Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

China 's been planting microchips...

Post by Chizzang »

Well you don't say...
So making highly sensitive government sourced computer devices in China is a bad idea..?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... -companies
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: China 's been planting microchips...

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:Well you don't say...
So making highly sensitive government sourced computer devices in China is a bad idea..?

:protesst: :protesst: :protesst: :protesst:

Take stern measures! Close their embassy! Eject their diplomats! Seize their women! And for God’s sake, keep them out of Harvard and MIT!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote:

Take stern measures! Close their embassy! Eject their diplomats! Seize their women! And for God’s sake, keep them out of Harvard and MIT!
phpBB [video]
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

But but Russia!

The Dept of Defense is trying to do something about it. A community near here is supposedly going to be the first site of a new DOD project where they will start making things like microchips in America to go into defense systems. The DOD project is targeting rural America with towns of under 6,000 population. All employees would have to be able to get a security clearance and would be required to live in the community.

If some Chinese/Asian moves to white bread Iowa to get a job in one of these places they will stick out.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote:But but Russia!

The Dept of Defense is trying to do something about it. A community near here is supposedly going to be the first site of a new DOD project where they will start making things like microchips in America to go into defense systems. The DOD project is targeting rural America with towns of under 6,000 population. All employees would have to be able to get a security clearance and would be required to live in the community.

If some Chinese/Asian moves to white bread Iowa to get a job in one of these places they will stick out.
I don't recall Snowden or Chelsea Manning or anyone else appearing to be Russian or any other ethnic group that would sell secrets to WikiLeaks or the Russians. Chinese would just have to recruit Iowans. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Isn't it possible for China and Russia to be national security threats? And weren't you guys lauding Romney for calling Russia exactly that in 2012?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Grizalltheway wrote:

Isn't it possible for China and Russia to be national security threats? And weren't you guys lauding Romney for calling Russia exactly that in 2012?
Of course they can. But instead of worrying about real threats like this we waste time on nothing burgers.

:coffee:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Those dirty Chinese bastages. I wouldn't be surprised if they were snooping around directly under our feet.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Sounds like Oak Ridge Tennessee during WWII
:thumb:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

We can hope!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

China has a very unique approach to intelligence - an ancient one (the Vietnamese are masters at it too) - a special brand of HUMINT that requires nearly monolithic filial piety (which they have), and meticulous patience and attention to detail. Every Chinese is a part of it, wittingly or not - students and businesspeople in particular

It ultimately doesnt matter - any discussion in the US about "what to do" will devolve into toxic accusations of disloyalty on one side, and racist xenophobia on the other

China is not/not Japan of the 1970s. They have concrete plans for economic and military hegemony by the middle of this century and it is our children who will have to live with our stupidity on China (as with many other things)

Postscript: it Sure would be nice if we hadnt spiked the ball on Russia in the early 1990s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote:
Postscript: it Sure would be nice if we hadnt spiked the ball on Russia in the early 1990s
That's a mistake that will live with us forever unfortunately. We won the Cold War but then blew the victory party. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Ivytalk wrote:

Would you be OK with Chinese students attending Hillsdale?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CitadelGrad wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:

Would you be OK with Chinese students attending Hillsdale?
As long as they don’t get any federal aid, sure. 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.