something that we are not on the same page as, and try an make yourself look better. :nod:

You are saying Carnegie, Morgan etal, were not part of the owners group, and Sanders was not trying to improve his standing with the owners group? :o
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
kalm wrote:
I
still

I agree with what Carlin said, but you find something that we are not on the same page as, and try an make yourself look better. :nod:

You are saying Carnegie, Morgan etal, were not part of the owners group, and Sanders was not trying to improve his standing with the owners group? :o
Huh? I said Carnegie etc were not a part of the owners group? No but yes to your Sanders question.

Your direction in this thread...

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

Huh? I said Carnegie etc were not a part of the owners group? No but yes to your Sanders question.

Your direction in this thread...
What ever you say smarty.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

[quote="kalm

RING THE FUCKING BELLS AND SWEET JESUS HALLELUJAH!!! A CONSERVATIVE FINALLY ADMITS WE HAVE A MIXED ECONOMY!!!!!!

:notworthy:

(This Winterborn dude is a nice addition to the forum :nod: )[/quote]

Give me time Kalm. You may end up taking back those words. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein