houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Hurricane Florence Response Thread

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: If you don’t like the bait I’m using....keep it to yourself. I’m going for some Goliath Grouper.

It’s painstakingly obvious that Jeffrey has been trolling since the moment he resurfaced from the Gimps trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's got a full blown case of TDS. :nod: :nod: :nod: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:shock:

Is that the one that turns the head of your dick into a toadstool?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: He's got a full blown case of TDS. :nod: :nod: :nod: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:shock:

Is that the one that turns the head of your dick into a toadstool?
You’re obsessed with Stormy Daniels, aren’t you? :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Wet shoes

oh the humanity

Wet shoes, flooded homes, crushed cars, a few dead people. Dozens and dozens of leaves, all of the place

So basically a bad July thunderstorm

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wet shoes, flooded homes, crushed cars, a few dead people. Dozens and dozens of leaves, all of the place

So basically a bad July thunderstorm

That's what it sounds like in that area, I saw some pictures of the New River at a pretty good flood over by Adams County.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Good to hear that everything is going so swimmingly!

There shouldn't be much need for a taxpayer bailout then!.......
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

One thing that I am happy about is knowing that our Fed response to disasters is racially and politically motivated.....and not just totally inept. I was a bit worried after the Puerto Rico debacle. Phew!
Go Black Bears!
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

mainejeff wrote:One thing that I am happy about is knowing that our Fed response to disasters is racially and politically motivated.....and not just totally inept. I was a bit worried after the Puerto Rico debacle. Phew!
Explain to me your brilliant plan to disperse the relief supplies that have piled up in at the PR ports when so many of the bridges and roads and infrastructure have been destroyed.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Pwns wrote:
mainejeff wrote:One thing that I am happy about is knowing that our Fed response to disasters is racially and politically motivated.....and not just totally inept. I was a bit worried after the Puerto Rico debacle. Phew!
Explain to me your brilliant plan to disperse the relief supplies that have piled up in at the PR ports when so many of the bridges and roads and infrastructure have been destroyed.
Jeff is just parroting the Dims lines...he won’t accept anything else...and any answer will ignore the reality of what PR was, and is...

:coffee:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

I say we fly a bunch of C130s over PR and drop 24-packs of bottled water all over the country with a guy yelling "lookout below!" into a megaphone.
Celebrate Diversity.*
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Col Hogan wrote:
Pwns wrote:
Jeff is just parroting the Dims lines...he won’t accept anything else...and any answer will ignore the reality of what PR was, and is...

And most of you are just parroting Trump World.....you won't accept anything else.....and any proof or evidence is just more "fake news" and liberal lies.

*YAWN*

Go Black Bears!
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

mainejeff wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

And most of you are just parroting Trump World.....you won't accept anything else.....and any proof or evidence is just more "fake news" and liberal lies.

*YAWN*

Let’s compare facts...point out how the Federal response was lacking...

It’s an island with very little federal presence...the infrastructure, which is a territory responsibility, was seriously crumbling (I’ve driven to both ends of the island, and outside San Juan, it was/is a third world infrastructure)...

mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Col Hogan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

*YAWN*

It’s an island with very little federal presence...the infrastructure, which is a territory responsibility, was seriously crumbling (I’ve driven to both ends of the island, and outside San Juan, it was/is a third world infrastructure)...
That got a Third World response from the Trump Regime.....

Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Pwns wrote:
Well, the truckers’ union in PR, which MJ would normally support, refused to transport any of it
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

CID1990 wrote:
Pwns wrote:
Well, the truckers’ union in PR, which MJ would normally support, refused to transport any of it
Link?
Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Link?
I don’t need a link. I have 3 former CPD brothers, all Puerto Rican... one of them was there, the other two have family there, and one of them has a trucker in the family... and all of them have hurricane emergency response experience

Please refer to Snopes’ extremely tortured, War and Peace explanation as to why this allegation is false ... it’s an entertaining read if you can stay awake
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

mainejeff wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

So, you have no facts...just talking points...got it...

I can demolish you with the facts, but you are making the allegations so you go first...

mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Col Hogan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

I can demolish you with the facts, but you are making the allegations so you go first...

"Facts".....on this site? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Go Black Bears!
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

mainejeff wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

Again...tell us what you would've done to get the relief supplies from the ports to the cities.

I mean, maybe we could've moved a whole lot of military hardware and personnel over there but even that probably wouldn't worked well with their bad roads and bridges and liberals would probably accuse Trump of militarism and overkill.
Celebrate Diversity.*
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Pwns wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Again...tell us what you would've done to get the relief supplies from the ports to the cities.

I mean, maybe we could've moved a whole lot of military hardware and personnel over there but even that probably wouldn't worked well with their bad roads and bridges and liberals would probably accuse Trump of militarism and overkill.
The blood is not on my hands....I don't know what to tell ya.
Go Black Bears!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Bottom line as far as Trump goes is that he was trying to compare Maria to Katrina. There is no comparison. Even though Puerto Rico is an Island it was not as difficult a problem as Katrina. There simply wasn't the physical destruction involved. Storm surge is the big thing. Maria had a 6 to 9 foot storm surge. Katrina had a 28 foot storm surge.

I have always said that people expect way too much from the Federal government when these things happen. There is only so much it can do. But Trump's mistake was making a comparison. There is no WAY a storm with a 6 to 9 foot storm surge is going to cause the initial destruction and loss of life as a storm with a 28 foot storm surge is going to cause. It was egotistical and stupid for Trump to go down there and start acting like people should think HE should be given credit because the initial death toll wasn't as high.

And now he's trying to act like Florence was the most horrible storm ever when it wasn't. Again: it was nothing like Katrina.

It's a shame we're at this point but we do have a President how has the need to say GREATEST this and MOST that when it's not true. Like saying we have the GREATEST economy ever when we don't. He's just a lying sack of shit and that's what we've got right now.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Bottom line as far as Trump goes is that he was trying to compare Maria to Katrina. There is no comparison. Even though Puerto Rico is an Island it was not as difficult a problem as Katrina. There simply wasn't the physical destruction involved. Storm surge is the big thing. Maria had a 6 to 9 foot storm surge. Katrina had a 28 foot storm surge.

I have always said that people expect way too much from the Federal government when these things happen. There is only so much it can do. But Trump's mistake was making a comparison. There is no WAY a storm with a 6 to 9 foot storm surge is going to cause the initial destruction and loss of life as a storm with a 28 foot storm surge is going to cause. It was egotistical and stupid for Trump to go down there and start acting like people should think HE should be given credit because the initial death toll wasn't as high.

And now he's trying to act like Florence was the most horrible storm ever when it wasn't. Again: it was nothing like Katrina.

It's a shame we're at this point but we do have a President how has the need to say GREATEST this and MOST that when it's not true. Like saying we have the GREATEST economy ever when we don't. He's just a lying sack of **** and that's what we've got right now.
John

You are spot on about the storms, and the unreasonable expectations people place on the government when it comes to disaster response (especially for people who willingly live in places that are guaranteed to have a storm once every 15-20 years)

But we all know what Trump does. Nobody needs you to point out the obvious. It’s stupid and obnoxious but it has no effect on the storms or the response

At this point, Trump saying something he presided over being the greatest or best is literally a tree falling in deserted woods. It is also his default position. Nobody really cares and nobody really listens. Maybe the craziest among his base actually cares, but let’s not forget how many people carried water for some much more serious lies in the past - like, “If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor”- that’s a direct lie that helped usher in some of the worst legislation since WWII. Trump says “my hurricane response was the best” .... well? Big deal.

TBH, since we’ve now had liars in the Oval Office every time since .... well, let’s see...

Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, GWB, Obama.... they’ve all had their fraught relationships with the truth when it came to significant events or decisions during their administrations... but never was it as obvious that they were full of crap as it is obvious that Trump is. Trump’s bull is almost comical it is so obvious. But obvious or not, I fail to see how it is more damaging than the others